Exclusive: What to Expect From Sony's Next-Gen PlayStation

HusKy

55 minutes ago, IntroPhenom said:

I concur.  Even if something stupendous happens, like the PS5 has a fantastic launch title (like an undeniably awesome Elder Scrolls VI) I'm holding off on purchasing for an indeterminate period of time.  

Unless Bethesda uses a different engine I wouldnt get my hopes up for a god Elder scrolls game.

All I want now from PS5 is a better party system the current one is complete ass when trying to play with friends.

34 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

I like the idea of an SSD, but they are too expensive. Next gen needs a TB for the bare minimum. No way this will be cheap if they go with one.

My guess (and as someone suggested in this thread already), the SSD is going to be some sort of hybrid. It's been available in laptops for a while now and if used correctly, it could provide a good balance between performance/price.

3 minutes ago, HusKy said:

My guess (and as someone suggested in this thread already), the SSD is going to be some sort of hybrid. It's been available in laptops for a while now and if used correctly, it could provide a good balance between performance/price.

That would make sense. I still use a launch model of the PS4 with 500gb and it is just not enough. More and more games are close to 100gb and the OS is another 100gb. They really need to make sure they have more storage space cause games will just keep getting bigger.

I'm worried about the SSD though. They have great performance but they also have a fairly short life span compared to a standard HDD. I don't want a $500 brick later on down the line, plus, what about support for external drives?

BC with only the PS4 is disappointing because it should be no trouble at all to at least include PS1 and PS2 support based on emulation. Beyond that I think it sounds solid. $500 doesn't sound bad to me, I wish it was less but it's not bad

1 minute ago, majob said:

I'm worried about the SSD though. They have great performance but they also have a fairly short life span compared to a standard HDD. I don't want a $500 brick later on down the line, plus, what about support for external drives?

BC with only the PS4 is disappointing because it should be no trouble at all to at least include PS1 and PS2 support based on emulation. Beyond that I think it sounds solid. $500 doesn't sound bad to me, I wish it was less but it's not bad

I just can't see this being only 500 dollars with the current specs without them skimping on something. The 2nd gen ryzen 7 2700x costs 300 dollars, and this one is supposed to be using the upcoming 3rd gen ryzen. SSD's are still very expensive too, I expect it to only being 1 terabyte max. Not to mention a GPU with ray tracing will be expensive as well, even the radeon rx580 and 590 are still in the 200-300 dollar range

3 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

some sources are saying it will cost around 500 USD at launch

And if that's a lot of money... preorder at Gamestop. They will allow you to put in deposits of money before it releases. I'll probably put in $100 a month and make it really sustainable to afford.

I personally want an expensive console at launch.

The more expensive it is, the farther away in technology it is than the PS4.

Edited by Valyrious

Just now, Valyrious said:

And if that's a lot of money... preorder at Gamstop. They will allow you to put in deposits of money before it releases. I'll probably put in $100 a month and make it really sustainable to afford.

I personally want an expensive console at launch.

The more expensive it is, the farther away in technology it is than the PS4.

History has not been kind to consoles that are the most expensive

• Like 2

Just now, SnowxSakura said:

History has not been kind to consoles that are the most expensive

Only when they're stupid with their reasoning. I really doubt Shawn Layden or Mark Cerny will tell potential customers to get a second job if they can't afford it.

A lot of people don't buy systems at launch anyway. Most people wait a year or two or even longer before they jump.

1 minute ago, Valyrious said:

Only when they're stupid with their reasoning. I really doubt Shawn Layden or Mark Cerny will tell potential customers to get a second job if they can't afford it.

A lot of people don't buy systems at launch anyway. Most people wait a year or two or even longer before they jump.

The ps3 has been the only console that was the most expensive that didn't fail, every other one prior to that failed and disappeared into obscurity. Neo Geo, Laseractive, CD-i, 3DO

1 minute ago, SnowxSakura said:

The ps3 has been the only console that was the most expensive that didn't fail, every other one prior to that failed and disappeared into obscurity. Neo Geo, Laseractive, CD-i, 3DO

The PS3 had a horrendous launch due to its expensive price tag, but yes, it did eventually outsell the Xbox due to the superior software offerings.

As bad as a launch may be, or how expensive it is and might burn the consumer, they will ALWAYS win people back if they have the games.

• Like 1

Cmon bc with ps3 too!!! Psnow is a flop like a vita(though i love my vita)..just burry it Sony.

Also can Vita2 dock onto ps5. That be cool....

4 hours ago, Alternatewarning said:

So now here's the question.  As I still do not have a PS4 do I wait longer and just get a PS5...

honestly, you've held out this long and with bc you can play any ps4 titles you've missed, so you may as well wait a little longer.

Edited by Leenewbe
  • Like 1