Kill Your Completion ∞

16 minutes ago, xFalionx said:

By the way, if anyone is reading this far: Were there anymore news on the thing with PSPlus dropping PS3 and Vita games by March 2019? I'm currently debating if I should save up for renewing my PSPlus membership but if this actually ends up happening, I don't think it's worth it for me. After all I don't even own a PS4 yet so I'd only be benefiting from the ability to play old Plus games, of which I already played the most interesting titles... 

I don't think there was any new information about it since the announcement was pretty clear. Only PS4 games are given through PS+ from April 2019 onwards.

If you renew your subsciption you can add all the PS4 games to your library on the webpage. When you have a PS4 someday you already have a nice collection of games.

4 hours ago, PerryToxteth said:

Can I go off on Johnny Depp for a second? His career had such promise with great roles in Ed Wood, Fear and Loathing, and Donnie Brasco, but now he's basically a Nic Cage mail-it-in money whore with his films. I mean, is there really any difference in the wacky characters he played in Sweeney Todd, Alice in Wonderland, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, etc., etc. The world has had enough of Tim Burton and Johnny Depp collaboratoring on dark, quirky, odd films! And Helena Bonham Carter isn't helping at all either. So much promise early in his career and now such a Hollywood schmuck... 

I have to agree with most of your statement although I would argue that the sell out occurred right after the first Pirates movie. I loved Jack Sparrow when it initially came out and still love the first Pirates movie. I thought the dialogue was sharp for the whole film and Jack was a refreshing change to the usual pirate trope. Unfortunately, the movie made a crap load of money for Disney so they made more but pretty much scorned the dialogue/patter which was the best part and covered it with action and explosions. It's just continued on and now good actors come to the series for money and a break from acting.  

Depp got so much money thrown at him as a result that I think it would have been hard for anyone not to sell out. Now all anyone wants from him is Jack rolled into whatever other role he's doing and for the most part he has a hard time playing normal people now though his turn in Murder on the Orient Express was pretty good.

Depp hasn't done anything different than most Hollywood actors who do something on the grand scale as a career sidebar (like Nic Cage) and then get trapped in it by huge money we can't even fathom. Robert Downey Jr is doing the exact same thing now with Tony Stark after a pretty strong career (aside from all the drugs in his personal life). His last good movie was the first Iron Man and everything has been Tony Stark since (even Sherlock Holmes has been more Stark than Holmes). Just for the record, I find the MCU to be CGI-pretty but fairly crappy movies. So this isn't an isolated phenomena within Hollywood that wants movie stars and not actual actors anymore.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, PerryToxteth said:

Each film gets five chapters and it is funny to try and decipher a real movie's plot line through Lego cut scenes.

I had a similar experience with the Jurassic Park franchise. I watched the first movie but my exposure to the rest of the films was entirely through the Lego game. I'm guessing in the real movies the dinosaurs are less inclined to spit people they eat back up, whole and unharmed. :awesome:

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Kevvik said:

I have to agree with most of your statement although I would argue that the sell out occurred right after the first Pirates movie. I loved Jack Sparrow when it initially came out and still love the first Pirates movie. I thought the dialogue was sharp for the whole film and Jack was a refreshing change to the usual pirate trope. Unfortunately, the movie made a crap load of money for Disney so they made more but pretty much scorned the dialogue/patter which was the best part and covered it with action and explosions. It's just continued on and now good actors come to the series for money and a break from acting.  

Depp got so much money thrown at him as a result that I think it would have been hard for anyone not to sell out. Now all anyone wants from him is Jack rolled into whatever other role he's doing and for the most part he has a hard time playing normal people now though his turn in Murder on the Orient Express was pretty good.

Depp hasn't done anything different than most Hollywood actors who do something on the grand scale as a career sidebar (like Nic Cage) and then get trapped in it by huge money we can't even fathom. Robert Downey Jr is doing the exact same thing now with Tony Stark after a pretty strong career (aside from all the drugs in his personal life). His last good movie was the first Iron Man and everything has been Tony Stark since (even Sherlock Holmes has been more Stark than Holmes). Just for the record, I find the MCU to be CGI-pretty but fairly crappy movies. So this isn't an isolated phenomena within Hollywood that wants movie stars and not actual actors anymore.

You make several good points. I'm sure ego starts getting in the way when you absurdly think "I'm worth $25 million a role. Yeah, I'm that good. Why would I ever do an indy art-house film again?" 

The big studios are in a tough spot right now where they spend so much money on blockbusters, they don't dare take the chance on anything original, so they keep regurgitating the same films.

Indiana Jones is legendary because someone took a chance on a script. Star Wars is a global enterprise because someone thunk outside the Flash Gordon box. No studio will try for stuff like that today so they just play it safe and drain every comic book franchise they can. 

10 hours ago, Metal Slime King said:

I had a similar experience with the Jurassic Park franchise. I watched the first movie but my exposure to the rest of the films was entirely through the Lego game. I'm guessing in the real movies the dinosaurs are less inclined to spit people they eat back up, whole and unharmed. :awesome:

Lol!

1 hour ago, dizzyshadow said:

Ticket to Ride - bad port of what is actually a good game, still full of bugs at present

I forgot to mention it a few weeks ago, but thanks for your great review of this game. My family loves the board game and will probably like this version too. Will you keep us updated here as to when it gets patched? No sense in buying a broken game.  

On 26-11-2018 at 2:56 AM, SyIaris said:

It took me about 36 hours, mostly with AI. If you want the better weapon stats, I'd suggest starting now and just doing the daily mission - you need six days total to buy the 30% buff. Takes... maybe 10-15 minutes counting loading screens?

You'd want an extra/otherwise unused character to use it on since completing anything generally gives you a new one, but items are shared across all characters - you can make it whenever.

Let me know if you want help getting past urgent missions or farming stuff or something. Haven't finished the rest of the DLC yet, so it's staying installed anyway.

if you want to help I don't mind.. =) there are some hard missions I have left lol 

On 05/12/2018 at 3:59 PM, PerryToxteth said:

I forgot to mention it a few weeks ago, but thanks for your great review of this game. My family loves the board game and will probably like this version too. Will you keep us updated here as to when it gets patched? No sense in buying a broken game.  

Happy to update here if it ever gets fixed, i'm not holding my breath at the moment, the first update has come and its still glitchy.

If you are looking for a digital version i do highly recommend the iOS version if you have iphones or iPads to play on (i'd assume the android version is the same but i've not tried it), as things stand its far better than this version.

• Like 1