Warhawk Shutting Down - UPDATED: New Date January 31 2019

POEman553

Well, maybe some people are this close to gaining trophies or even the platinum, and even though they did their best to finish in time they missed a couple hours to be done.

I remember earning a very hard trophy on MAG 40 minutes prior to the server shutting down, I was really happy even though I had no chance to get the platinum because of how the game itself worked. I would have felt so pissed if they closed earlier than scheduled.

1 hour ago, GastNDorf said:

Well, maybe some people are this close to gaining trophies or even the platinum, and even though they did their best to finish in time they missed a couple hours to be done.

I remember earning a very hard trophy on MAG 40 minutes prior to the server shutting down, I was really happy even though I had no chance to get the platinum because of how the game itself worked. I would have felt so pissed if they closed earlier than scheduled.

I'm just happy I got the trophies I wanted done - basically everything except the really grindy ones. I'm ok with this incompletion on my profile given I started the game years ago. I was probably never going to get the platinum given my aversion to mindnumbingly-boring grinds.

Edited by NeM2k2

The last I checked, the servers were still up. You may want to go online and do what you can to Platinum this.

I got my Platinum on Tuesday and I can't believe I did it. I'm a proud owner of Warhawk and Starhawk Platinums. 

Twisted Metal on the other hand? Yeech. Spent 2 days doing wins and kills and still can't get those trophies. 

So in the end the shutdown will be postponed to... unknown, may be in any day. Usually sony warns about a shutdown 90 days before, since this didn't happen chance is that the new date is 90 days from when the shutdown message appeared, or maybe 90 days starting from 25th october.

in any case, hunt the platinum trophy starting from now is a big risk.

On 27/09/2018 at 3:06 AM, VirtualNight said:

Damn (the info is true, check the game on ps store and you'll find this in the description)... really, this is the only MP i've ever enjoyed a lot, even Black Ops 1 tired me after some years but not warhawk, usually when i was tired of getting trophies for a day i used to jump on this game and have fun despite building a lot of haters for which reason i used alt accs. Some of my friends told me to move on Destiny or Fortnite as an alternative, but Warhawk will never be possible to replace for me. Starhawk was supposed to replace it but it was a failure for Warhawk fans.

And so goodbye, almost 10 years of fun which now seem to be gone quickly,

goodbye, dear companion of nights when i couldn't fall in sleep,

goodbye, unforgottable passion for the warhawk community,

goodbye, funny moments from high rank players over 30 years old that when owned started to open the mic and scream to everyone

I also hoped for a Warhawk 2 but that has never been realised, now i have no real replacement for this game as i like simple mechanic games, which recent MPs haven't anymore.

With a strong dedicated boost this game is doable in 100 hours minimum mandatory (50 hours required in an aircraft, 25 inside a jeep/tank and 25 as soldier), is still possible to plat this in time if you don't wait the last 4 days.

Starhawk already closes too...

I know tout love this game, i Never played unfortunaly

Seeing as Warhawk have some hardcore fans out there I wouldnt exclude the option of fans creating their own servers for this game, the same as it happened with Demons Souls on PS3. I myself am not really interested in this game as the platinum will be nothing but 200+ hour of grind but to people that would still like to get this plat or want to finish it because they didnt make it on time, I think not all hope is lost yet.

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 7:09 AM, VirtualNight said:

So in the end the shutdown will be postponed to... unknown, may be in any day. Usually sony warns about a shutdown 90 days before, since this didn't happen chance is that the new date is 90 days from when the shutdown message appeared, or maybe 90 days starting from 25th october.

in any case, hunt the platinum trophy starting from now is a big risk.

It's likely the Kotaku article pointing out that Sony had a message about the 90 day shutdown in the manual was what did it. So I guess if you haven't gotten the Platinum now, hurry!

13 minutes ago, POEman553 said:

It's likely the Kotaku article pointing out that Sony had a message about the 90 day shutdown in the manual was what did it. So I guess if you haven't gotten the Platinum now, hurry!

if that is the case what would the new shutdown date be?

On 10/26/2018 at 10:05 AM, Max_Playne said:

It has been tough, it has been long, but I finally got the plat for Warhawk! Using 4 controllers (one knock off ps3, that was with an almost permanently stuck left analog stick making the character go backwards at the most inconvenient times, and two ps1 controllers using a USB adapter, one of which has the digital buttons making the character movements (idk either) and with the analogs and R and L buttons not working.)

Special thanks to @giatros-m for helping me with the trophies I couldn't do alone including the dlcs trophies, @VirtualNight and everyone who helped him getting an excellent guide to get the plat in the most efficient way, and @POEman553, not only but letting everyone on this site that the servers were going down, but for letting me know that the servers were actually still when I had already given up on it. It was a fun, but stressful, ride.

PS: to those who say " you had plenty of time" I just wanna say the following: I had my ps3 back in 2014 and by then I just wanted to play the most popular games of a generation that was almost on its end (and I still am), and this last year has been crazy in the matter of servers closures, leaving all of us with very little time to everything we would like to do. Even worse when some of us have to work, like myself. So to those ppl, shut the HELL up! We get it, you either have more time that us or you're just trolling so you have some weird fuzzy feeling that I will never quite understand. Just stop saying the same goddamn thing everytime a servers goes down. Other than that have a nice day and thank you to everyone who was willing to read this kinda long post. Peace!

hell to the yes, preach it out loud Max_Playne. You're seem nice, unlike someone else here with a name containing the letters P and L

• Like 1

On 10/25/2018 at 7:24 AM, Phil said:

Indeed it does say that. 

I stand by my statement. I have no sympathy for anybody who missed the deadline, and nobody else should either.

My thoughts exactly. 

10 years is far more than enough to finish this game, but it’s too late for those who waited until the last minute.