HusKy

Exclusive: What to Expect From Sony's Next-Gen PlayStation

113 posts in this topic

some sources are saying it will cost around 500 USD at launch

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So now here's the question.  As I still do not have a PS4 do I wait longer and just get a PS5...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They also confirmed it won't be releasing in 2019. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait, just a PS4 backwards compatibilty or all consoles?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, I'm surprised Mark Cerny talked so candidly about the PS5 which hasn't even been officially announced yet. This is the kind of stuff I would have expected to find out during the reveal event.

 

One of the most exciting things for me is the SSD. Considering how much more expensive they typically are than a standard HDD of the same size, I wouldn't have expected a next gen console to come shipped with one right out of the box. No more minute long loading screens like we've gotten used to over the years... That's pretty huge. The whole 3D audio thing sounds interesting too.

 

I'm not surprised in the slightest that it's backwards compatible with PS4. There was no mention of PS1/PS2/PS3 support, but I guess there's always the chance that could be discussed later. I'd be disappointed if it was only backwards compatible with PS4.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I honestly don't care.

 

I'm at the point where I just look at stuff like this with a grain of salt.

 

Besides wait a few years and there will be an improved version of the Playstation 5, or at least, a slim version of the vanilla original.

 

There's too many games out there for me to have any care towards what the Playstation 5 is going to bring.

 

If it took players until inFamous Second Son to buy the PS4, which didn't arrive until March 2014 FOUR MONTHS AFTER IT'S LAUNCH DATE, then I assume the same could very well happen with the PS5.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Rakinho993 said:

Wait, just a PS4 backwards compatibilty or all consoles?

It specifically stated PS4. Better than nothing I suppose.

 

@ topic - I am reminded of a person on another forum who argued with me that the next PlayStation wouldn't have physical media. Oh you!
 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't think I'll buy it though, just not enough incentive

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Rakinho993 said:

Wait, just a PS4 backwards compatibilty or all consoles?

This is exactly what I thought. I mean we've seen that patent that was filed by Sony that looked like it was going to be backwards compatibility for all Playstation systems. So what was that patent about if it turns out to be Playstation 4 only? Unless all of the Playstation systems come later on down the line of the PS5 life cycle. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

 

One of the most exciting things for me is the SSD. Considering how much more expensive they typically are than a standard HDD of the same size, I wouldn't have expected a next gen console to come shipped with one right out of the box.

They probably have some kind of hybrid system. Maybe the game loads assets into small(50gb?) temporary ssd storage  while you play. It's should be too expensive otherwise.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alternatewarning said:

So now here's the question.  As I still do not have a PS4 do I wait longer and just get a PS5...

You may as well wait until the PS5 comes out since it will be compatible with PS4 games. Saves you money plus getting an extra console.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SSD would be amazing. I've been getting a lot of crashes on my PS4 recently due to slow load times.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SSD is the major plus here. Of course lots wanted backward compatibility but with how bad the ps4 runs and crashes anymore it's good to see a hopefully "smoother" running console this time around.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SnowxSakura said:

some sources are saying it will cost around 500 USD at launch

Personally i would remove the bc for cheaper price! 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Vergil said:

Personally i would remove the bc for cheaper price! 

They haven't stated if it will be emulated bc(like the xbox one) or hardware bc like the 20 and 60 gig PS3. If it's software emulated, it wouldn't affect the price of the console at all

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

They haven't stated if it will be emulated bc(like the xbox one) or hardware bc like the 20 and 60 gig PS3. If it's software emulated, it wouldn't affect the price of the console at all

Oh ok. But seems its more powerful console. To bad its not 399 as ps4. 

 

Again i personally don't care so much for bc

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I usually wait around 6 months after launch to buy a new console. Guess I have till 2021 (Sealab should be up and running by then) to knock out my backlog. Lol, yeah right I failed miserably with my goals on PS4. But one main question still remains: how big will initial storage be?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As long as it still has the SHARE button, SHAREfactory, and the ability to broadcast to YouTube or wherever, I'll be good with it. :)

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alternatewarning said:

So now here's the question.  As I still do not have a PS4 do I wait longer and just get a PS5...

 

Yup

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I trust in Mark Cerny ... so i‘m realy hyped and can‘t wait for the new PlayStation :)

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Spaz said:

I honestly don't care.

 

I'm at the point where I just look at stuff like this with a grain of salt.

 

Besides wait a few years and there will be an improved version of the Playstation 5, or at least, a slim version of the vanilla original.

 

There's too many games out there for me to have any care towards what the Playstation 5 is going to bring.

 

If it took players until inFamous Second Son to buy the PS4, which didn't arrive until March 2014 FOUR MONTHS AFTER IT'S LAUNCH DATE, then I assume the same could very well happen with the PS5.

 

I concur.  Even if something stupendous happens, like the PS5 has a fantastic launch title (like an undeniably awesome Elder Scrolls VI) I'm holding off on purchasing for an indeterminate period of time.  

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My guess it will be only PS4 backwards compatible and PlayStation Now will be backwards compatible solution for PS1,2 and 3 games to PS5. They would seriously hurt the prospect of sustaining PS Now if they made PS5 as a legacy console. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.