Kill Your Completion ∞

6 hours ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

A side question. Is anyone here going to try the 11-11 game being released this coming week. In remembrance of the 100th anniversary of the end of WWI.

"11-11 Memories Retold" is Game No.4 for me ( as long as they aren't charging some ridiculous price for it). I just read Joseph Persico's book "11th Month, 11th Day, 11th Hour" and it was quite engaging. His book revolves around the last day and the unexplainable reality that troops were still going over the top on that morning. Generals fully knew the war was ending at 11 a.m. but nobody bothered rescinding the attack orders. Young lieutenants kept the orders to make a name for themselves in hope of promotions. Germans in the trenches knew of the Armistice and were dumbfounded that they were seeing troops charging over no-man's land. 

True fact that is absolutely abominable - Allies took more casualties on 11/11/18 than they did 26 years later, on D-Day!! 

Shameful.

• Like 1

Day 5 of Game 1: Just finished Chapter 1, got to Chapter 2, got a lot of new stuff. And a trophy, so now the completion is 11%.

To be honest, I may end up selling one of the games on this list because, well, you know how 90% of the people on this forum are playing Red Dead Redemption 2 now and dropping out of events because of it? Well, I have my own version, and that's Spyro Reignited Trilogy. I am going to work on it day in and out when it comes out and I pick it up from Gamestop(I got a free pre-order for it) and plan to platinum all three games before Christmas, but I spent over $110 on Super Smash Brothers games($58 for the pre-purchase of Ultimate and $38 for the 3DS Smash so I could practice my moves) so I am worried I won't have enough money in my bank account to keep me out of the red this month so I'll have to trade in some of my games to mitigate the $40 price tag and FFXII will probably one of the games I trade in. :( I know, I know, that was terrible budgeting on my part but I am planning on enjoying Super Smash Bros. Ultimate when it comes out the day after my birthday.

I'll still participate in the event until the 13th and then let you know how I fare.

Edited by DragonQuest238
  • Like 3

On 04/11/2018 at 9:14 AM, Agent 47 said:

L873cd8.png

HITMAN

Bonus game #1

Preparation for HITMAN 2, non-VR game #3

Total playtime: dozens of hours

I've got 100% completion in Hitman.

Might not be in the spirit of this event, but it does show how much I'm psyched for Hitman 2 :)

My opinion hasn't changed on the game (it's awesome) so I won't do another review on what's a bonus game in this event.

Today is my last day for 2064 Read Only Memories. Tomorrow I'll start with my second set of games, for which I am choosing a short non-VR game, so that I can switch to Hitman 2 on Friday.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Agent 47 said:

I've got 100% completion in Hitman.

Might not be in the spirit of this event, but it does show how much I'm psyched for Hitman 2 :)

My opinion hasn't changed on the game (it's awesome) so I won't do another review on what's a bonus game in this event.

Today is my last day for 2064 Read Only Memories. Tomorrow I'll start with my second set of games, for which I am choosing a short non-VR game, so that I can switch to Hitman 2 on Friday.

Since you've played Hitman recently now, I'm intrerested to see what you think about the levels (that aren't part of the base game) in Hitman 2. I'm weary that they might have half-arsed the game, considering the base game is apparently identical. So I kind of want to know, if they've at least put some effort into the new areas, or if they are just recycled with a different paint job or the likes.

15 minutes ago, voodoo_eyes said:

Since you've played Hitman recently now, I'm intrerested to see what you think about the levels (that aren't part of the base game) in Hitman 2. I'm weary that they might have half-arsed the game, considering the base game is apparently identical. So I kind of want to know, if they've at least put some effort into the new areas, or if they are just recycled with a different paint job or the likes.

Well, as I see it they're doing a bit of a reorganisation now that they're independent. The base game is the base game because story-wise, it makes sense to keep the training facility as the tutorial. Then you can dive into season one, and canonball season two after that.

In any case, S2 seems to have the same number of locations as S1, plus at least one location for Sniper Assassin mode. The game will not be released episodically, but it's still divided into episodes (which seems to make sense with Hitman as it's mission based in different locations). I've also noticed that none of the locations in S2 (save for the tutorial, or "base game") are locations from S1. Also, one location has the mastery trophy at level 5 and one has it at level 15, indicating that these might be either smaller locations, or more railroaded ones, or containing less targets.

Anyway, I'll definitely let you know. I hope someone, anyone I like on PSNP also goes for the game so I can do the online stuff with that person instead of a random one. Not that it looks like there's anything needed for online trophies other than playing the game online once.