Turf Wars Difficulty Spikes

Mophne

At first yes, though when I remembered the controls found it reasonable. It is a bit harder than the main game but not by much. Those shield enemies were annoying.

2 hours ago, shlomaniac said:

I hate the screwball stealth missions so much, they are simply not fun. 

Also, You cant fully avoid the mini gun enemies sometimes... Thank god they weren't in the main game. 

Yeah pretty much all the Screwball missions are a pain in the arse.

Edited by Feral

The shield guys are easy when you get used to them. Just target them first and take them out quickly. I used zip attack (triangle), dodge under (circle), air launch (hold square) then air combo (spam square) and it kills them straight away on easy.

For the gun guys just use a takedown (needs 2 stamina bars). You can also web them with a web bomb, throw them (hold triangle) them web them to a surface with the web shooter to take them out quickly. 

One of the screball stealth challenges was annoying until I learnt the path. I used a lot of trip mines to take the guys out quickly. They are useful for double takedowns if 2 enemies are stood next to each other.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Warlord99956 said:

One of the screball stealth challenges was annoying until I learnt the path. I used a lot of trip mines to take the guys out quickly. They are useful for double takedowns if 2 enemies are stood next to each other.

Damn, I didn't think of that. The stealth challenges weren't really hard, only annoying, but that would have made them a lot easier. :D

44 minutes ago, Warlord99956 said:

The shield guys are easy when you get used to them. Just target them first and take them out quickly. I used zip attack (triangle), dodge under (circle), air launch (hold square) then air combo (spam square) and it kills them straight away on easy.

For the gun guys just use a takedown (needs 2 stamina bars). You can also web them with a web bomb, throw them (hold triangle) them web them to a surface with the web shooter to take them out quickly. 

Those shield guys, yeah, that's how I was dealing with them, or the instant finisher.  The main problem I have with them is that red stuff they leave behind.

I actually managed to get Ultimate by chance (i just wanted to get past these, not aiming for it) in both stealth missions and it was a nightmare...

Since photobombs and enemies are pre-set, you just have to do trial and error and memorize it.

I don't even want to know what are the next ones...

The enemies were indeed tougher, and it seems like Insomniac just dumped on you the max amount of enemies the game can handle at any given time.

Edited by SnizelPS

The first Hammerhead base I went for happened to be the one with 3 mini gunners at the end, so I was glad they weren’t all like that lol. In the end I liked the huge crowds of enemies though, was pretty fun. Web bombs were really useful, hardly had to use any other gadget.

The Harlem stealth challenge took me a few tries before I figured out a good pattern.

Surprised at the number of people saying they found the Screwball stealth challenges extremely tough. I found them only slightly tougher than the base game. The Screwball challenges I personally raged at were the combat challenges. If memory serves, one combat challenge and one Hammerhead Front gave me loads of difficulty that I'm surprised I didn't wake the dead with my raging. Playing on the hardest difficulty didn't help matters, though. :awesome:

• 2 weeks later...

While it is more difficult, I didn't find it to be that much more difficult than the main game stuff.  Completed all 4 Fronts with all bonus objectives and never died on them.  And I did the bonus objectives all in one completion.  Only the 85 hit combo one had me reloading checkpoints, only because I ran out of guys before I hit the combo.

The rest so far hasn't been that much harder.

2 hours ago, ExquisiteSteez said:

Electric Web +  Resupply suit power is the way to go.

Died 2 or 3 times (hammerhead fronts can get tough at times), but other than that it wasn't THAT hard.

The main game was way too easy. A little challenge is always a nice thing.

P.S. Found the last (DLC) boss quite enjoyable.

Having finished it 100% and got all Ultimate ranks on the screwball challenges I only actually died once, only on the dlc boss.  Struggled a bit with getting the dodging down for a few attacks and I got too careless with focus so I couldn't heal enough to take the hit that killed me. 

While you do have to be on your toes a little more in this one, it wasn't bad.  Enjoyed the challenge, but wasn't frustrated by anything.  All this was on Amazing difficulty.