Concrete Genie Trophy Thoughts

DrakeHellsing

10 hours ago, aZombieDictator said:

Extremely annoyed with it. Needing to have VR to 100% a game is a bit ridiculous. 

First time something like this has happened too that I know of. Every trophy list is either no VR or all VR but now we have a mix.

The first instance that I know of was almost 10 years ago with LittleBigPlanet 2. They came out with the PsMove DLC pack which was only playable with the Move controller. So you couldn't 100% that game with the Move controller. 

This might be the first instance with VR, but not first instance in general. And like I said, that LBP2 instance is the first one that I know of.... there could have been something before that too.

Hate when developers don't put more time and thought into trophies. Al though, i can't blame them. I'm sure trophies/achievements are the last thing on their mind when making their video game.

10 minutes ago, Fish613 said:

This might be the first instance with VR, but not first instance in general. And like I said, that LBP2 instance is the first one that I know of.... there could have been something before that too.

Super Stardust Ultra was the first instance of VR required for DLC trophies, in 2016. Concrete Genie is now the second one.

10 minutes ago, Fish613 said:

Hate when developers don't put more time and thought into trophies. Al though, i can't blame them. I'm sure trophies/achievements are the last thing on their mind when making their video game.

Ratalaika do have trophies first in mind afterall. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It’s their big selling point... and this hurts me.

Edited by MaxieM0us3

15 minutes ago, iGGTheEnd said:

I don't understand how a trophy hunting community doesn't understand that trophies are usually designed to show off the entirety of a game and lists aren't made to cater to trophy hunters.  People should honestly be happy that you can get the plat without VR and they added the VR trophies as DLC.  

When Developers stop making mp trophies part of the platinum but add them as dlc set then I will be totally happy and this will be a better world ?

5 minutes ago, GoldenShaka said:

When Developers stop making mp trophies part of the platinum but add them as dlc set then I will be totally happy and this will be a better world 1f601.png

What would happen if a game is entirely online then, like multiplayer? :P

Edited by MaxieM0us3

You're all complaining about the producers and such, just about not to use easy trophies...But did you even considered/interested that the developer is not aware of a sub-scene like trophy hunters?

You're claiming that it's not right to use VR trophies to g et 100%, but you should know that you're not the main target for such games, but regular playing buyers that got the game due to interests and not by looking up on  misc. trophy guides.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, iGGTheEnd said:

I don't understand how a trophy hunting community doesn't understand that trophies are usually designed to show off the entirety of a game and lists aren't made to cater to trophy hunters.  People should honestly be happy that you can get the plat without VR and they added the VR trophies as DLC.  

It's better than shoehorning it in for the platinum I agree but TBH a more fleshed out standalone VR experience would have been far better. It also makes it bitter to swallow for completionists without VR that their 100% is being spoiled by an (apparently) 30 minute dlc with three measly trophies. 

IMO the main issue is that it's a bit unreasonable to have VR only trophies, even in DLC, on a game where VR is an entirely optional extra. That's the issue. I think most people would have presumed (as did I) that you could get all trophies with or without VR. If Resident Evil 7 did this I could imagine some backlash from the trophy community, ultimately VR sets aren't cheap. Unless I'm mistaken this game has primarily been marketed as a 'standard' game WITH VR, not a VR game which can be played without VR for a lesser experience. Just doesn't quite feel right, idk. 

4 minutes ago, DaftenMiescha said:

You're all complaining about the producers and such, just about not to use easy trophies...But did you even considered/interested that the developer is not aware of a sub-scene like trophy hunters?

You're claiming that it's not right to use VR trophies to g et 100%, but you should know that you're not the main target for such games, but regular playing buyers that got the game due to interests and not by looking up on  misc. trophy guides.

This is correct, in the sense that the developers shouldn't get a backlash for this even if I'm personally disappointed as it doesn't really 'ruin' anything. Equally I don't think an oversight can just be entirely dismissed just because it doesn't affect the masses. Ultimately trophies are a required feature in gaming and should be thought through properly. 

Edited by PhantomFear94
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Fish613 said:

The first instance that I know of was almost 10 years ago with LittleBigPlanet 2. They came out with the PsMove DLC pack which was only playable with the Move controller. So you couldn't 100% that game with the Move controller. 

Actually, it was worse... LBP2 has another DLC that requires you to have the PSVita xD

When I first saw that this game had PSVR trophies as DLC, I knew it was going to be controversial here in the forums. I'm glad I have PSVR and will be able to get all trophies when the time comes :)

I wonder if this would work in shareplay? Like you have a friend with a VR headset to do the VR only trophies for you? I could guinea pig it for someone.

And by "guinea pig" I mean do this once and share the results. Not do this for everyone if it works! ?

Edited by Beyondthegrave07

I feel this is a blatant cash grab they see the VR is not popular so they start promoting this amazing looking game hype it up get everyone excited then say hey you wanna actually finish it? But the hardware that cost more than your whole same system plus the game combined

That said I'll probably wait on this game till a black Friday sale in the future where  might snag a ps vr and the game for cheap

Can anyone with vr answer this.  I'm super nearsighted and need my glasses to see further than like 6 inches infront of me can I still use vr?

Some nice VR marketing right there. I decided to sell mine after Bravo Team. I wasn't feeling to sticking around for more. But it was a good expierence atleast.

2 hours ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

First I heard of this game, but seeing as I have a PSVR, I don't see the reason for all the hate. If people don't have a VR, then don't play the game? But you'll also be missing out on a lot of awesome VR games, so... :/ 

I do agree there are some nice VR games out there, But there isn't really a huge selection of games i was looking for other than Driveclub VR and a couple others. There wasn't any good exclusive racing games for the headset other than Driveclub VR.

The only other smaller racing game was Tiny Trax and it's a budget indie racing title. Other than that there is a nice selection of shooters and Adventure/Platform games like Moss and Astro Bot. Also a huge selection of games are pretty much crap like titles no other people wanna play at all. You maybe see max 100/200 game owners for those atleast, so it says a lot about the interest. Wipeout Omega Collection you can do this without the VR headset. Same as for Dirt Rally and GT Sport.

I should have done Moss, Job Simulator, and a few others. But i didn't feel to pay for them almost 100€ for only a couple titles. The VR isn't for everyone, although for me it was not a bad headset, i wasn't getting motion sickness or anything after playing more and more with it. But i just didn't feel it was worth to keep to expierence more titles. Especially when i got it for Starblood Arena witch i couldn't do in time before the shutdown. So in my eyes the investment in the VR was a mistake pretty much. But i had fun with Driveclub VR, Doom VFR, Astrobot.

22 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I wonder if this would work in shareplay? Like you have a friend with a VR headset to do the VR only trophies for you? I could guinea pig it for someone.

I have never ever heard of someone doing this, but on standard PS4 games, only the Share Play host can earn trophies. Basically, anyone joining share play cannot take over with a VR headset. The PS4 would need receiving the power of

the VR headset at distance, which at my knowledge isn’t possible.

Nice try, you gotta borrow a VR headset via a friend, or rent it somehow. :P

Edited by MaxieM0us3

I’ll come back to this game when I pick up a VR set. Silver lining is saving money on a cheaper VR set and cheaper game later on. Too bad they will lose a few initial sales because of the VR mode included from trophy hunters/completionists but something worth playing down the road. In fact, they may benefit of increased VR sales because of this?

2 hours ago, Upendo_Vitani said:

I think it's stupid to have vr only dlc. Why should I be locked out from earning (easy) trophies just because I didn't buy a $600 piece of equipment I have zero interest in? That is a paywall and that is an issue for me. 

$600? Where? In Australia? PSVR is nowhere NEAR $600.

I think the game looks corny but I like the trophy list. Not being able to 100% it does suck, but at least they kept the VR ones away from the plat. And with the new trend of releasing MP and NG+ trophies as dlc later, I don't care about 100%s as much as I used to. 

Edited by yowzagabowza

50 minutes ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

I have never ever heard of someone doing this, but on standard PS4 games, only the Share Play host can earn trophies. Basically, anyone joining share play cannot take over with a VR headset. The PS4 would need receiving the power of

the VR headset at distance, which at my knowledge isn’t possible.

Nice try, you gotta borrow a VR headset via a friend, or rent it somehow. :P

Ah, so it wouldn't recognize the fact that I have a VR. Lol. I wonder how it'd work the other way around then? Never used shareplay before so I have no idea. Either way, doesn't fix the problem. :P

Edited by Beyondthegrave07

Oh boy, lucky me my brother bought into this whole VR thing and got PSVR.

Gonna be a pain in the ass dragging it over here.

I'll still get the game, the thing is...

I heard that there are like 3 glitched trophies. That's a big no go.