Favorite PlayStation 3 Games?

Parker

• 2 weeks later...

I see PSN games are exempt.

Hopefully the concept of my layout is understood here.

1. (Will remain my favorite game of all time until I die) Jak 3

2. Jak II & Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy (yes they're tied)

3. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare 

3.5. (lol) Infamous 2

- Infamous 

- Resistance 2 (because of story and barely-mostly MP co-op.. soooo many hours in, great experience and moments, and was able to come back to this game yr after yr after yrs for long-short term re visits, without the avoided corruption of time consuming trophies, which I was AIMING FOR in the process during my revisits. It took me yrs to get a certain co-op and MP trophy, yet it had no affect on this game's placement)

- The Last of Us (honestly, it's the story and experience that put this here on the list, not the MP which has no relevance here..... surprisingly)

- Just Cause 2 (the over the top, fun as hell & "free do whatever the hell you want" gameplay is what im holding onto and how this game is here on this list. So many hours plugged into this game and there is several memorable moments. Actually, the more I think about it, the more I think I realize that this game belongs here, and it's because it's one of those general dreams and my personal dream of a sandbox game I've been wanting to play since the Jak & PS2 days)

- Modnation Racer

(- White Knight Chronicles had potential, but my selfish trophy instinct/desires, which includes this Platinum's difficultly and time required to get it, corrupted that possibility, so R.I.P. :\ )

(- Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon i'm sure would have made the list, if I played the game, lol)

- Call of Duty: World at World (very possibly probably tied with COD4)

- Dragon Ball: Raging Blast

- Dead Space 3 (however, if I beat this game anymore or keep playing it, it will go down into V because it's starting to get incredibly boring constantly beating this game and coming back to it; replay value starts to die around/after the 2nd playthrough - it did for me - this doesn't include the DLC though, as I have yet to play it, which I bought months ago)

- Uncharted 2 (similar to TLOU, except some of the MP has relevance to this game's placement here)

- Uncharted 3 (the MP is why this made it on the list, as the story alone wasn't enough, unlike UC2)

- Killzone 2 (thank god the MP existed, otherwise, this wouldn't be here, but just to ensure, im not implying the story was bad or displeasing to me - I loved it and enjoyed it - it just wasn't enough to put this game as a favorite. This is probably because this series didn't have a strong enough legacy in-game or installments? Since Killzone 1 was the only game before it but was horrible)

- Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm (for it's first installment, it was handled shockingly and amazingly well. The lack of online and trophies allowed this game to be made to it's fullest, with the technology present at that time. However, that's only one of many reasons why it made it into my favorites. With this series being a System Generation successor from the Ultimate Ninja series on PS2, which I was very much intact and relevant to before buying UNS on PS3, it easily became loveable. Seeing the series' evolution from PS2 to PS3 for the first time was shockingly amazing on HD tvs especially. Seeing Kakashi's double handed lightning blade, Naruto's regular rasengan mini cutscene, and the game's changed control from 2d to 3d plus some was all overwhelming at the time. Gameplay was great, story was great, graphics were great, etc, etc. Like I said, for it's first installment and it's first step into evolution it came out wonderfully.

Have to admit this one was hidden away in storage. I had to dig deep to remember this masterpiece and place it on my list.

(Late, last minute, contemplated, and bare entry) - Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 (there were some great aspects of this game, despite the consistent hate it gets

Games that came close to becoming my favorite, but just ended up being great experiences, very fun, and games I very.. very much enjoyed:

- Sonic Generations (the voice acting mostly is responsible for this)

- White Knight Chronicles (see above)

- Sonic Unleashed (trophy list and overall difficultly is why this is placed here)

- Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed (lack of a story and vaguely a lack of a vocal track for the game's main theme, x2 bad combination.. but then again, doesn't it make sense?)

- Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale (had the game been balanced a little better, there been not so many - playable - game-play glitches, and had Jak been more faithful to his character, this would have easily become a favorite of mine, however, if Jak alone was more faithful to his game's counterpart, which includes having his original voice actor, then that alone would have secured this game's placement in my favorites)

- Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 (gotta admit this was close to becoming a favorite, but the lack of even making a decent amount of new friends and having almost no-one to play with on my friends list put this here. This is probably the only co-op game I've ever owned on PS3 in which I wasn't able to form new friendships, therefore having no memorable memories, experiences, and moments, and no nostalgic or memorable "look backs")

- Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 2 (lack of Z in the title bothers me, lol, and the lack of a story made gameplay feel more tedious and chore'ish, which it already was with the way it was designed, despite the gameplay being much more polished from it's prequel, however, a revisit to this game, which I haven't played in a straight couple of yrs, might change that)

- Borderlands 2 (better than Borderland 1, but the earlier release of it's prequel gave Borderlands a nostalgia and classic feel, and it's where everything began, therefore overwhelming the better-game-aspect of BL2. Moderately high possibility of changing over time though, especially after the engaging & lovely designed Sir Hammerhock DLC)

- Resistance 3 (don't even think I have 24hours on this game, so a lack of long term exposure could be why this game is placed here)

- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (definitely the right exact placing for this game)

- Dead Space 2 (the 3 save file only BS feature is why this is placed here)

- Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z

- Killzone 3 (despite the shorter and less significant story, I enjoyed it VERY much still, as it's story development,length wise ONLY, reminds me of my favorite PS3 game and goes with my personality, but because of a lack of consistent friends to play this game with, it didn't make it)

OP states games "available" on PS3...but I won't count the ps1 titles I downloaded lol.

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (Everything about this game did it for me. I am not a fan of 3rd person but I was still drawn in.)

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (get over it lol)

Enchanted Arms (no trophies and somewhat similar to Wild Arms)

Edited by Avatar_Of_Battle

I got a couple, TloU (SP only), Skate 2 and 3 (coop = love), LBP1 (coop = love), Dragon's Crown (coop = love), COD MW2 (Snatch and Hate), Limbo, FEZ... There should be a couple more that my awful memory can't remember, but I think those are the top ones.

If I had to choose only one, it would be LBP1. It was the game that made me buy my own ps3.

I got a couple, TloU (SP only), Skate 2 and 3 (coop = love), LBP1 (coop = love), Dragon's Crown (coop = love), COD MW2 (Snatch and Hate), Limbo, FEZ... There should be a couple more that my awful memory can't remember, but I think those are the top ones.

If I had to choose only one, it would be LBP1. It was the game that made me buy my own ps3.

• Like 1

Top 5 for my favorite PlayStation games would have to be.

• LittleBigPlanet (Bought my first DLC on that game and I think the first game I bought)
  • The Last of Us (Single Player)
  • Minecraft (Since I couldn't play it on computer)
  • Battlefield 4 (Never played it before but played BF3 and put plenty of hours into)
  • and the Assassins Creed series (Played every AC game not to sure about getting the next few AC games) 

10. Midway Arcade Origins

9. Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters

8. DiRT Showdown

7. Quantum of Solace

6. Saints Row: The Third

5. Transformers: War for Cybertron

4. Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon

3. Skate 3

2. Just Cause 2

1. Earth Defense Force 2025

As of right now this is my order, but I have so many games and these are the ones I'm playing currently that I'm having a lot of fun with

I'm an old gamer so it's really hard to decide, just going to through some names out there:

Demon's Souls / Dark Souls (DS2 not quite there because it's a sequel)

Mass Effect 2 (ME3 is left out not because of the ending but because of other stuff such as the dull mini-quests)

Heavenly Sword - a seriously underrated game, if only they had added trophies...

Uncharted 2 (of course)

Dead Space (a unique horror game, the atmosphere is amazing and they weren't able to copy that in later games)

XCOM Enemy Unknown (a classic)

The Last of Us (Incredible, might be the best one)

Wipeout HD (a classic)

NBA2K11 (First one that revolved around Jordan, a step up for 2K games)

Resident Evil games (I like them all!)

Silent Hill games (same!)

Journey (Complete merging of music and game, that end stage....the feels)

Bioshock (Unique, so good)

God of War series (pure fun)

Batman: Arkham xxx (incredible games and voice acting, too hard for me to plat though)

One thing to add, Alan Wake is probably my favorite game but it never came out on PS3, did it? Too bad.