If PS5 allowed you to delete trophies, would you do so?

DaikichiKawachi

10 minutes ago, Inexistent911 said:

I will never delete any trophies, to quote Illidan: "I Am My Scars"

The quote on my profile is similar " I could have this scar removed if I wanted, but it reminds me of who I am."... Cammy (Street Fighter) xD

I hope this never happens, completionism will be pointless that way. 0% lists is fine, but more than that nope.

• Like 1

On 8.5.2019 at 9:35 PM, DaikichiKawachi said:

I would just delete games I didn't like. It has nothing to do with improving my completion percentages or showing off to others. I would delete platinums and 100% games too. I would just like to be able to look at my profile and it show only the games I liked and invested my time into. If you read my posts, you'd see all of the games I listed apart from Fallout New Vegas are really easy and not very good. Removing them might deflate my profile statistics.

Just hide them then?

I hope PS5 gives us the option to delete games, there's so many I want to delete 'My Name Is Mayo', 'Mr Massagy'. Alot of easy games has got to go, aswell as the low percentage games which I'll probably never play. That's looking like 20+ games, at the same time dropping me about 12 plats. I have no problem rebuilding my collection away from unmemorable games & pointless collections. But I doubt this will ever be a feature, so I guess I'm stick with those trophies. I wish my trophy philosophy didn't get overwhelmed in 2018 when I discovered that you could also get new plats, it's bad enough I played Terminator Salvation & platted TellTale Games. Although we have all done it, I get jealous seeing some people's list & their quality of games are way better than mines aswell as their percentage completion average. 

Edited by ExplicitJAP

No, cause there’s blank account method to avoid this problem.

i would allow it only for unattainable platinums, or in alternative developers can release a patch to let people earn that trophies with different skills.

Edited by cik93

16 hours ago, Gorirakujira said:

Never be ashamed of your past failures 1f606.png

There is a difference between failures and bad luck though. Like for people who had sporadic connections in the early years of PS3 and couldn't finish some games due to server closures that weren't always announced.

On 5/8/2019 at 1:02 PM, SinisterPledge said:

What an incredibly lame notion. I really hope they don't add this feature. And no, I wouldn't. When you start a game you make a commitment to finish the game, or fail trying. Rarity already has questionable relevance to determine difficulty, and with this change it would make it entirely unnecessary to track. I realize that there are valid reasons for wanting to remove a list, but it would just be abused. Don't do it Sony.

Fuck that, i dont want a 0% fortnite list on my account because my friends told me to play with them and then they never opened it with me.

Edited for spelling errors.

Edited by Byoteki_Doge

1 hour ago, Byoteki_Doge said:

Fuck that, i dont want a 0% fortnite list on my account because my friends told me to play with them and then they never opened it with me.

Edited for spelling errors.

You can delete 0% lists from your PSN profile though.

• Like 1

The only game I would delete my trophies for is Dante's Inferno for the PS3 and the only reason I would do so is because the second DLC, Trials of St. Lucia, has been taken down. It is no longer possible to purchase it, so it is therefore no longer possible to 100% the game. I hate having incomplete games on my profile unless I am still working on them. Also, why is a person with hidden trophies considered a cheater? I'm new here.

• Like 1

On 6/22/2020 at 5:17 AM, Kristen Danielle said:

Also, why is a person with hidden trophies considered a cheater? I'm new here.

I would like to know the reasoning behind this too.

I know that if you have a flagged game you must hide it to get your rank back, but that can't be reason enough.

Edited by Bratinov
Grammar

10 hours ago, SinisterPledge said:

You can delete 0% lists from your PSN profile though.

They removed this functionality from the mobile app, which pisses me off, why do this?

Why split communities, messages and remote play into their own apps!!?

Edit: Sorry for the double post.

Edited by Bratinov

Isn't the main reason trophies can't be deleted is to prevent trolling from either hackers or someone logging on to your system out of spite?  As much as I can see the benefits of being able to knock a 1% completion list for an uncompletable game off my list, I think the system most likely should stay the way it is.  I can't imagine Sony implementing a system that could end up with them being swamped with support tickets with players who delete a list and then have regrets.

On 6/23/2020 at 2:49 PM, Seabound117 said:

Isn't the main reason trophies can't be deleted is to prevent trolling from either hackers or someone logging on to your system out of spite?  As much as I can see the benefits of being able to knock a 1% completion list for an uncompletable game off my list, I think the system most likely should stay the way it is.  I can't imagine Sony implementing a system that could end up with them being swamped with support tickets with players who delete a list and then have regrets.

2 step verification exists for a reason

• Like 2

Not delete, but let me start games with the option of selecting a trophy-unlocked playthrough or not.  Of course, you wouldn’t be able to suddenly jump into the middle of a non-trophy playtgrough and change it, but...it gives players an option to start and finish a game without obligating you to trophies.  ?

• Like 1