Fall/Winter 2019-2020 Backlog Challenge

5 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

It was an oversight. Fixed it. Added. To answer your question, Iceborne counts as a separate game since it has its own list.

Thank youuu!

Good luck and have fun everyone! If you need me, I'll be hunting monsters (poorly) over the next several weeks.

Edit: Oh no, I just realized that Jurassic World Evolution has some obscenely priced DLC. I'll be removing it from my list!

Edited by SupergiantStarr
  • Like 1

On 8/28/2019 at 10:54 PM, RuneEyesDragon said:
  1. Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age (2%)
  2. Kingdom Hearts III (20%)
  3. Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch Remastered (PS4) (0%, will buy later)
  4. Final Fantasy VIII Remastered (0%, will buy later)
  5. Secret of Mana (2%)
  6. Ratchet and Clank (unstarted)
  7. Castlevania Requiem (unstarted)
  8. LEGO Jurassic World (PS4, will buy later)
  9. Dark Cloud (will buy later)
  10. Devious Dungeon 2 (Vita)
  11. Enigmatis: Ghosts of Maple Creek (will buy later)
  12. Enigmatis 2: The Mists of Ravenwood (will buy later)
  13. Enigmatis 3: Shadows of Karkhala (will buy later)
  14. Dark Arcana: The Carnival (will buy later)
  15. Abyss: The Wraiths of Eden (will buy later)
  16. Lost Grimoires 2: Shard of Mystery (will buy later)
  17. Buff Knight Advanced (22%)
  18. LEGO Batman 3 (Vita, will buy later)
  19. LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 (Vita, 12%)
  20. LEGO Jurassic World (Vita, will buy later)
  21. Daggerhood (Vita, unstarted)
  22. Legend of the Skyfish (unstarted)
  23. Pic-a-Pix Classic (Vita, 1%)
  24. The Deadly Tower of Monsters (will buy later)
  25. Lara Croft Go (will buy for the PS4 later)

A few final tweaks before the event starts:

(1) I decided to swap out Oceanhorn for Final Fantasy VIII remastered since someone said you could use games that aren't out yet if they get released before the end date. Not like anyone has the time to go from 0%=>100% in ten minutes but I decided to just try out FFVIII because the trophy list looks like things I could fit in from time to time and FFVIII was my favorite of the original PSX Final Fantasies. :) Also, since it comes out on the day my money comes in, I will be able to purchase it without a problem. The new features might make the playthrough less painful though it doesn't seem to have a trophy for completing the game. Don't judge me, I only skimmed the revealed list so when it comes out on PSNProfiles I'll do a better scan of it. Also, because of the ruling, I decided to drop Disgaea 5 for the new Ni no Kuni remaster coming in September. Yes, it is probably an excuse to toss my PS3 again, but I do plan to try to platinum R&C Into the Nexus at least. Since most of the other games for PS3 are streamable on PS Now, the only games that you need a physical PS3 for are games which are bug-laden and glitchy or I'd be ashamed to play. So yeah, the PS3's future is not looking bright. :(

(2) I swapped out Reverie for Devious Dungeon 2 for Vita. As I said before, I am moving Reverie for PS4 onto my ABC checklist for iXanon's event so I can leave it until 2020 because I just got the Vita version platinum and don't feel like doing that game again for a few months.

(3) Also altered my Pic-A-Pix total as I needed something to do while feeding my sister's dogs so I earned one trophy on that game. Luckily I can get through this as soon as the event starts with a guide and a sticky finger. ^_^

So that should be the final list. If I miss any, I can add them when I finish this list. Most of the games can be knocked out in a week allowing me to focus on the four big games at the top.

Edited by RuneEyesDragon

I would like to sign up if I'm not too late?  It might help me get back into the swing of trophy hunting and help me break away from my latest Ark addiction.  Will keep my list fairly low for now and then add more if I feel up to it.

1.  Final Fantasy VIII

2.  Graveyard Keeper

3.  Yomawari: Midnight Shadows

4.  The Sims 4

5.  Revenant Saga (5%)

6.  Final Fantasy X (13%)

7.  Final Fantasy VII

8.  Detroit: Become Human

9.  Trine: Enchanted Edition (8%)

10.  Dungeon Travelers 2

11.  What Remains of Edith Finch

Imagine I'll come to regret a couple of those choices later on.

Edited by Mesopithecus
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SupergiantStarr said:

Edit: Oh no, I just realized that Jurassic World Evolution has some obscenely priced DLC. I'll be removing it from my list!

Thankfully none of my games have any DLC. Yes, Kingdom Hearts III will probably get DLC later, but I don't see any sign of the DLC having trophies attached to it. Also, the only LEGO game I have for PS4 has no DLC that counts.

On 8/2/2019 at 11:47 AM, OJ9999vr said:

@MidnightDragon Really late but i'll put together a quick list for now:

Tom Clancy's Ghost recon: Wildlands 11%

The Crew 2

LEGO The Hobbit (Vita)

LEGO Lord of the rings (Vita)

Ni No Kuni 2

Dangerous Driving

Would have added my upcoming 250th plat, but i'm unsure of what to do.

Also recently started The Golf club 2, but it's at a too high % to add it. It'll be my priority forwards, hence the small list.

Should add more when i know more about these

Added

On 8/27/2019 at 7:47 PM, MadMardigan_88 said:

Finally decided to join.  Want to see how much I will be able to complete during this challenge.  I should be able to complete them in time as long as my job doesn't go crazy with overtime.  So here is the list in no certain order.

A Plague Tale: Innocence                              0%            0/36            PS4

Sleeping Dogs                                               7%            7/60            PS4

Hunting Simulator                                        16%            8/31            PS4

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim                           7%            7/76            PS4

Assassin's Creed Odyssey                          15%          18/94            PS4

LEGO Jurassic World                                  28%          19/50            PS4

Detroit: Become Human                              11%            8/49            PS4

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter                      0%            0/14            PS4

Assassin's Creed Syndicate                          7%           6/57            PS4

Medal Of Honor Frontline                            17%          12/46           PS3

LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars          12%           8/49            PS3

Flower                                                          33%           7/14            PS3

Beyond Good & Evil HD                                4%           1/12            PS3

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West                    6%            5/59           PS3

Hyperdimension Neptunia PP                     35%          21/39           Vita

If I finish all of these to 100% that will be 559 trophies completed.  That will only be a small dent in the amount of unearned trophies that I have.

There are others I would like to add but this will be enough for now.  Getting 100% on Skyrim and AC Odyssey will be a big enough challenge.  My first game though will be A Plague Tale: Innocence.  I'm really interested in that one.

I posted this earlier this week.  Might not have been noticed.  I would still like to join in on the challenge.  Thanks.

I guess better late then never ? after skipping the last two challenges due to moving from Europe to Manila, I'm back for some trophy hunting!

PS4:

Abzû  - 0%

Aragami - 0%

Battlefield 1 - 19%

Borderlands - 30%

Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition - 0%

Judgment - 0%

The Crew 2 - 0%

Side-Quest:

Metro 2033 Redux - 75%

Star Wars Battlefront II - 88%

2 hours ago, MadMardigan_88 said:

I posted this earlier this week.  Might not have been noticed.  I would still like to join in on the challenge.  Thanks.

I could've sworn I added you. Sorry. Added now.

2 hours ago, Valinor90 said:

I guess better late then never 1f601.png after skipping the last two challenges due to moving from Europe to Manila, I'm back for some trophy hunting!

PS4:

Abzû  - 0%

Aragami - 0%

Battlefield 1 - 19%

Borderlands - 30%

Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition - 0%

Judgment - 0%

The Crew 2 - 0%

Side-Quest:

Metro 2033 Redux - 75%

Star Wars Battlefront II - 88%

Added.

3 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

I would like to sign up if I'm not too late?  It might help me get back into the swing of trophy hunting and help me break away from my latest Ark addiction.  Will keep my list fairly low for now and then add more if I feel up to it.

1.  Final Fantasy VIII

2.  Graveyard Keeper

4.  The Sims 4

5.  Revenant Saga (5%)

7.  Final Fantasy VII

10.  Dungeon Travelers 2

And nope, added. Nice to see you again.

It's September 1 by my clock. Have fun, everyone!

Edited by MidnightDragon

A quick replacement to my list before the event starts:

Brave: 0%
Chroma Squad: 0%
Darksiders II: Deathinitive Edition: 0%
Degrees of Separation: 0%
Detroit: Become Human: 0%
Fear Effect Sedna: 0% 
Iconoclasts: 0%
Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep (PS3): 0%

Minecraft: Story Mode (PS4) 0%
Murdered: Soul Suspect (PS4): 0%
Okage: Shadow King: 0%
Outlast 2: 0%
The Witness: 0%

If you could please add my name to the list.

Edited by ZachGM91

23 minutes ago, ZachGM91 said:

A quick replacement to my list before the event starts:

Brave: 0%
Chroma Squad: 0%
Darksiders II: Deathinitive Edition: 0%
Degrees of Separation: 0%
Detroit: Become Human: 0%
Fear Effect Sedna: 0% 
Iconoclasts: 0%
Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep (PS3): 0%
Murdered: Soul Suspect (PS4): 0%
Okage: Shadow King: 0%
Outlast 2: 0%
The Witness: 0%

If you could please add my name to the list.

Done.

Sorry for all the misses!

Edited by MidnightDragon
  • Like 1

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand we're off! Hobbling out of the gate. ? Sorry guys, I was going to do two games right away, but last night was dreadful - I was sore all over and vomiting randomly, so I didn't feel like sleeping or playing anything. So I only got one game so far.

5. Secret of Mana (2%)
  10. Devious Dungeon 2 (Vita) (0% -> 31%)
  18. LEGO Batman 3 (Vita, will buy later)
  20. LEGO Jurassic World (Vita, will buy later)
  21. Daggerhood (Vita) (0% -> 100% :platinum:)
  22. Legend of the Skyfish (unstarted)
  25. Lara Croft GO (0% -> 40%)

Daggerhood is the easiest on the list but that didn't mean it was quick. Luckily I found out that you don't have to clear every goal in one run so I did one run of each level for each goal - time rank, getting the fairy and getting the treasures. I stopped the last two after popping all of the trophies for them. The last level I needed wa a nightmare because you have to grab pickaxes to break blocks with your dagger. All in all, though, I didn't hate the game. Just glad it's off my backlog now. :)

Probably going for Lara Croft GO or Pic-a-Pix Classic. I can probably sit down and look up a guide to get all of the 200 puzzles done... *cries*

EDIT: Got started on Lara Croft GO but couldn't finish it as my parents are coming, so I won't be able to finish it until I get home. But I did get the first three parts completed 100%. Also started Donut County, but that's not on the list. Sorry, just got interested after seeing someone speedrun it so there goes another $13, I have to be careful not to overspend - I do have food until the 3rd but I might need to get some kitty litter. :( Also got started on Devious Dungeon 2, just beat the first boss. Only died once so far. :)

Edited by RuneEyesDragon
  • Like 1

I'm 10 mins away from getting started on the challenge (as soon as Control finishes downloading). Good luck everyone! And big thanks to @MidnightDragon for not only putting it all together, but also putting time and effort into curating everyone's requests & changes, as well as monitoring this long thread and rule adherence.

• Like 3

At start (no lineup change)...

• Bound By Flame [PS3] - 0%
  • Eat Them! [PS3] - 0%
  • God of War: Ghost of Sparta [PS3] - 0%
  • Heavy Rain [PS4] - 0% => 17%
  • Mad Max [PS4] - 0%
  • Actual Sunlight [Vita] - 0%
  • Driveclub Bikes [PS4] - 18%
  • How to Survive 2 [PS4] - 0%
  • Wanted Corp [Vita] - 0%
  • Dragonball Xenoverse 2 [PS4] - 0%
  • Skylanders Giants [PS3] - 0%

Played a little bit of Heavy Rain before. I really like how it's focusing on the story so far. Controls are a bit wonky and still getting used to the walking but I made a vid of some funny moments at the beginning of the game.

Currently playing F1 2019 (not on the list), really pissed at ranked races and the fact that a stupid trophy was tied to it. Got wrecked by others in 3 races undoing my work I did in 2 days. So now I'm just powering thru the Career mode, then gonna do unranked races online (where skill rating doesn't matter) for one last trophy before putting this game away forever. After that back to Heavy Rain and maybe one other game on my list too. I'll prolly do updates once a week.

Edited by DizzyDavidson
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Rolphiie said:

Hiya! My backlog has been creeping up on me for the past year, so signing up for this seems like a good opportunity to clean it up a bit. 1f603.png

Here's my list:

1. Yakuza 0 (22%)

2. Yakuza Kiwami (0%)

3. Catherine: Full Body (0%)

3. Uncharted: Drakes Fortune Remastered (24%)

4. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Remastered (0%)

5. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception Remastered (0%)

6. Crash Bandicoot: Warped (0%)

7. Bloodborne (3%)

8. Hollow Knight (0%)

9. The Witness (2%)

10. Final Fantasy X HD (4%)

Added

So I’ve decided to start with Hunting Simulator. I know its kind of wrong, but I’m having so much fun hunting all these animals.

It’s definitely different compared to most shooters I’ve played. Trophy wise this game is not too bad. It has 12 areas with 117 missions divided over them. I’ve unlocked 9 out of the 12 areas so far. I would love to keep playing this but I’m counting the trophies so that TLOU platinum will be my 10000th trophy. I made some good progress though. Tomorrow I will try and finish the missions for 4 more areas, get 1 trophy in a random game and switch to TLOU. Here’s my progress after 1 day.

• Silent Hill 2 - 0% (0/28) (ps3)
  • Fallout 3 - 2% (3/73) (PS3)
  • Metro: Last Light - 4% (4/71)(PS3)
  • God of War Ascension - 4% (3/36) (PS3)
  • The Last of Us - 32% (18/50) (PS3)
  • God of War - 0% (0/37) (PS4)
  • Plague Inc. Evolved - 0% (0/55) (PS4)
  • Hunting Simulator - 1% => 37% (18/31) (PS4)
  • Until Dawn - 14% (4/19) (PS4)
  • Shadow of the Tomb Raider - 15% (23/100) (PS4)
  • Rocksmith 2014 - 22% (15/48) (PS4)

If I do finish the campaign for Hunting Simulator, there should be only 2 trophies left. Looks like I’m off to a good start! 

Good luck everyone!

Edited by neospoon
  • Like 1

So the first day is done.

(PS4) Marvel’s Spider-Man - 0%

(PS3) Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - 0%

(PS4/VR) Astro Bot: Rescue Mission - 0%

(PS4/VR) Red Matter - 0%

(PS4) Bridge Constructor Portal - 0%

(PS4) Uncharted: Lost Legacy - 0%  >>  12%

(PS4) The Sims 4 - 0%

(PS4) Destroy All Humans - 0%

(PS4) Destroy All Humans 2 - 0%

(PS4) Oxenfree - 0%

(PS4) The First Tree - 0%  >>  28%

I decided to start with Uncharted: Lost Legacy since although I've been a fan of the series for quite some time now, I'd never actually played this one. I'm near the end of Chapter 4, and I have to say, it's a really enjoyable game. Took a break from that, and put in a first play-through of The First Tree. Really, really good game. Both the art style and the story are great, and I'd definitely recommend it to anyone who doesn't mind a walking simulator.

First Update...

First full day of the event is done. I managed to get two games crossed off the list. I went a bit of a different route than I originally had planned. Ended up playing through Psycho Pass first. I would have been done quicker if it weren't for that stupid mini game they force you to play to get money to buy pictures and sounds. Then I played Through the Woods and completed that. Was an ok walking sim with some character death available. I thought it was broken early on. An enemy kept showing up on the path I needed to take and I couldn't find a way around. Eventually after a few deaths, it wasn't there anymore. Anyway, good first day. List is below...

Spoiler

Game

Sys.

Start %

Current %

Comp. Date

Wheel of Fortune 2009 Edition

PS3

33%

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs

PS3

32%

Dead Island Riptide

PS3

31%

Bentley's Hackpack

PS3

28%

Squareboy Vs. Bullies NA

PSV

28%

The Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim

PS4

25%

Beyond : Two Souls

PS3

24%

Eat Lead

PS3

17%

Saints Row The Third

PS3

15%

Far Cry Blood Dragon

PS3

15%

South Park : The Stick of Truth

PS3

12%

Assassin's Creed III Liberation

PSV

12%

Sleeping Dogs

PS3

8%

LEGO The Hobbit

PS4

8%

Far Cry 3

PS3

7%

Middle Earth : Shadow of Mordor GOTY

PS4

6%

The Grand Tour Game

PS4

6%

LEGO Batman 2 : DC Super Heroes

PS3

4%

LEGO The Lord of the Rings

PS3

2%

LEGO Batman 3 : Beyond Gotham

PS4

1%

Borderlands 3

PS4

0%

The Outer Worlds

PS4

0%

Xblaze : Lost Memories

PS3

0%

Xblaze : Code Embryo NA

PS3

0%

Persona 3 : Dancing in Moonlight

PSV

0%

Persona 5 : Dancing in Starlight

PSV

0%

Bibi & Tina Adventures with Horses NA

PS4

0%

Black Mirror

PS4

0%

Bridge Constructor

PS4

0%

Chaos on Deponia

PS4

0%

Dark Arcana : The Carnival

PS4

0%

Day of the Tentacle Remastered

PS4

0%

Erica

PS4

0%

Everybody's Gone to Rapture

PS4

0%

Fe

PS4

0%

Full Throttle Remastered

PS4

0%

Knee Deep

PS4

0%

Oxenfree

PS4

0%

Psycho-Pass Mandatory Happiness

PS4

0%

100%

Sept. 2

Reverie NA

PS4

0%

Seasons After Fall

PS4

0%

The Liar and the Blind Prince NA

PS4

0%

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter

PS4

0%

The Wardrobe

PS4

0%

Through the Woods NA

PS4

0%

100%

Sept. 2

Vane

PS4

0%

Wailing Heights

PS4

0%

Waking Violet

PS4

0%

What Remains of Edith Finch NA

PS4

0%

Whispering Willows

PS4

0%

• Like 1

5. Secret of Mana (2%)
  10. Devious Dungeon 2 (Vita) (31%)
  18. LEGO Batman 3 (Vita) (0%)
  20. LEGO Jurassic World (Vita) (0%)
  21. Daggerhood (Vita) (100% :platinum:) [9/1]
  22. Legend of the Skyfish (PS4) (0%)
  25. Lara Croft GO (40% -> 100% :platinum:) [9/2]

I wouldn't say it was in the first day since I got this platinum a bit after midnight, but I platinumed Lara Croft GO. So that's EZPZ #2 done. The sooner I get these games done, the better. I should do a long RPG for Platinum #65...

NAH. :P

Edited by RuneEyesDragon
  • Like 1

It's like the blackboard scene from The Simpsons.. ?

I will work on my backlog, I will work on my backlog, I will work on my backlog, I will work on my backlog, I will work on my backlog, I will work on my backlog, I will work on my backlog, I will work on my backlog, I will work on my backlog, I will work on my backlog, I will work on my backlog, I will work on my backlog, I will work on my backlog, I will work on my backlog, I will work on my backlog, I will work on my backlog, I will work on my backlog, I will work on my backlog, I will work on my backlog, I will work on my backlog, I will work on my backlog

• Like 3

On 30/08/2019 at 5:48 AM, MidnightDragon said:

You have to have 35% total completion or less, so you have to swap out The Witcher 3 with something else.

You'll have to swap it or, if you already have at least five, drop it.

I'm gonna just keep things the way they are. Sorry it took a while to respond. Had a lot going on.

Sorry,

So, 

Robinson: The Journey - 0%
Detroit: Become Human - 0%
Far Cry Primal - 0%
Gravity Rush Remastered - 0%

Alien: Isolation - 8%
  • Like 1

First update...

PS3

Ratchet and clank (15% ➡️ 31%)

Ratchet and clank: going commando (8%)

Ratchet and clank: up your arsenal (3%)

Ratchet and clank: A crack in time (0%)

Shadow of the colossus (6%)

PS4

Dishonored Definitive Edition (1%) 

Prey (2%)

Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back (3%)

Tacoma (3%) 

Rime (5%)

Far Cry Primal (8%) 

Horizon Zero Dawn (16%)

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception Remastered (18%)

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (0%) 

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (23%)

Rise of the Tomb Raider (34%)

Iconoclasts (35%)

The Last Guardian (0%)

Firewatch (0%)

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons (0%)

Infamous: Second Son (0%)

Infamous: First Light (0%)

Made some decent progress on R&C so far. The nostalgia is strong in this one, I've played the hell out of this franchise back as a kid so it's really a blast to go through it again after all this time. Just doing a casual first playthrough right now while trying to pick up every gold bolt and skill point that I remember along the way but I'll leave the ones I forgot for later playthroughs to provide myself at least some sort of distraction during the mindless bolt grinding which lies ahead of me. I underestimated the amount of time that's actually required in order to obtain 1 000 000 bolts in this game, especially compared to the other entries of the franchise. Weird how the trophy icon displays "100K" though, seems like the trophy was probably meant for obtaining 100 000 bolts instead of 1 mil...oh well just a minor detail of 4 extra playthroughs, no big deal. I do know about the bolt glitch but I kinda prefer not to use it (regretting this already).

I probably would have been able to make much more progress if I hadn't been so sidetracked by Crash Bandicoot lately. It's just such an addictive game. Still pretty bummed about the fact that I locked it out of the challenge for myself but I guess it doesn't really matter since the outcome would be the same: me hopelessly trying to obtain all the relics. Managed to grab 20 out of 27 so far though but the remaining ones include some real gems like the high road, sunset vista, stormy ascent and slippery climb so no real reason to celebrate yet. Really regretting the fact that i've never played these Crash games as a kid. They were kinda before my time since I grew up more with the PS2 titles like Ratchet & Clank, Jak & Daxter and Sly but then again so was Spyro which I did play. Perhaps it's for the best since I can experience everything for the first time right now I guess. Hoping to reach 100% soon so I can refocus on my list!

Good luck everyone!

Edited by Flex_Da_Brent
  • Like 1

Squeezed some play time in at work yesterday ?. My list isn't too crazy and there's plenty of time so I'm in no rush, plus school and dad duties will come first, of course.

Next two days I won't have much time to play, wife is back home from out of state (management program through her job) so it's family time. However, when she heads Tues night back I'll be able to crack open that sweet sweeet FF VIII Remaster.

Game

Sys.

Start %

Current %

Comp. Date

Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon: Every Buddy!

PS4

22%

Final Fantasy VIII Remaster

PS4

0%

Infamous 2

PS3

32%

Infamous First Light

PS4

34%

Spyro 2

PS4

0%

Spyro 3

PS4

0%

The Unfinished Swan

VITA

9%

The Walking Dead

VITA

4%

9%

White Night

PS4

4%

Other notables (NON Backlog challenge because of the percentages) are :

- Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth - just 60ish more medals to go + Master Cup for Plat

- Dungeon Traveler's 2 - 20K monster's trophy (FML) and final boss for Plat

- Marvel's Spider-Man - NG+ & difficulty for 100%

Also, I was heavily debating putting Borderlands 3 on the list since it comes out during the timeframe, but I haven't seen anything about the trophy list, and although main game BL1 trophy list was fine, I haven't done 2 or TPS so I was hesitant to put it on there until I see how feasible it is/ the feel for the game as I'm playing it.

On 8/31/2019 at 9:32 PM, Mesopithecus said:

1.  Final Fantasy VIII

2.  Graveyard Keeper

4.  The Sims 4

5.  Revenant Saga (5%)

7.  Final Fantasy VII

10.  Dungeon Travelers 2

Ah Dungeon Travelers 2! im playing that as well, although it's not on my list due to the percentages complete. Very fun little dungeon crawler, I wish i had my old save file but unfortunately i never uploaded it on the cloud. I'm looking forward to doing VIII remaster as well

And you might regret FF X lol