Should Big Leagues be a flaggable trophy?

2 hours ago, TheLakota said:

So now I'm cocky because I pointed out your faulty like of reasoning?

The fact is there's absolutely no way to predict that just because Big Leagues is whitelisted, a wave of other requests for far less popular games will somehow follow. There's no prior precedent; this hasn't happened with GTAV as far as I know (not traditionally whitelisted, though it is for all intents and purposes ignored by staff). 

There are also far fewer instances of hackers auto unlocking -- I'm being extremely liberal in my assessment here as I know you pointing out one outlier will somehow invalidate my argument -- trophies in the other games you mentioned as well.

I'll go ahead and bow out of this conversation since you failed to acknowledge the need for actual evidence to support your initial assertion.

"I haven't made a point and failed to actually acknowledge anything you said, but I'mma bow out and pretend to play the high ground." - TheLakota

M'kay. See 'ya.

This kind of problem will become more and more common over time as servers close and platinums become unobtainable. Although it’s unrealistic to expect this, I’d rather see some kind of solution from the developers and/or Sony where an unobtainable trophy like Big Leagues is removed from a trophy list entirely (perhaps moved to the DLC list) so players can still unlock the platinum for the game.

This sort of situation is exactly why I despise online trophies. And as somebody who came to the gaming scene very late (2017-2018) almost every game I play has been out for years by the time I pick it up. It’s always disheartening to discover another game that I cannot possibly hope to platinum simply because I wasn’t around when it was released and the servers were at their peak.

Edited by dieselmanchild
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/10/2019 at 7:34 PM, dieselmanchild said:

some kind of solution from the developers and/or Sony where an unobtainable trophy like Big Leagues is removed from a trophy list entirely (perhaps moved to the DLC list) so players can still unlock the platinum for the game.

Hmm, Hyperballoid tried something like that, it just fucked up the trophyset for the game, while making it impossible to 100%, since the DLC trophy was removed. Dunno if devs could remove trophies from a base game list. Don't think it's possible without getting a completely new content id for the game. Remember the Life is Strange: Before the Storm had a dlc as one of the base game trophies. The devs rectified it by simply changing the trophy description, rather than outright remove the trophy. 

I don't believe it's possible to change the amount of trophies in a base set, but is possible to change DLC amount (as seen with one of the Last Night games which had two dlcs merged into one). Now then, the devs  could easily change the trophy requirements to something else, and that would fix the issue easily, but it might be more difficult to get PS3 trophysets modified than PS4, since they would have to be approved and signed by Sony, not the devs themselves. 

On 11/10/2019 at 11:20 PM, Kal2210 said:

Whitelisting a single unobtainable trophy in a major series that took no skill and like an hour to complete seems like a no-brainer to me.

tbf it kinds is whitelisted on here. Notice how many users have the trophy earned and haven't been removed. I think, like the one trophy from GTA V, mods on here largely ignore it, as long as the user isn't outright cheating other games. 

• Like 2

This trophy died out like what almost 4 years ago? While I get the sentiments of players being angry they are flagged for a single trophy. A single flag isn't going to ruin your whole trophy list and there is other games you can play.

S

Sowhat you can't get a plat without it or the whole 100%. Alot of us have imperfect lists, hell I gave up on evolve after finding out the only easiest trophy I never did when starting the game required the server. Did I send an email to EA looking for a workaround? Yeah. Was I upset that I wouldn't be able to play it? Yeah. But in the end I moved on I didn't start some movement on the topic because 1 I realize the game was old and it's my fault for letting it sit there in my play it later pile or two I intentionally bought a game well past its shelf life realizing already by common sense yeah maybe the online or not all features are working anymore.

Also no offense but anyone who is "a new player" if you time and access to the internet to come on here and complain about the state of a several year old game, you also have the ability to look up your self what state it's in before playing it.

Sucks for me, I have to hide this game because some hacker popped all the trophies (except a few so I didn't even get the plat) when I was just playing for fun one day. Now I don't even feel like playing for other trophies. It's the only game hidden on my profile. Maybe is personal for me but for that reason I say block it. It's not a legit trophy the only way to get it is hacking. I don't know how this can even be argued. 

Edited by THE-73est

10 minutes ago, THE-73est said:

Sucks for me, I have to hide this game because some hacker popped all the trophies (except a few so I didn't even get the plat) when I was just playing for fun one day. Now I don't even feel like playing for other trophies. It's the only game hidden on my profile. Maybe is personal for me but for that reason I say block it. It's not a legit trophy the only way to get it is hacking. I don't know how this can even be argued. 

This seems *HIGHLY* unlikely. I've met a bunch of hackers, they pop messages up on the screen, start custom modes, become invincible, invisible, etc. Why would someone with mod tools pop trophies for anyone? What benefit do they get from that? Seems like you paid someone to pop them for you.

3 minutes ago, OmegaRejectz said:

This seems *HIGHLY* unlikely. I've met a bunch of hackers, they pop messages up on the screen, start custom modes, become invincible, invisible, etc. Why would someone with mod tools pop trophies for anyone? What benefit do they get from that? Seems like you paid someone to pop them for you.

Nope, it was like 3-4 years ago, and I actually didn't run into hackers for like the first 3 weeks, I didn't even know there were hackers at the time let alone with the ability to pop trophies in the game because this was the first time I even saw a hacked lobby. As far as I know, everyone in the lobby got their trophies popped for no reason. I remember it was just a game I got match made in on and on Nuketown. Back then the game still had 50k people online.

Also if I was paying someone to pop a trophy why would I get them to pop them all at once flagging me? Trust me I'm not a cheater, I'm not a completionist like that, that needs %100 on everything, take a look at my list, lots of unfinished games. I even have really hard and rare trophies which proves I'm mostly in it for gameplay and challenge. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OmegaRejectz said:

Hacked lobbies aren't something new especially to call of duty games (though on console there definitely not as abundant as on PC)

but I think with this it's not that the hackers are intentionally trying to get everyone in the lobby the trophies unlocked it's just probably something that happens due to the way they are making the hack happen. I don't know how it's done but with it affecting every player in a lobby reminds me of packet injections when people wanted to lag out or even DDoS players in a lobby. Basically doesn't matter who started it but everyone connected in that same lobby will all get the outcome, as their flooding the lobby/server directly with what they want.

In a larger case a mobile game I play final fantasy brave exvius has a serverwide hack injection happen before. Hackers injected 5000 of paid gems (about $35-$50 in most currencies) to all global users accounts. The game devs were nice enough to let all players keep the currency but something like that was definitely unheard of at the time on that scale but not impossible for someone to do.

• 5 weeks later...

I just got hacked in a lobby, that stupid hacker unlocked a few trophies for me (which shouldn't even be possible in the first place).

I shut down my PS3 right after I noticed what was going on, but I now got 2 challenge trophies with the same time stamp, as well as a few others plus Big Leagues too. Only 1 zomib etrophy, because I shut it down right then.

I now had to hide the whole game (which I did), which is ridiculous. It's not my fault that the developers + Sony do not care and that the developers even built a feature into the game where you can unlock trophies for other players, worse yet every single one of them, even single player ones.

This really sucks in all sorts of ways.

And to get all BO2 trophies except Big League, you NEED to play multiplayer until rank 55, which means it's highly likely that you will encounter some idiot like me.

I can't delete my profile, because I would have lost tons of copy protected saves, thanks to another stupid Sony decision of allowing this in the first place.

What would make sense is to simply accept that CoD lobbies get hacked and ignore trophies with the same time stamp including Big League. That would mean that at least I wouldn't have to hide the full game now. Yes, some actual cheaters may go through that way, but this simply is not a definitive indicator of someone cheating and instead simply an indicator of someone getting hacked. I mean if I would have unlocked these, I would not have stopped at that zombie trophy.

On 1/19/2020 at 10:28 PM, OmegaRejectz said:

Yes, that must be it.

We paid someone so that that someone unlocks trophies for me, and stops after the 1st Zombie trophy. And that's why I now also made my BO2 trophies invisible.

(this is sarcasm obviously)

Why would someone do this? Maybe to f*** people over. I already read about this before and I even somewhat expected it to happen to me. If I wouldn't know about this and would have sync'd my profile, I would be flagged as cheater. Maybe to also ruin the fun for trophy hunters, idk.

I will not play BO1 multiplayer except for boost parties now. I don't want that some idiot ruins my BO1 trophy list as well.

For me there were no messages, not even an obviousl invisible/invulnerable cheater. Trophies simply started unlocking. For the first I thought maybe I got the 10th match win, when the second and third unlocked I knew something was wrong and I shut down the PS3 immediately. Sadly 5 or so were unlocked.

On 10/29/2019 at 9:39 AM, B1rvine said:

If you don't sync your trophies after a modder unlocks them (by deleting your profile on your console, and then readding it) all of the illegitimate trophies are erased. As of right now, this thread is just a petition, nothing else. There's really not a good solution for dealing with cheaters on this game, people will be unhappy either way.

Yes, but I own around 150 games or even more than that.

Even if I had PS+ (I don't), there wouldn't be enough space for backup all my copy protected saved games, which means my 2 options would have been:

- lose my copy protected saved games

- backup the whole PS3, reset everything, restore everything, reinstall all games, redownload the digital games (maybe 100-200 GB or even more)

I did the last step already a few weeks ago and it took me around a week total because of harddrive upgrade, and I had to do it twice, because my PS3 hard locked while downloading once and the harddrive contents got mangled up and I got into an endless verify harddrive reset loop.

Plus I also checked my trophies first, because I wasn't even sure what was unlocked, it was at the end of the match. That sync'd the trophies already, at least hiding them afterwards and sync'ing a second time worked fine. Still it simply sucks. Unlocking trophies remotely should not be possible and Sony could have simply forced the developers to remove that "feature" via patch. It's even more ridiculous that this feature is available in all sorts of CoD games (if I remember correctly). Why are the devs not blocked from adding that to their games? Sony forces developers to put trophies into their games, even when the devs don't want, but at the same time they don't care when they a) don't work/don't unlock, b ) something like this is done. It's simply absolutely ridiculous.

On 11/7/2019 at 11:54 PM, SeedersPhD said:

Whitelisting Big Leagues starts a slippery slope of whitelisting easy but glitched/impossible trophies so I think we should keep it flaggable. Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational is impossible because of one online trophy, so should we whitelist that? How about Toy Soldiers War Chest, that has one impossible trophy so should we force players to screenshot their progress and whitelist that? Army of Two: The 40th Day no longer has the mask editor so that platinum is impossible, should we whitelist that?

I can already see the threads now. "So since Big Leagues is whitelisted, how about DIY PMC/ Daily Participant/ etc.?"

If these trophies are unlockable by OTHER online players, then yes, which I doubt. I doubt that so many developers are AS incompetent as Treyarch is.

It's one thing when it has to have been you who unlocked them/hacked them, these cases should get flagged of course. It's another thing when the game is so broken and is not fixed by the original developer, especially when it's a multi-million best selling games franchise that is so broken that other people can unlock trophies for your game, even including single player trophies, which makes zero sense. Some developer had to put that feature into the game, otherwise it wouldn't be possible. Why is trophy unlocking not done 100% client-side, so that any hacks are obviously the player's fault and thus should get flagged without second thought.

Still in general I would even say all multiplayer trophies should not even get counted, just my opinion. Almost none of my multiplayer trophies required any skill. There were just grinding.

There were 1 or 2 that actually required skill, like the coop Binary Domain ones, plus in fact some Black Ops Zombie ones. But that's it. In fact such grinding multiplayer trophies should not be included at all, but again that's my opinion.

On 7/22/2019 at 8:33 AM, TheYuriG said:

• You are playing a game with broken online resources, either knowing or not doing previous research. It's your fault both ways.
  • You are playing a questionable game on your main account while caring for leaderboards that do not allow those questionable things.
  • You are not deleting the trophies that you did not rightfully achieve, despite knowing you got hacked.

I would say every heat you get is well deserved. If you don't want hacked trophies, simply don't play with hackers? No one is invading your account.

I fully disagree.

It's not my fault for playing CoD multiplayer, especially when that's REQUIRED for getting BO2 trophies, in BO2 even up to prestige, which takes quite a bit of time. The alternative would be to play using boost lobbies only, which I think you can get banned for by Treyarch (the irony!).

And if I could DELETE these trophies, I would. I already played quite a bit of Single Player to beat the challenges. I can't delete these trophies, thanks to Sony's incompetence,

I can only hide the whole game, which I did, which is silly, because I'm now hiding trophies that I actually earned. And that's even lucky, because originally you could not hide games in the trophy list. Let's go back in time when you weren't able to hide them. So now because of some stupid hacker, I would have lost my whole trophy profile with no way to escape that fate thanks to Sony's incompetence and Treyarch's incompetence. But somehow it's my fault for playing their broken buggy game on a broken and buggy Sony console? Now that is ridiculous.

I mean what is the proper way of getting BO2 trophies?

Only playing in lobbies that are fully filled with trusted players? There is no other way of getting around that.

Or well maybe backing up the PS3 every day, then playing BO2 multiplayer for a few hours and when you get hacked, restoring the whole system? Yeah, that sounds fun and the responsible way.

Or is it not playing Black Ops 2  / no Call of Duty at all for trophy hunting? That must be it, I guess.

The proper way would have been Sony forcing Treyarch to patch this nonsense out of the game. But just like with Sony's region free incompetency, they did nothing at all, because Sony doesn't care at all. It's even surprising that hackers can't also unlock trophies of other games using these cheat menus. Now that would be fun, wouldn't it? Hackers would be able to unlock all trophies of all games and thus ruin all PSN profiles. And even then, Sony wouldn't care.

Thank god that Sony/Treyarch are not making medical software for clinical environments.

Edited by OldJimiDini
  • Like 1

Man this thread has turned into a shit show.

Do you guys actually think they’ll come back to this game? It’d make them no money, they don’t still sell the game physically, every physical copy in the wild is pre owned. 
It took them a year to fix the Gorod Krovi Easter Egg glitch in BO3. Which came out in 2015. (The DLC came out in June I believe) 

Not only that but don’t sync your damn trophies if you know a game is hacked to death. I could understand playing a PS4 game and being thrown into a hacked lobby, I’d be shocked. But you literally get trophy notifications. As long as you don’t sync you’re fine. 
Next I’m gonna be told that someone I recently got a friends request for who mysteriously got all their trophies popped for BO2 each within <30s of each other. 

On 2020-02-18 at 5:38 PM, OldJimiDini said:

I fully disagree.

It's not my fault for playing CoD multiplayer, especially when that's REQUIRED for getting BO2 trophies, in BO2 even up to prestige, which takes quite a bit of time. The alternative would be to play using boost lobbies only, which I think you can get banned for by Treyarch (the irony!).

And if I could DELETE these trophies, I would. I already played quite a bit of Single Player to beat the challenges. I can't delete these trophies, thanks to Sony's incompetence,

I can only hide the whole game, which I did, which is silly, because I'm now hiding trophies that I actually earned. And that's even lucky, because originally you could not hide games in the trophy list. Let's go back in time when you weren't able to hide them. So now because of some stupid hacker, I would have lost my whole trophy profile with no way to escape that fate thanks to Sony's incompetence and Treyarch's incompetence. But somehow it's my fault for playing their broken buggy game on a broken and buggy Sony console? Now that is ridiculous.

I mean what is the proper way of getting BO2 trophies?

Only playing in lobbies that are fully filled with trusted players? There is no other way of getting around that.

Or well maybe backing up the PS3 every day, then playing BO2 multiplayer for a few hours and when you get hacked, restoring the whole system? Yeah, that sounds fun and the responsible way.

Or is it not playing Black Ops 2  / no Call of Duty at all for trophy hunting? That must be it, I guess.

The proper way would have been Sony forcing Treyarch to patch this nonsense out of the game. But just like with Sony's region free incompetency, they did nothing at all, because Sony doesn't care at all. It's even surprising that hackers can't also unlock trophies of other games using these cheat menus. Now that would be fun, wouldn't it? Hackers would be able to unlock all trophies of all games and thus ruin all PSN profiles. And even then, Sony wouldn't care.

Thank god that Sony/Treyarch are not making medical software for clinical environments.

Well... yeah. It really is as simple as that, don’t play a game you know has hackers (because Y’know it’s a decade old console). Plus, you don’t have to quarantine the entire COD series.

WAW had a few co op trophies, nobody would go out of their way to pop trophies.

MW2 had no online trophies.

BO1 had a few, and yet next to no hackers.

MW3 had no online trophies.

BO2 has hackers; surprise surprise it’s a last gen game, who would’ve thunk it’d have hackers.

Ghosts had minimal online trophies.

And hackers are next to none for all the “current gen games”

I could’ve mentioned AW & BO3 on PS3, but those games are complete jokes, and I don’t believe AW has any online trophies.

4 hours ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

Huh, didn't know MW2/MW3 don't have online trophies. Will have to give them a try one day.

You could get MW2 and MW3 trophies offline but some of the missions need coop to play them. I do not think server being shutdown is an issue since you are the host and it is peer to peer in both games on the plus size. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, OmegaRejectz said:

Man this thread has turned into a shit show.

Do you guys actually think they’ll come back to this game? It’d make them no money, they don’t still sell the game physically, every physical copy in the wild is pre owned. 
It took them a year to fix the Gorod Krovi Easter Egg glitch in BO3. Which came out in 2015. (The DLC came out in June I believe) 

Not only that but don’t sync your damn trophies if you know a game is hacked to death. I could understand playing a PS4 game and being thrown into a hacked lobby, I’d be shocked. But you literally get trophy notifications. As long as you don’t sync you’re fine. 
Next I’m gonna be told that someone I recently got a friends request for who mysteriously got all their trophies popped for BO2 each within <30s of each other. 

Well... yeah. It really is as simple as that, don’t play a game you know has hackers (because Y’know it’s a decade old console). Plus, you don’t have to quarantine the entire COD series.

WAW had a few co op trophies, nobody would go out of their way to pop trophies.

MW2 had no online trophies.

BO1 had a few, and yet next to no hackers.

MW3 had no online trophies.

BO2 has hackers; surprise surprise it’s a last gen game, who would’ve thunk it’d have hackers.

Ghosts had minimal online trophies.

And hackers are next to none for all the “current gen games”

I could’ve mentioned AW & BO3 on PS3, but those games are complete jokes, and I don’t believe AW has any online trophies.

They still do for xbox at least, I see physical copies of them all the time in major retail stores, with the combo xbox 360/xbox one packaging

22 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

They still do for xbox at least, I see physical copies of them all the time in major retail stores, with the combo xbox 360/xbox one packaging

Yeah there's currently a modern warfare combo pack with all three games.

On 2020/2/20 at 8:44 AM, majob said:

Yeah there's currently a modern warfare combo pack with all three games.

Not to mention, I also see Black Ops combo pack too (BO1 through BO3).

22 hours ago, OmegaRejectz said:

What store if I may ask? Every store I go to I can't find a single COD, except for the newest release.

Best Buy and Walmart for pretty much any CoD for last-gen in the United States.

• 2 weeks later...

If your going to let one person off without a flag then you should do the same for everyone unless there's evidence they did it on purpose.

That's my view at least, I support a whitelist for this game because it seems most people effected are completely innocent but are just told.

"Just hide it, case closed , close the thread" 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

If this trophy is unobtainable since December 2015, how come there's 50 people who got it in the past 2 years? Why they haven't been removed from the PSNProfiles Leaderboards?

EDIT: Looks like they finally started banning those people day or two ago.

EDIT #2: Nvm, it went back to sh*t again.

Edited by Dark Prince

As someone who was obtained the trophies spending hours on the Easter eggs legit then to be flag for the big leagues trophy because of stupid hackers hurt my perfect profile of trophies however just hide it and forget about it I'm disappointed I can't showcase my trophies of black ops 2 especially the buried one that took the longest. I took a break from trophy hunting but now I'm back ready to climb the leaderboards. Yes I won't have the bo2 plat but I have others just move on and hope one they'll release a remastered version 

• Like 1