Most difficult "easy" games

SuchRemorse

17 hours ago, DaikichiKawachi said:

Damn. This game is on my wishlist and I've been eagerly looking forward to playing it but now you have my worried. Is the wear it does to your analogue sticks really that bad? I don't care how good a game is. I'm not breaking my Vita for it.

You won't break your vita.. 

• Like 2

For me, Suicide Guy and Marvel's Spider-Man. Suicide Guy gave me AWFUL motion sickness, and I've found Marvel's Spider-Man to be rather flat and boring towards the end, plus I'm struggling with the combat. Pushing through the last of Spider-Man to get the plat and placed back on the shelf, played for the DLC only to get the last challenge tokens.

Edited by frontzie

Definitely Sound Shapes and its deceptively high overall stats on this site.

Death mode is really awful because entirely RGN-based and time limited, there's no way one can "learn" each level or train - you just need to try and try and try again until you get lucky with how the notes will randomly spawn...

Edited by Neef-GT5
  • Like 2

On 06/02/2019 at 0:43 PM, DaikichiKawachi said:

Damn. This game is on my wishlist and I've been eagerly looking forward to playing it but now you have my worried. Is the wear it does to your analogue sticks really that bad? I don't care how good a game is. I'm not breaking my Vita for it.

Nah it's not too bad. I actually turned the Vita upside down which IIRC someone here suggested. In all honesty the game isn't terrible, it could be really good I'm just very fussy about certain things in 2D & I was a strong supporter of the DS & WII so I kinda feel like I've had my fill of alternate & silly control schemes. In total there's probably only a few minutes of stick spinning in Sir Eatsalot & if you're planning on playing it over a few days to a week you'll probably enjoy the game. I rushed it 'cause I was doing trophy events for a whole year, & my way of playing became a little bit of a shit TBH. No regrets but I sure had a lot to say in a thread about easy games as a result hah.

• Like 1

On 2/1/2019 at 5:23 AM, Duffcar said:

Sound Shapes is definitely one for me, every now and then I go back and try a random death mode level for awhile until I eventually give in and decide I could be playing something less frustrating.

Other than that there's Uncharted, I'll admit I haven't dedicated anywhere near enough time to this franchise as I should have yet. However the few attempts I've had have left me reducing the difficulty multiple times and seemingly struggling a lot more than I should or others seem to have. 

Alas, persistence will get me through them eventually; once the backlogs been hindered.

As a tip for Uncharted, go through normal first. Depending on the time you have, it helps to do three; normal > hard > crushing. It does make it  much easier than starting on Crushing. I find that nearly everyone that says it's hard are start on crushing. The problem with that is that it's your first playthrough. So you're still learning the controls, mechanics, weapons, enemies. And the way levels/spawns are setup.

The more you know the game(s) the easier they become. On PS3, I went normal > hard > crushing on all of them and I died the least on Crushing and the most on normal! And on PS4 jumped right into Crushing and had minimal issues (still need to do 3 again though; may save it for 200 idk). I even got that one underground part, where you drop into the water an enemies come from all around you the first time on PS4. Even tweeted  in anticipation of it being hard, but I know the game well enough that it wasn't.

I think this applies to a lot of games (Deadpool comes to mind). I wouldn't outright say Uncharted is easy even then, but I'd say it's a fair platinum when you are used to the games. And made harder if you try to do it faster. Often times trying to do a plat the quickest, 'most efficient' way is the hardest way to do it. So if you don't mind a few playthroughs, just enjoy the game first. Then go from there. Personally I'd rather take more time if it makes it easier. lol, and with the remasters that time investment really helped speed up the process. Time spent back on PS3, was time saved on PS4!

Edited by Elvick_
  • Like 1

For me it's definitely Crash Bandicoot. I only played the first one so far, but I regret ever starting it. I had a Crash Racing game for Gamecube when I was a kid, that had also some platforming in it, so I was pretty exited for a Crash game since I never played the originals. But I hted every second of it, just trying to get through the story was infuriating enough, no way i'm gonna get through the time trials.. :( 

I also find the Fighting challanges in the Batman games very hard. It's very frustarating, because those are some of my favorite games, and I'll probably never plat them

Oh and also: Furmins and King Oddball. Just don't do it. Most levels are actually pretty fun to figure out, but there are 1 or 2 levels that are so extremly finicky and require a lot of luck that it's not worth loosing your hair over it tbh. Especially since it doesnt even have a a plat

Edited by NanaCheese94

1 hour ago, NanaCheese94 said:

For me it's definitely Crash Bandicoot. I only played the first one so far, but I regret ever starting it. I had a Crash Racing game for Gamecube when I was a kid, that had also some platforming in it, so I was pretty exited for a Crash game since I never played the originals. But I hted every second of it, just trying to get through the story was infuriating enough, no way i'm gonna get through the time trials.. :( 

I also find the Fighting challanges in the Batman games very hard. It's very frustarating, because those are some of my favorite games, and I'll probably never plat them

Oh and also: Furmins and King Oddball. Just don't do it. Most levels are actually pretty fun to figure out, but there are 1 or 2 levels that are so extremly finicky and require a lot of luck that it's not worth loosing your hair over it tbh. Especially since it doesnt even have a a plat

I hadn't played the crash re release yet. But I heard that they changed the controls slightly. For better or worse. IDK

5 minutes ago, SuchRemorse said:

I hadn't played the crash re release yet. But I heard that they changed the controls slightly. For better or worse. IDK

I read online that they used the same engine for all 3 games or something, which messes with the colliders in the first game alot. Basically, Crash sometimes even falls off flat surfaces and has very weak grip in general. That makes levels like High Road etc a lot harder.

But for me the most frustrating parts are the few savepoints, and some levels seem to drag on forever. 

15 minutes ago, Elvick_ said:

Oh I totally forgot about Taco Master. I really struggle with that game, I'm just not good with a touch screen at all and everyone talked about how it was basically a free platinum when it came out. [oh how things change for 'free platinum' games!]

OH YEAH.... that game gets crazy! I felt like smashing my Vita. But then one day I got into a zone and I actually became the taco master. I couldn't believe how fast I was going. 

I found that some of the missions in Weapon Master in Soul Calibur 2 were really difficult, so much so that i feel the rarity should be lower.

Also, i'll always be shocked that the FFX-2 100% story completion trophy has a 8.35%, that was one extremely fiddly trophy that i'd thought would be below 5%.

Another recent game I've been having problems with is Bleach Soul Resurreccion, the trophy guide suggests to grind mission 19 at level 50 or beyond for maxing the level with every character, but even with a level 80 character i get absolutely creamed in the stage, god knows how people with the plat managed to grind up every single character using that stage.

13 hours ago, NanaCheese94 said:

None of the games mentioned are considered to be easy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fastflowdaman said:

None of the games mentioned are considered to be easy.

And yet so many people seem to have the Crash Bandicoot plats, it's not rare at all. Normaly thats what specifies an easy game. And people often say they dont like the Batman games because they are "casual" or too easy in general

• Like 2

On 08/02/2019 at 5:23 PM, Elvick_ said:

As a tip for Uncharted, go through normal first. Depending on the time you have, it helps to do three; normal > hard > crushing. It does make it  much easier than starting on Crushing. I find that nearly everyone that says it's hard are start on crushing. The problem with that is that it's your first playthrough. So you're still learning the controls, mechanics, weapons, enemies. And the way levels/spawns are setup.

The more you know the game(s) the easier they become. On PS3, I went normal > hard > crushing on all of them and I died the least on Crushing and the most on normal! And on PS4 jumped right into Crushing and had minimal issues (still need to do 3 again though; may save it for 200 idk). I even got that one underground part, where you drop into the water an enemies come from all around you the first time on PS4. Even tweeted  in anticipation of it being hard, but I know the game well enough that it wasn't.

I think this applies to a lot of games (Deadpool comes to mind). I wouldn't outright say Uncharted is easy even then, but I'd say it's a fair platinum when you are used to the games. And made harder if you try to do it faster. Often times trying to do a plat the quickest, 'most efficient' way is the hardest way to do it. So if you don't mind a few playthroughs, just enjoy the game first. Then go from there. Personally I'd rather take more time if it makes it easier. lol, and with the remasters that time investment really helped speed up the process. Time spent back on PS3, was time saved on PS4!

Thanks for the advice! 

I remember when I first attempted it back on the PS3 I started on Normal but found myself lowering it, however that was well before I got into trophy hunting which provided more of a reason to preserve. I'm pretty sure the remaster save I've currently got is on Hard so I'll take your advice and lower it for my own sanity. A few of those extra trophies currently sound impossible but hopefully this way I'll be able to get through :)

On 2/8/2019 at 6:16 PM, NanaCheese94 said:

I don't think anyone would call The Crash 1 or even 2 Platinum easy. I mean I Platted all three of them inside of a week but that's because I've played the originals to death and I still found certain levels on 1 and 2 a nightmare to do the time trials on, not to mention the fucked physics and hitboxes you have to deal with (looking at you, pole vaulting Nitros in 2). I don't blame newcomers at all for struggling with it as Crash 1 wasn't designed with time trials in mind. There was plenty of swearing at the TV on my end, let me tell you. 

Anyway my example is probably the God of War games. They all have fairly high completion rates but the challenges (chiefly the no damage ones that are in EVERY FUCKING GAME) usually stop me from getting the Platinum. The only one I've obtained was for 2 (again, plenty of swearing for the no damage challenge; angriest 15 minutes of my life) and I'll get 3 if I can be bothered doing another playthrough on Hard. Also Sly 3 is an embarrassing one for me as there are a few challenges stopping me from doing that, chiefly that fucking Vault run. Also yeah, Sound Shapes. Fuck those Death Mode levels. 

• Like 1

On 02/02/2019 at 10:11 AM, HaserPL said:

Prey was created by the Arcane Studio, they developed Dishonored. Prey is basically a Dishonored 3.0. I'm pretty sure that playing Dishonored before makes Prey much easier.

I'm aware, part of the reason I was hyped for it. I got the 1k in Dishonored 2 and DOTO pretty easily, I found it significantly more difficult. 

It was already mentioned here, but I have to agree with Teslagrad. I played this for a trophy event and people told me that the game is fun while being quick and easy. Oh, how wrong they were.

I usually hate using video walkthroughs for games, but I had no other choice for this. Never would have found some of the scrolls without a video. And yeah, the father scroll made me want to quit. I still can't believe that this game is an uncommon platinum and that the Korean Versions have a rarity somewhere between 70% and 90%.

I usually finish games, even when there's no trophy for completing it. Teslagrad, however, ended up being deleted right at the moment I got the last trophy.

• Like 1

On 2/8/2019 at 11:30 AM, Elvick_ said:

Oh I totally forgot about Taco Master. I really struggle with that game, I'm just not good with a touch screen at all and everyone talked about how it was basically a free platinum when it came out. [oh how things change for 'free platinum' games!]

Oh god this one so much.

The screen not responding correctly at times makes this game absolutely infuriating!

For me right now it's definitely InkSplosion on the Vita. Maybe 18 year olds on ADHD medication are immune to it, but my old eyes truggle to make out anything.

When I turn the ink on, it's unplayable because there is multicoloured barf on my screen after 2 seconds and framerate approaches zero. When I turn the ink off, everything is just white. White obstacles, white enemies, white enemy projectiles, white player projectiles and a white player. I start playing, a lot of shit happens and I have no clue what I am seeing, then I am dead (usually on level 1 or 2) and I don't even know why.

After a few minutes of that I start fantasizing about the game materializing in front of me so I can stab it in the gut repeatedly with a sharp object until it's dead. It's not healthy, but it helps.

Edited by pinkrobot_pb
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, vanillamoose said:

I’d have to say Goat Simulator. More specifically, acquiring the trophy for getting 10 points on that flappy bird clone mini-game is definitely a lot harder than it sounds. ?

That's why difficulty is such a subjective thing. I had hardly any trouble with that trophy on both PS3 and PS4. Maybe the lack of physics and logic in that minigame was compensated by my lack of skill and in the end we got along just fine.

Edited by pinkrobot_pb
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, pinkrobot_pb said:

That's why difficulty is such a subjective thing. I had hardly any trouble with that trophy on both PS3 and PS4. Maybe the lack of physics and logic in that minigame was compensated by my lack of skill and in the end we got along just fine.

U surely must have some serious skill to do that trophy twice without breaking your controller haha. Congrats on getting a double plat on that game. Despite that one trophy, it’s a fun, quirky little simulator ?

• Like 1