StylerX01

How hard is the platinum?

35 posts in this topic

Since this was free on ps plus I might as well give it a go. To those who platinumed, how hard it is to do?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's very easy, completed it in just under 9 hours. You can have a liiiiittle problem with the handling in the beginning, but it will click and you will win everything easily. I didn't find it so bad as the other in this tread, but it's a good game to play while listening to some podcast or something like this. 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking forward to this one.


Looks like one of the better PS Plus offerings for the year (not that that is saying much).

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Once you get past learning the physics its easilly a 2/10. Only tricky part is the holeshots and even that isn't too bad once you get the timing down.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there online trophies? I hope not..

 

8 minutes ago, mckbros said:

Is there online trophies? I hope not..

 

Oh.. just UGC related stuff. Easy UGC stuff like I did in Infamous 2.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Muffy said:

It's very easy

By using the "retire from race" option during a race the race automatically finishes and automatically makes you first or second almost every time, and gives you the money, xp and trophy progress. You can use this to get most trophies, though for stuff like 50 wins you need to play one race legit after reaching the requirements to make the trophy actually pop. I didn't do the trophies for winning a race on a specific track this way so can't confirm if I pops those.

That's such a major bug, lol. Still works though. Thanks for the tip. 😎

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Phantochi said:

This is a 10~15hrs platinum, with a 2/10 difficulty i would say, hard part is play this shit for 10 hours lol

I thought it was an exaggeration, but I played 10 min yesterday and I had enough...

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I kinda liked it. I rarely ever play racing games and I wanted something that wasn't an open world because that gets tiresome after a while, so this game is decent enough. As for the platinum, I finished last in the first few races but then I got the hang of it and I can win on the easy setting without much effort.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Muffy said:

It's very easy

By using the "retire from race" option during a race the race automatically finishes and automatically makes you first or second almost every time, and gives you the money, xp and trophy progress. You can use this to get most trophies, though for stuff like 50 wins you need to play one race legit after reaching the requirements to make the trophy actually pop. I didn't do the trophies for winning a race on a specific track this way so can't confirm if I pops those.

All you really need to do manually is 10 hole shots and 300 miles driven. For 300 miles there's a few good user made maps, I'm using one called "1 Mile Lap", lots of straight parts so you can drive at top speed. Would be 8 or so hours of driving circles BUT you can just rubber band or turbo R2 and you'll drive automatically, if you go off the track you'll be respawned on it again, so it's just afk. Of course you don't really experience the game this way but I can't say you're missing out on much 

for the "retire from race" thing, how does this work exactly? does it work for every race? when do you perform this in a race?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, UnboundedCash99 said:

for the "retire from race" thing, how does this work exactly? does it work for every race? when do you perform this in a race?

Either in the pause menu during a race or in the small menu right before it starts, doesn't matter when you do it and it's always available

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Muffy said:

Either in the pause menu during a race or in the small menu right before it starts, doesn't matter when you do it and it's always available

alright, thank you for clarifying for me. this bug sounds very helpful!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just jumping on this thread, are the milestone servers down for anyone else currently?. Was working fine for me this morning, but haven't been able to connect since around 6PM GMT.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with those that say this is trash.

I agree it's hard as well.

I was getting the hang of it a bit doing the Kangaroo trophy, though. This did leave a bad taste in my mouth.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, groomyboy said:

just jumping on this thread, are the milestone servers down for anyone else currently?. Was working fine for me this morning, but haven't been able to connect since around 6PM GMT.

I also cannot connect.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just another note to add about the Retire from Race glitch. Race wins will count towards the win trophy, though you will need to complete a race to have the trophy pop as mentioned before (You do not have to win that race however). Holeshots do NOT, however. Even if you get the bonus for Holeshots, the stats will not update if you use this method. Also, if you use this method, turn off all assists/difficulty settings so that way you get max SX/XP. Turning everything off but keeping each race a 1 shot added 670% bonus. Keep in mind I've upgraded my bike to the max with gear, so that might help with getting a better finish when dropping out. (I was doing Career mode, if you do Championship mode, just select Dungey, he's the highest rated driver.)

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, jdh0921 said:

Just another note to add about the Retire from Race glitch. Race wins will count towards the win trophy, though you will need to complete a race to have the trophy pop as mentioned before (You do not have to win that race however). Holeshots do NOT, however. Even if you get the bonus for Holeshots, the stats will not update if you use this method. Also, if you use this method, turn off all assists/difficulty settings so that way you get max SX/XP. Turning everything off but keeping each race a 1 shot added 670% bonus. Keep in mind I've upgraded my bike to the max with gear, so that might help with getting a better finish when dropping out. (I was doing Career mode, if you do Championship mode, just select Dungey, he's the highest rated driver.)

To slightly add to this, it seems you get a bit more each time you win a championship so make a custom one (like 2, 3 races short) and at the end you get the credits for winning a championship along with the xp.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/3/2019 at 2:30 PM, Muffy said:

I didn't do the trophies for winning a race on a specific track this way so can't confirm if I pops those.

 

I can confirm that the track trophies don't pop using the "Retire from Event" glitch. So it'll be best to do the 450 career season legit I think. (You could do the 250s, but that would require racing Vegas twice.)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd say that without the rewind button and the "retire from race" mechanic it would probably be a 7/10. But if you don't mind using them it's a 2/10.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Maayz17 said:

I'd say that without the rewind button and the "retire from race" mechanic it would probably be a 7/10. But if you don't mind using them it's a 2/10.

Lol it is nowhere near 7/10 without those features. On the easiest difficulty setting the AI is basically retarded so in 99% of your races you will win while being 10-15 seconds ahead of the rest. So even without rewind and retire from the race this game is still only 3 or 4/ 10 difficulty no more than that at all.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those still having issues with this.. I am the type of player who apparently lays off the throttle completely in air for some reason. Well this slows you way down since it causes you to stick and stop on landing. Once I started keeping my throttle pulled back through the entire jump I was killing the AI. You can use the stick mechanic to your advantage too on jumps ending close to a tight turn.

 

Should have been more obvious to me but I thought I'd share in case others were struggling to even compete against AI set to very easy.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, rolltideroll157 said:

Lol it is nowhere near 7/10 without those features. On the easiest difficulty setting the AI is basically retarded so in 99% of your races you will win while being 10-15 seconds ahead of the rest. So even without rewind and retire from the race this game is still only 3 or 4/ 10 difficulty no more than that at all.

I meant 7/10 because it would be a lot more grindy to get 3 million credits and winning the championships and doing online tracks without skipping some races. If a game has a lot of grind I give it a higher score.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The most difficult thing about this game was trying to connect to the servers for the first few days 😋

 

I honestly believe that people are making a mountain out of a molehill regarding the 'difficulty' of this game. It's a 2/10 all day. You can use the easiest settings for everything and you can even save yourself a few hours if you use the retire exploit for the 250 championships. Fair enough, not everyone will find the same things easy, or difficult, but in this case I believe it's blown way out of proportion, and thus we get threads like this because people are put off by the scaremongering.

 

Also I don't get why people are thrashing the game so much, just because they find it difficult. It's actually a fairly decent game and far from Milestone's worst effort. There are worse racers out there

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.