RAGE 2 Trophy Thoughts

MidnightDragon

11 hours ago, Rise_GKM said:

Yes, two PAID expansions with Story content coming this summer, and they'll probably have trophies... D6Ohu-RX4AIm4Ba.jpg:large

I miss the days where you just bought a game, complete it and delete it for good. Everything these days wants to be some kind of "live-service" and milk people for more of their money and time. It would be fine if the DLCs are good, but they usually aren't.  You just make a game bloated with bland copy-paste content and then proceed to add more of the same.

Would be happy to be wrong in this case, but the trend is not looking good.

• Like 4

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, tonesdad0408 said:

All you guys are talking about how easy the list looks and all that but nobody realizes it will probably come with a million trophies added after launch from dlc that is sure to come. 

One good example would be how Doom kept adding and adding forcing me to keep buying them and completing them to maintain completion. Kinda lame. Unrelated game but Shovel Knight currently has the same problem.

This is one of the big reasons why I wait + the fear of devs pulling an ND on our 100%.

13 hours ago, Rise_GKM said:

Yes, two PAID expansions with Story content coming this summer, and they'll probably have trophies... D6Ohu-RX4AIm4Ba.jpg:large

It seems the added trophies will be more of the same.... hopefully but still gonna wait, don't wanna give Bethesda full price + their games go cheap within 1-2 months of release.

20 hours ago, silver_pigy said:

Deffs easier than the first game. I'm probably gonna pick it up once it significantly decreases in price. My back log is already big enough as is.

I’m in the same boat as you. I’ll can wait until it’s super cheap. Looks fun, but I can wait. 

The platinum looks piss easy compared to the first game, which had tons of missable collectibles and was also quite challenging on the DLC difficulty Ultra-Nightmare.

Im not sure, if I should play this instantly, or wait until all updates are out. They might add difficutly trophies as DLCs again ... And Im also not a fan of all this fake free DLC Update stuff. Im fine with paid DLC expansions, but all these free mini updates are obviously cut from the game and hold back, so people get the feeling that they actually would get additional new stuff for free, instead of content they already paid for. It also makes you feel like you cant enjoy the complete game on day one.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Stan Lee said:

Please no multiplayer please no multiplayer please no multiplayer please no multiplayer

*checks list*

YEEEEEEESSSSSS!!!!

it's been known for some time that there's no mp in this game. marketing as well has pointed that way...

OT:

The list is easy. can confirm. 90% is related to either story or get x kills with y thing.

The only "missable" i think would be the zipline kills, because ziplines aren't that plentiful, and even when you find one they're not gonna be useful for the trophy. 

Also potentially annoying is the wingstick trophy as it requires headshots spesifically. Many enemies later have some sort of helmet that you need to shoot off or waste 2 wingsticks, so you're better off focusing that one early. 

Also getting the defib trophy + turret explosion kill requires you fully upgrade the relevant skills or equipment. Not difficult at all though

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sanetsuken said:

it's been known for some time that there's no mp in this game. marketing as well has pointed that way...

This game has had notoriously sparse marketing and quite frankly I'd completely forgotten about it so forgive me for not being as all-knowing as you

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stan Lee said:

This game has had notoriously sparse marketing and quite frankly I'd completely forgotten about it so forgive me for not being as all-knowing as you

I forgive you buddy, just try to do better next time, ok? 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, AZDMB said:

Does anybody know generally how many hours of content the game is supposed to have? I haven't seen this mentioned in any preview I have read.

You can beat the main story in about 15 hours, according to Reddit: 

• Like 1

Platinum takes 15-20 hours.

1 Missable Trophy:

Crushed
Kill an Abadon Mutant Crusher with the Phoenix

You can start a new game and after the tutorial go to the wilds and kill one of the two with the car. 

Some trophies are bugged. 

You need more than 1337 goon kills, Ballons, slams etc... 

Edited by Pound_of_Life89