How many of your platinums have under 50% completion rate?

realm722

26 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

It's almost like every topic on this site somehow comes back to shovelware.

True, in this case though it is kinda relevant with so many dipping their toes into that genre.

On 1/11/2024 at 1:11 PM, DrBloodmoney said:

Man, there really are a lot of great games with platinum rarities above 50% on this site...

...it's sad to see so many folks so proudly proclaiming they have avoided or missed out on them! 😂

Dang shovelware has a lot to answer for in skewing popular perception!

It's crazy to me that people still see rarity as some sort of dong measuring contest. If anything, seeing a game I love with a low completion rate makes me a little sad because in most cases it's because it's not that popular. Mass Effect Andromeda should be way higher IMO.

Edited by Vault-TecPhantom

Of my 142 platinum trophies, 140 of them are sub-50%.  The other two are ~55% and ~60%.

That's largely what I expected to see given the number of RPGs I play, many of which require some amount of grinding beyond the main story to unlock everything.  But I also expected to see a couple more 50+% platinums given I've played a bunch of Kemco-RPGs and those are about as short-and-mindless as they get.

@FreshFromThaDeli So, I gave it a quick check just now and it looks like I have 192 out of 203 plats below 50% rarity. So that would be about 94.088%.

Not bad, I guess. I'm open to playing easy games and visual novels from time to time, so that's why I have a few easy ones under my profile.

• Like 3

78 of 79 has a rarity lower than 50%. So 98,7% of my plats.

Just like someone else before, only Tales from the Borderlands has a higher percentage.

Though I think I'll change it up soon. Not to pad my plats, but becuase I've got some indies in my backlog/want-to-play list so I'm thinking this year to make sure I actually get around to playing them that I'll play one sub-10-hour game between each long epic game I play. 

• 3 weeks later...

48 out of 77 are below 50%.

62.338% of games are below.

I played some easier ones at times - I folded, because I was so behind when comparing to others, and it was the fault of damn Shovel Ware.

Some of it was used as inbetween games when planning out Milestones.

Edited by J-S_93

264/280 (94.29%). Surprised I only have 16 games over 50%. Will definitely be getting some more soon, nothing wrong with playing some easier games every now and then.

1. The Light in the Darkness (87.96%)
  2. Donut County (82.39%)
  3. The Walking Dead: A New Frontier (78.92%)
  4. Lara Croft GO (76.89%)
  5. Pinball Heroes (75.99%)
  6. Omno (73.95%)
  7. Hitman GO (68.77%)
  8. Virginia (62.79%)
  9. Life is Strange: Before the Storm (62.79%)
  10. Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered (62.67%)
  11. Telling Lies (62.64%)
  12. Last Stop (61.37%)
  13. The Wolf Among Us (55.38%)
  14. Sly 2: Band of Thieves (54.79%)
  15. The Walking Dead: The Final Season (51.14%)
  16. Tales from the Borderlands (50.38%)

72 out of 75 platinums are below 50% for me. One of the +50% was Burly Men At Sea (a psplus game), one was Adam's Venture which I bought on impulse because it was costing merely an euro or so at that time (it certainly had entertainment value due to being comically bad), and the last was The World Of Nubla, which was said to be one of the better "ezpz fast" platinum type of games at the time and I wanted to see what the fuzz was all about (wasn't impressed, which is why I decided not to buy any more of these games even if Nubla looked pretty cool).