How hard is the platinum?

11 hours ago, Muffy said:

It's very easy

By using the "retire from race" option during a race the race automatically finishes and automatically makes you first or second almost every time, and gives you the money, xp and trophy progress. You can use this to get most trophies, though for stuff like 50 wins you need to play one race legit after reaching the requirements to make the trophy actually pop. I didn't do the trophies for winning a race on a specific track this way so can't confirm if I pops those.

That's such a major bug, lol. Still works though. Thanks for the tip. ?

• Like 1

I kinda liked it. I rarely ever play racing games and I wanted something that wasn't an open world because that gets tiresome after a while, so this game is decent enough. As for the platinum, I finished last in the first few races but then I got the hang of it and I can win on the easy setting without much effort.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Muffy said:

It's very easy

By using the "retire from race" option during a race the race automatically finishes and automatically makes you first or second almost every time, and gives you the money, xp and trophy progress. You can use this to get most trophies, though for stuff like 50 wins you need to play one race legit after reaching the requirements to make the trophy actually pop. I didn't do the trophies for winning a race on a specific track this way so can't confirm if I pops those.

All you really need to do manually is 10 hole shots and 300 miles driven. For 300 miles there's a few good user made maps, I'm using one called "1 Mile Lap", lots of straight parts so you can drive at top speed. Would be 8 or so hours of driving circles BUT you can just rubber band or turbo R2 and you'll drive automatically, if you go off the track you'll be respawned on it again, so it's just afk. Of course you don't really experience the game this way but I can't say you're missing out on much 

for the "retire from race" thing, how does this work exactly? does it work for every race? when do you perform this in a race?

1 minute ago, UnboundedCash99 said:

for the "retire from race" thing, how does this work exactly? does it work for every race? when do you perform this in a race?

Either in the pause menu during a race or in the small menu right before it starts, doesn't matter when you do it and it's always available

• Like 1

Just another note to add about the Retire from Race glitch. Race wins will count towards the win trophy, though you will need to complete a race to have the trophy pop as mentioned before (You do not have to win that race however). Holeshots do NOT, however. Even if you get the bonus for Holeshots, the stats will not update if you use this method. Also, if you use this method, turn off all assists/difficulty settings so that way you get max SX/XP. Turning everything off but keeping each race a 1 shot added 670% bonus. Keep in mind I've upgraded my bike to the max with gear, so that might help with getting a better finish when dropping out. (I was doing Career mode, if you do Championship mode, just select Dungey, he's the highest rated driver.)

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, jdh0921 said:

Just another note to add about the Retire from Race glitch. Race wins will count towards the win trophy, though you will need to complete a race to have the trophy pop as mentioned before (You do not have to win that race however). Holeshots do NOT, however. Even if you get the bonus for Holeshots, the stats will not update if you use this method. Also, if you use this method, turn off all assists/difficulty settings so that way you get max SX/XP. Turning everything off but keeping each race a 1 shot added 670% bonus. Keep in mind I've upgraded my bike to the max with gear, so that might help with getting a better finish when dropping out. (I was doing Career mode, if you do Championship mode, just select Dungey, he's the highest rated driver.)

To slightly add to this, it seems you get a bit more each time you win a championship so make a custom one (like 2, 3 races short) and at the end you get the credits for winning a championship along with the xp.

On 12/3/2019 at 2:30 PM, Muffy said:

I didn't do the trophies for winning a race on a specific track this way so can't confirm if I pops those.

I can confirm that the track trophies don't pop using the "Retire from Event" glitch. So it'll be best to do the 450 career season legit I think. (You could do the 250s, but that would require racing Vegas twice.)

42 minutes ago, Maayz17 said:

I'd say that without the rewind button and the "retire from race" mechanic it would probably be a 7/10. But if you don't mind using them it's a 2/10.

Lol it is nowhere near 7/10 without those features. On the easiest difficulty setting the AI is basically retarded so in 99% of your races you will win while being 10-15 seconds ahead of the rest. So even without rewind and retire from the race this game is still only 3 or 4/ 10 difficulty no more than that at all.

• Like 1

For those still having issues with this.. I am the type of player who apparently lays off the throttle completely in air for some reason. Well this slows you way down since it causes you to stick and stop on landing. Once I started keeping my throttle pulled back through the entire jump I was killing the AI. You can use the stick mechanic to your advantage too on jumps ending close to a tight turn.

Should have been more obvious to me but I thought I'd share in case others were struggling to even compete against AI set to very easy.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, rolltideroll157 said:

Lol it is nowhere near 7/10 without those features. On the easiest difficulty setting the AI is basically retarded so in 99% of your races you will win while being 10-15 seconds ahead of the rest. So even without rewind and retire from the race this game is still only 3 or 4/ 10 difficulty no more than that at all.

I meant 7/10 because it would be a lot more grindy to get 3 million credits and winning the championships and doing online tracks without skipping some races. If a game has a lot of grind I give it a higher score.