Worst Game on Ps4 You Ever Played

terminatorx0606

On 10/28/2019 at 0:31 PM, awf9495 said:

The Walking Dead: Michonne single handedly killed my interest in Telltale style games despite enjoying all of them I played up to that point.

I know a lot of people love it, but I really didn't like The Witness, and this is coming from a big fan of Braid. I felt like I was just doing some random puzzle in the newspaper on the crossword page over and over again.

It's funny you should mention that one, for me it was Telltale's Game of Thrones tied with Minecraft Story Mode.  I played both of them in that order, right after getting hooked on Telltale after Tales from the Borderlands and The Wolf Among Us. I took a break from Telltale games for quite awhile after that.

Those are also my two Worst Game Ever's.

• Like 1

The Unknown City Episode 1, it was so bad it made me motion sick while playing. That third level was ridiculously huge and felt like the biggest troll ever.

Honorable mention goes to Troll & I.

Edited by RipvanX

plenty of crappy 1 hr plat games that are objectively awful but in terms of 'proper' games, I hated Arkham Knight and didn't realise that Shadow of Mordor was very similar so I also hate that game. I just find being swamped in enemies all the time extremely stressful! 

I'm struggling a bit with Death Stranding too. It's beautiful and very creative in terms of the world, but the gameplay seems very dull and repetitive. 

To be honest, I haven't been blown away by many games that I've played on the PS4 but honourable mention needs to go to Days Gone which is getting a lot of hate in this thread. I played it several years after release and I thought it was really good! I had very low expectations after reading so many negative reviews but the game was good. Same goes for Mass Effect Andromeda - that was surprisingly good too! 

Could say something like Shadow Warrior, which I got because it was on sale for so cheap but was thoroughly unimpressed with, really mediocre....... or if I'm talking about all PS4 games in general rather than specific PS4 games that I've played it could be I Am Mayo, which is just a garbage game and that also created a whole new genre of garbage games that only exist because they come with a simple platinum trophy (which devalues platinum trophies)..... or perhaps something like Surgeon Simulator or I am bread, where the point of the game is that the controls are terrible which inflates the difficulty...... or, even worse, the PSVR game Loading Human: Chapter One, where the point of the game wasn't that the controls were terrible, they just happened to be terrible and to the point that they made the game unplayable... but, in the end, I think I'd go with Mass Effect Andromeda.  Because that one I was actually really looking forward to, once upon a time.  It became clear that it was probably going to be disappointing a couple of weeks before its release, so, for me, the blow was softened, but....what a sad experience getting that game was.  Getting a new Bioware game used to mean something, and now, it doesn't.

Edited by Cherrywood
clarity

Here's my list: 

Alteric - just no. Unfair difficulty, poor controls, cheap deaths, boring visuals, got frustrated and rage deleted it. 

Twin Robots - same with Alteric, just terrible. Spent three hours on a level just to have a glitched trophy. 

Squareboy vs. Bullies - I get the message is about not bullying and standing up to bullying, but this game just does the opposite. You're bullying the bullies out of bullying. 

N.E.R.O.: Nothing Ever Remains Obscure - As boring as paint drying. Walking sim + very minimal gameplay + frustrating puzzles does not make a game. 

Inksplosion - can't choose your weapon, small player character, blinding bright colors that make it difficult to see plus frame rate drops when there's too much color on the screen. 

Zero Zero Zero Zero - nothing but a stinking Rata turd. The game doesn't make sense, some of the levels are impossible to complete, and the random level selection turned me off. At least it was quick. 

An honorable mention goes to Ghost Recon Breakpoint, however, once my fiancee got it and played it with me, I actually enjoyed it. But I did not like the random difficulty spikes, "gear score" in a military based game, frustrating gunfights, the need for a base as small as my apartment to have five rocket gunners, ten snipers and thirty heavies, and the story was non-existent. I usually enjoy Ubisoft games, but this skewed my view of them. 

Well, I've had a proper think and a long scroll through my list, and...

I think I have my game.

There are others that I simply didn't like.

There are quite a few I thought were bad - terrible even - but I always try to focus on the positives in a game, no matter how difficult they might be to find or how vastly outweighed by the negatives they are. 

In a lot of cases, while the game was bad, there is a glimmer of a good idea, or a hint of some originality, or some small mechanic that I can point to and say "well, that part was good"....

I am the guy who will root out anything good to say about a game like a truffle-hog finding fungus.

Space Overlords was awful, but there is a shade of a good idea there. Poorly executed, on virtually every level, but that's something.

Ether One was broken in many, many places, but the story and the environments were interesting at least.

Goat Simulator is a joke game, and while the joke isn't always funny, it was on occasion, and that counts for something.

N.E.R.O was dull, but the bones of it were solid. It had a nice message, if nothing else, and occasionally the visuals were bordering on beautiful.

I disliked A Winter's Daydream intensely, but that's my fault. I'm not a Visual Novel guy, and I shouldn't have dove in on that one.

Planet of the Eyes, I actually liked despite it's reputation - short and easy, but fine. Same for Twin Robots, Grizzland & Funk of Titans.

Without Escape was never good, or fun, but it cannot be said it was unoriginal. It was bat-shit crazy, and that has some strange merit.

Even Albedo gets a bit of a pass from me, because it was made by one guy, and he was a least going for something. He might have failed - especially on the technical side, but he had a vision of something, and you can see it occasionally (in between raging at the broken mechanics!)

That being said though...

There is only one game I could find, that was so rancid, that I could not find a single thing to say that would point to any worth at all.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you:

L8b0998.png

L.A. Cops

What. A. Stinker.

It is an absolute, originality free zone. 

A shameless rip-off of Hotline Miami, farted out quickly to capitalise on the popularity of that (excellent) game.

It controls poorly, has an unfathomably stupid levelling system and substitutes Hotline Miami's tough-but-fair difficulty for one made overly-difficult solely by the terrible isometric view and constant difficulty in seeing what is going on in the level.

The sound design is flat, with no crunch to the gunshots at all, and no satisfaction.

The music is dull.

The visuals are a basic rip off of many other, better games, and have the look of a 50p iPhone game.

The story is non-existent, and the game horrible to play and control.

This is a truly woeful thing.

Unoriginal, unimportant, unenjoyable, unsatisfying, unpleasant, uninteresting.

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 2

The worst game is tough, but the worst experience is easy: Apotheon. A barely passable adventure-platformer...thing, the game barely worked. It crashed over 100 times on my way to the plat (that is not hyperbole, BTW - I sent reports after the first 3 crashes, numbering them, and finally quit at 100).

Why did I keep playing? No clue, but God - it was awful.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9-3-2021 at 6:48 PM, mriaborat9 said:

Killing Floor 2

good grief, felt and looks like a free game off the iphone app store, super repetitive and a toal aliaexpress rip off off call of duty zombies. 

This.

Very fun game at first but feels incredibly cheap and ripped off and after the first hour of playing you have seen everything there is. Reward/ loot system is complete garbage (you can unlock loot boxes by playing but not the key, you need to buy that with real money) and there isn't any kind of 'rewarding feel' after getting to a high round on a harder difficulty. Not that CoD zombies gives you heaps of rewards but at least it has easter eggs/ a goal to complete whereas Killing Floor 2 it's just survive > die > repeat every time without a goal to complete.

I did get the platinum for it because it's pretty easy but they keep adding DLC to it every now and then and adding 1 single trophy every time so I had to reinstall the game 4 times already to get it to 100%. The games is just plain bad.......

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Probably a current update on the top 10 worst games I played for Playstation 4
1. Samael Legacy of Ophiuchus(Or pretty much any other game Gilson B Pontes comes out with)
2. Wander
3. Crash Dummy
4. Newtonian Inversion
5. Lizard Lady vs The Cats(Kind of felt like I was playing a game that came out in 1991 or something on the PC.)
6. Life of Black Tiger
7. Deer Simulator
8. The deer god
9. Energy Invasion
10. Little Adventure on the Prairie

Inner Kung Fu Game. I pressed buttons, literally only that for about 40 mins for a bunch of bronze trophies. Aabs Animals at least have kittens :P

in My Name Is Mayo you at least click and see clothes, jokes and colorful things appearing on the screen, like, you can at least entertain a child with this. This "game"? there is no game, there is nothing, it is below a ratalaika game.

Edited by kevao97

• 2 weeks later...

Not worst games in general. In fact, both have loads of devoted fans, but I must say my worst experiences so far have been Infamous: Second Son and Shadow of Mordor.

I got to Second Son too late, so all of the cool features they were trying to introduce at the beginning of the PS4 era felt gimmicky and forced. Like shaking your controller to spray paint. It stopped being fun after first two graffitis. The constant orange sunset burnt my retinas. It's like the contrast setting was turned up obnoxiously high all the time. The gameplay is also very repetitive with clearing out the same set of goals in every region. Boss fights were pretty good and characters were very well-written, but the story lacked. Very underwhelming, considering how much hype I've heard.

Shadow of Mordor, again, was super repetitive, and controls felt like a chore. The endless spawns of enemies that got in the way of your target was just frustrating, and every time I meant to hit one particular enemy, he would attack someone different. Riding the graugs was cool, but getting them to climb up the correct path or eat the correct enemy was painful. I can forgive a lot of issues in a game, but the controls need to be smooth and intuitive for me to enjoy it. I have some dlc challenges to do still, but I dread to come back to this game. I don't think I will continue with Shadow of War, as I heard it's more of the same.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, papert0wng1rl said:

Not worst games in general. In fact, both have loads of devoted fans, but I must say my worst experiences so far have been Infamous: Second Son and Shadow of Mordor.

I got to Second Son too late, so all of the cool features they were trying to introduce at the beginning of the PS4 era felt gimmicky and forced. Like shaking your controller to spray paint. It stopped being fun after first two graffitis. The constant orange sunset burnt my retinas. It's like the contrast setting was turned up obnoxiously high all the time. The gameplay is also very repetitive with clearing out the same set of goals in every region. Boss fights were pretty good and characters were very well-written, but the story lacked. Very underwhelming, considering how much hype I've heard.

Shadow of Mordor, again, was super repetitive, and controls felt like a chore. The endless spawns of enemies that got in the way of your target was just frustrating, and every time I meant to hit one particular enemy, he would attack someone different. Riding the graugs was cool, but getting them to climb up the correct path or eat the correct enemy was painful. I can forgive a lot of issues in a game, but the controls need to be smooth and intuitive for me to enjoy it. I have some dlc challenges to do still, but I dread to come back to this game. I don't think I will continue with Shadow of War, as I heard it's more of the same.

Maybe it was meant to not be perfect regarding the graugs? Seeing as they're an untamed animal? 

On 4/11/2021 at 6:13 AM, PIOTREK27-1982 said:

I haven't played a bad game on PS4. 

Why are you such a liar?

On 4/11/2021 at 4:47 AM, Nightstream88 said:

Probably a current update on the top 10 worst games I played for Playstation 4
1. Samael Legacy of Ophiuchus(Or pretty much any other game Gilson B Pontes comes out with)
2. Wander
3. Crash Dummy
4. Newtonian Inversion
5. Lizard Lady vs The Cats(Kind of felt like I was playing a game that came out in 1991 or something on the PC.)
6. Life of Black Tiger
7. Deer Simulator
8. The deer god
9. Energy Invasion
10. Little Adventure on the Prairie

Question:  Was there a story in Deer Simulator?  I ask because I played Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2010 and I really enjoyed it.  There was a slight story but it was a different game that I enjoyed.  

I'm a little off topic so I'll say two of my worst games ever was NCIS Game and and .detuned (didn't get it at all).