Easy to Plat RPGs?

Spraragen88

I think that most of the people gave you a wide variety of (J)RPGs, so I'll try to give my favourites:

• Kingdom Hearts: my favourite series. A lot of games with titles created by a RNG-title editor. A hack 'n' slash combat system, Final Fantasy & Disney characters, a very complicated plot, but a wonderful soundtrack made by Yoko Shimomura;
  • Atelier: a classic JRPG with a turn-based combat system. You go around gathering materials and you go back into the Atelier and you craft everything 8weapons, accessories, bombs, medicines, etc.). They're divided into trilogies (Arland, Dusk on PS3, Mysterious on PS4). Arland is one of the most famous but I know has time limits very tight, Dusk has also time limit but they're more generous (and Shallie is the first title with no time limits). Usually a good starting point is Atelier Sophie on PS4, the first of the Mysterious trilogy, since it has no time limits. The sequel, Atelier Firis, has a generous time limit and it's the first with a wide open world. The final chapter, Atelier Lydie & Suelle, is the best of the trilogy, with no time limit (except a chapter). Then, there's also Atelier Lulua, the 4th chapter of the Arland trilogy without time limit. The same developer made also Blue Reflection, with a turn-based combat system but it takes place in a Japanese school;
  • Ys: another JRPG with a hack 'n' slash combat system. You have Ys VIII, Memories of Celceta (on PS Vita, on PS4 in Japan and probably there should be a western release) and Ys Origin. They share the same character, Adol Christin, a red-hair swordsman who travels around the world with his friend Dogi. Ys VIII is one of the best with a good story, a huge island to explore and different sidequests which are all useful (better the PS4 version with all the extra content, compared to the PS Vita, but you can play both of them). They're not really difficult, maybe Ys Origin due to the nightmare boss rush and the multiple runs (6 or 7. That's why it's an ultra rare platinum). There's also Tokyo Xanadu, which shares a combat system similar to Ys, but takes place in a Japanese town with school times (like Persona), or Trails of the Cold Steel (which I really should start);
  • NieR: well, another great title. The first, NieR, has a beautiful story and wonderful characters, maybe the graphics is the weakest point of the game, but the soundtrack is another masterpiece. The sequel NieR:Automata has a very good combat system and another brilliant soundtrack;
  • Ni no Kuni: play the first game (there should be also a PS4 remaster coming September), is a beautiful story! The second has a better combat system but the story is weak (compared to the first game);
  • Final Fantasy: well, this is a famous series, with a lot of games. My favourites are the XII (it was also my first Final Fantasy, so it's really special to me) and World of Final Fantasy;
  • Tales of: these are really long platinum trophies, because they have huge grinding. But at least give a look at Tales of Xillia (PS3), because is one of the shortest platinum in the series (50 hours, while most of the others require more than 100 hours), a good story and a fun combat system;
  • Dark Cloud (1 & 2): my favourite games of the PS2. These are only porting, the first is good, but the second is a masterpiece!
  • Like 2

On 6/15/2019 at 2:25 PM, SnipeBear_ said:

Im too lazy to look and see If anybody commented this but:

Cat Quest

The games I AMAZINGLY fun and addicting. It is a quick/fun/easy platinum, and super cheap!

I honestly highly recommend it for a fun relaxing game to play on the side

Cool I have that game and I think it's 12 dollars something on ps4.. funny thing I can't find my download game list, my 12 month membership thing is messing up.. since i downloaded a few new games not popping up yet.. (shrugs)

On 16.6.2019 at 10:50 PM, MandA60VISE said:

Wait you don't need Proud/Critical for DDD? I MIIIIIGHT just play it again... A lot of it was really tiresome on 3DS but I was also on Proud.

Late answer, but technically you don't need Proud. You need Proud for one ability to get the All Abilities trophy but for that, you can obtain all Dreameaters on Standard, then start a NG+ with all dreameaters. All you have to do then is farm the beginning to grind all dreameaters for all abilities again. No need to go through the whole game on Proud.

On ‎15‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 4:46 PM, Kristycism said:

• FFX is my personal favourite, and I'd highly recommend it along with FFXII. Trophies are alright in both (though X has some annoying minigames), just will take some time.

I don't think ff10 is an easy game to recommend as you need a lot of crap to do in terms of doing things like the racing. the butterflies. the a bet stuff. all of that is not easy it would sink into either boredom and or hate as I know how hard the damned race and butterflies and the lighting is without messing with a glitch in the lightings case. Or, the videos to know how to get to do the butterflies. The races is pure rng. that is the make or brake kind of thing in ff10. Sorry if I seem random just yeah that I know for a fact is annoying and hard the rng is what makes it like that.

As for the topic on hand. I think, If anything I would say an easy rpg to do is say something like the mass effect games or even akiba's trip undead and undressed and or dragons dogma on ps4 just make sure you got a right build in mind for dogma and a guide for all items you need.

Edited by KANERKB
  • Like 1

On 6/15/2019 at 4:45 PM, KURORISING said:

Though seems like you've played it and then dropped it after the castle , I suggest you give it another chance cause the first 10 hours are tedious and they're giving you the full freedom , but after these 10 hours the game will get a lot . I recommend it, I really enjoyed it

I think this is exactly the same as I did with Persona 5. I know it gets better / more fun / less tedious etc. but after not playing it for however long I have now I fell like I'll have to start it all over again but as much as I want to, I really can't bring myself to do that.

• 2 weeks later...

Depends on what you define as easy, most JRPG's I've played recently have been easy to plat, that I moved onto sword art online RE hollow fragment for the challenge. But here is a few that are easy to plat and some that require a bit of grind, but are easy if you know the tricks.

One piece world seeker - super easy to complete, did it in a week. very short and easy to do, but you have fun just playing it.

Sword art online - Lost song is easy. Accel world vs sword art online is easy to plat, but require more of a grind. Hollow fragment I would say that 80% is easy, when you got the right gear, as I'm zooming through the levels. But levelling to 200 and the 100 hnm kills may kill you. Haven't got the plat for it yet, as still playing it, but taking my sweet time, as I'm enjoying it.

Digimon world: next order - story is very quick and easy to do, may take an average of 140 hrs to plat. Didn't find it to hard to complete, just long to grind. Digimon story cyber sleuth is another easy game, but still requires a good grind.

Tales of series - Vesperia, Berseria, Zesteria aren't that hard to complete, maybe a long grind due to skits, but the grade shop makes its much easier to do.

Final fantasy - FFX2 is quite easy if you follow a walkthrough for the 100%, it's very linear. Same applies for FFX, as it is very linear, but can be done, only problem you may have is the lighting dancer and chocobo's. Older games that are linear aren't that hard, as it's one straight line to the end, but can be a grindfest.

On 20.6.2019 at 1:25 PM, NomadicSnake72 said:

I think this is exactly the same as I did with Persona 5. I know it gets better / more fun / less tedious etc. but after not playing it for however long I have now I fell like I'll have to start it all over again but as much as I want to, I really can't bring myself to do that.

If you like JRPGs, you'll regret missing out this game. To be fair, you won't know you regret it but if you get to the point where you're soaked in the game, you won't leave the game until you finished it at least once (or 3 times, like I did). Maybe consider picking up Persona 5 Royal and lock yourself up for a weekend. This should be enough time to be addicted.

Disappointed that I've only seen one reply mention them but the Trails of Cold Steel games are a great option imo. The series as a whole is one of my favorites and I had a lot of fun platinuming the first one on Vita. The second is on my to do list after I finally get Hardcore Rosette Fan in P4G. Regardless, I'll always advocate supporting Falcom RPGs, especially when they're Trails.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/4154-the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/5234-the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-ii

The 3rd game is scheduled to arrive this September too which will add another to this list. ?

I hope you seriously consider them! (And enjoy them if you decide to play them!)

41 minutes ago, trajon28 said:

Disappointed that I've only seen one reply mention them but the Trails of Cold Steel games are a great option imo. The series as a whole is one of my favorites and I had a lot of fun platinuming the first one on Vita. The second is on my to do list after I finally get Hardcore Rosette Fan in P4G. Regardless, I'll always advocate supporting Falcom RPGs, especially when they're Trails.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/4154-the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/5234-the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-ii

The 3rd game is scheduled to arrive this September too which will add another to this list. 1f601.png

I hope you seriously consider them! (And enjoy them if you decide to play them!)

I thought about picking them up as they got  nice steelbook versions but the guides seem rather complex so they went down my "To play next"-list.

• Like 1

On 15/6/2019 at 2:36 PM, MandA60VISE said:

Well damn I need to get the remaster sooner rather than later then. Got tired of the PS3 version because of a lot of planning ahead was required but if I can just steamroll everything then sign me up.

Why play strategy games if you don't want to plan ahead? It's like if I wanted to play an action game but I only do it if I can stop and take my time mid battle.

I also don't remember much "planning ahead" in Valkyria Chronicles.

On topic, so many games had already been mentioned... from the Tales games I'd say only Berseria is easy to platinum.

2 hours ago, Silencer0004 said:

I thought about picking them up as they got  nice steelbook versions but the guides seem rather complex so they went down my "To play next"-list.

I get that, it's been a while since I did it so I don't quite remember how complex it truly was but I don't remember it being that bad. The main thing is to make sure you're talking to all the NPCs you have access to whenever you progress the story because they always have new things to say and they're essential to completing the character notebooks. I always kept a save at the end of each chapter just in case I missed one, made it pretty easy.

• Like 1

Add two more Kemco games to the list:  Asdivine Dios and Illusion of L'Phalcia

I just did Super Neptunia RPG and it was easy and fast, took me 20 hours but if you skipped all the cutscenes and just wanted the platinum, you could get it done in 15.

Edited by Stormverse

Playing through Final Fantasy Type-0 this is quite a quick and easy one - I guess it will be 30-40 hours.

But ... it kinda sucks, it's like a budget FF game and I can't really recommend it. It's just not very good in my opinion.

Edited by tpepper1985

29 minutes ago, Sora9427 said:

Reading all the Posts I guess the answer is "Basically every single JRPG, They are just long in the end but all easy" (Well more like 90% still) :awesome: 

Exactly, the majority are actually easy, it need time and usually you must earn a lot of missable trophies. For example Atelier Meruru plus has a difficulty 7/10, it's so hard to earn the platinum? well... actually no, the game is not hard, the problem is the preparation you must to do and manage your in-game time good enough in order to do all. Other game that has a very high difficulty is Star Ocean 3. SO 3 is an easy game, it need more than 120 hours and do a lot of thing, prepare an ultimate set of item and trails, clear a lot of boss, completed a tower with more than 150 floor but when you create a very good equipement and unlock some key skill... the game is a 3/10 in my opinion and it's an ultra rare platinum. Other ultra rare platinum I have have whicht is easy as well is Omega Quintet, but in this case the game is simply horrible and tedious.

Edited by AlchemistWer

11 hours ago, AlchemistWer said:

Exactly, the majority are actually easy, it need time and usually you must earn a lot of missable trophies. For example Atelier Meruru plus has a difficulty 7/10, it's so hard to earn the platinum? well... actually no, the game is not hard, the problem is the preparation you must to do and manage your in-game time good enough in order to do all. Other game that has a very high difficulty is Star Ocean 3. SO 3 is an easy game, it need more than 120 hours and do a lot of thing, prepare an ultimate set of item and trails, clear a lot of boss, completed a tower with more than 150 floor but when you create a very good equipement and unlock some key skill... the game is a 3/10 in my opinion and it's an ultra rare platinum. Other ultra rare platinum I have have whicht is easy as well is Omega Quintet, but in this case the game is simply horrible and tedious.

I know. But i think judging them like that is also not that correct otherwise what are the hard plat? Probably just stuff like Vanquish, Sekiro & Co because the game itself are Hard.

For me evene a Plat Like rorona is A Slightly hard one because of all the stuff it requires you to do and the different endings. It's Hard per se for difficiulty? No but it's hard to work on everything and follow everything in guides to do it so not that easy.

Or Even KH: CoM, is it hard? Not really some battles at Critical are not easy but nothing impossible or Hardcore, but the Plat? Damn with all the grind there is to do i don't consider that easy at all. 

But that's my catch, probably the Thread Opener meant Hard in pure game difficulty in which case yeah i don't think there are many JRpgs that are actually hard to do, just tedious.

Edited by Sora9427
  • Like 1

On 6/16/2019 at 4:50 PM, MandA60VISE said:

Wait you don't need Proud/Critical for DDD? I MIIIIIGHT just play it again... A lot of it was really tiresome on 3DS but I was also on Proud.

no difficulty trophy for proud, however you need to play on proud to unlock an ability needed for a trophy. however, the game is still the easiest and shortest KH's game that i platinum'd. baloonra and flow motion make you a beast in the game lol. 

working on 3 right now this might be easier maybe to platinum, but probably a bit longer. 

1 hour ago, Sora9427 said:

But that's my catch, probably the Thread Opener meant Hard in pure game difficulty in which case yeah i don't think there are many JRpgs that are actually hard to do, just tedious.

Here are two: Pier Solar and the Great Architects and Final Fantasy IX (legit). With the Eternal Slip and the Jump Rope minigames. These are difficult and take many hours of practice.