PS Plus December 2018

Valyrious

6 hours ago, xh117 said:

If anyone is on the fence with Steins Gate, it's well worth a playthrough, a bit slow in the beginning but it really picks up halfway through so stick with it.

people sometimes say this, but i personally find it captivating from beginning to end. although the big plot twist happens right in the middle, its got enough to get you going practically all throughout. even in the beginning. plus fun characters. i'm actually almost done watching the anime version even though i read it on vita and ps3. i wanted to see it in anime format, which its awesome, but lacking a number of memorable scenes. was disappointed it basically went right over near the beginning when kurisu was disproving time travel, in the anime it just flashes forward with okabe being frustrated of the aftermath. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TJ_Solo said:

Buy the games you want. It's faster.

28 minutes ago, Milktastrophe said:

Not when they come up for free on PS Plus before you get around to them because you have too many games in your backlog already.

That's why I try to keep my backlog under control. I have no problems with a game which I bought coming to PS+ down the road. Yes, SOMA is on PS+ now, but I bought it half a year ago for just over €7 and I loved it so much that I felt sorry for both me and the devs that I didn't buy it closer to release for a higher price. I'm glad more people get to play it now, but I still wouldn't have minded if I had gotten it earlier. I don't mind funding devs when they make a good game.

There's also the risk of not seeing the games you anticipate end up on PS+. People have been calling Octodad a future PS+ game since it was revealed. Well, it might still be on there at some point but I played it close to release over four years ago and a bunch of times since then.

Bottom line, I agree with @TJ_Solo. If you want to play a game, and it's on for a price you're willing to pay for it, just do so.

2 hours ago, Spaz said:

As much as I want to see the Vita get just a tad bit more attention, Sony has had it on the chopping block for a couple years now.

Unfortunately it doesn't look like Sony has any interest in making another handheld console. I think they're a dying thing at this point.

Well, most of the Vita's failure is only Sony's fault. Handhelds don't seem to be dying even outside of Japan. The Vita launched in the same year as the 3DS and that one ended up a massive success, not as huge as all DS versions put together but that can be written off as not as many people willing to try a 3D handheld. The Switch is also very successful these days, and even though that one has the advantage of being able to be played as a home console (which would be a great thing if more handhelds started doing this), it seems Sony has nothing to blame the failure of the Vita on but themselves.

1 hour ago, RJP_X said:

people sometimes say this, but i personally find it captivating from beginning to end. although the big plot twist happens right in the middle, its got enough to get you going practically all throughout. even in the beginning. plus fun characters. i'm actually almost done watching the anime version even though i read it on vita and ps3. i wanted to see it in anime format, which its awesome, but lacking a number of memorable scenes. was disappointed it basically went right over near the beginning when kurisu was disproving time travel, in the anime it just flashes forward with okabe being frustrated of the aftermath. 

Me too. I was in from the beginning just because of Okabe and his god tier voice actor. The characters are all really great, so it wasn't slow at all for me. The VN in general goes a lot deeper in philosophical debates about time travel in a way that is convincing and extremely well translated. The effort put into the game, both development and localization, really can't be overstated. I think it's the finest game yet. Of course, no boom boom action or crazy combat, so of course some people will find it "boring".

Can't wait to buy Steins;Gate Elite day one.

Edited by Valyrious

Already own Soma and Onrush. The former is great, the latter seems fun, although I haven't tried it yet.

Played Steins Gate on Vita and it's exceptionally overrated. The game starts of interesting and then drifts off into absolute nonsensical filler for 15 hours, that even makes it evident that writers had lost the plot, not continuing the exposition on various things that were thrown into the conversations. That's essentially the first half of the game, only then it starts to become interesting again for the remaining 15 hours. It's like being told to read a book tha's boring as hell for the first 300 pages, but becomes interesting and a good read from that point onward. That's not something I'd ever call a good book or game for that matter. I just thought it was decent at best, but it's definitely better than Psycho-Pass or XBlaze.

Not really interested in the rest, so might end up being a backlog month for me.

3 hours ago, FOOTBALLNUT said:

PlayStation Plus (S.E. Aisa) just announced December line-up: 

Yes. For Asia we have God Eater 2 Rage Burst, Gravity Rush 2 and Katamari Damashii No.

I don't know the free games for the Playstation 3 so hopefully we will also received Steins Gate.

Great lineup for the last month of the year!

I thought ps3 wasnt getting plus games anymore? or was it a rumor?

this was a few months ago.

still pissed as fuck when I thought I did download yakuza 4 when it was free on ps3 but I didnt cause I have to pay to download it. 

I really wish it was retroactive. you join now you have access to all the past plus games. or at least the past year. just as a nice boost. but oh well.

as for these games, probably all add to library. might play steins gate tho 

37 minutes ago, LegacyJKO09 said:

still pissed as fuck when I thought I did download yakuza 4 when it was free on ps3 but I didnt cause I have to pay to download it. 

I really wish it was retroactive. you join now you have access to all the past plus games. or at least the past year. just as a nice boost. but oh well.

They'll remove the PS3/Vita games next March.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LegacyJKO09 said:

Be sure to check your downloads on PS3. There are a couple of games that ask for payment when I try to download them from the store (the most notable one was Dead Nation), but are still in my downloads, and will download for free there.

15 hours ago, Valyrious said:

You found Steins;Gate boring, but not Lightning Returns?

We landed on the wrong timeline. Go back to the correct one where people have better taste in games.

No need to be rude. I don't like Otaku and Akihabara stuff, and have no interest in Sci-Fi. So a game like Steins Gate was boring for me. I also found it awkward as a female player since the game's character design made it seem like it was aimed at guys like an boys version of an otome game. 

I loved FF games though, and I enjoyed all of them with their pros and cons, and FF is certainly way more popular than Steins Gate. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Lava_Yuki said:

No need to be rude. I don't like Otaku and Akihabara stuff, and have no interest in Sci-Fi. So a game like Steins Gate was boring for me. I also found it awkward as a female player since the game's character design made it seem like it was aimed at guys like an boys version of an otome game. 

I loved FF games though, and I enjoyed all of them with their pros and cons, and FF is certainly way more popular than Steins Gate. 

Your taste in games should fall in line with his. How can you be so clueless? :D

That being said, how can you not like Stein;s Gate?

16 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

Many consider it to be one of, if not the best, visual novel ever made. There are other games that came after it, but it stands on its own. I've yet to even play the sequel, and I think there's a spinoff or two (that weren't localized..). And yes, this is the first game. 

Not gonna lie you got me intrigued. mmm I'll add it to my downloads and I'll find sometime later I guess to try it out. Thanks for the suggestion :P

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

Your taste in games should fall in line with his. How can you be so clueless? :D

That being said, how can you not like Stein;s Gate?

Speaking of clueless... she explained why in her first sentence, chief.
Anyway, don't misread things. Just because someone doesn't share the same interests as you do doesn't mean you can't make a Steins;Gate related joke. People are so sensitive nowadays.

17 minutes ago, Valyrious said:

Speaking of clueless... she explained why in her first sentence, chief.

She explained why her tastes should fall in line with yours? Do you even try to make sense anymore?

17 minutes ago, Valyrious said:

Anyway, don't misread things. Just because someone doesn't share the same interests as you do doesn't mean you can't make a Steins;Gate related joke. People are so sensitive nowadays.

Apparently, I'm not the only one "misreading" your "joke".

1 hour ago, Lava_Yuki said:

No need to be rude.

Pure hilarity! But whatever - if it's a joke, it's a joke. The last thing I want is to get into some mudslinging war.

Back to the thread: what do people think of Onrush (who have played it, of course). Any fun? I'm not a huge fan of racing games, but I'm not allergic to them, either.

Edited by starcrunch061

12 hours ago, TurtlePM said:

OnRush isn’t a racing game -_- it would be more like a “Beat’em Up”... Not in my top list, but always was interesting trying it since they announced it.

I only tried beta, but i would say it's like MOBA on wheels. Two teams of six players trying to do objective.