A game that made you almost quit trophy hunting?

RedDead3001

2 hours ago, Lava_Yuki said:

I found FFX to be draining. I love the game but gave up on the trophies, there was just too much mini games and grinding

I agree with you, and that's how I feel about most Square RPG games: played for 10-15 hours and then frustrated for their mini games

• Like 1

It was Mortal Kombat X at the beginning, since many of its trophies require a lot of time and busting if you are not enough good at it, but then, I realised I only need a few trophies to get the platinum "around 4 years later", and finally, I got it.

I won't get the DLC at least for a long time, because I personally don't like the idea of spending much money on things differents than the base games.

On 1/28/2020 at 5:49 PM, VoxAnimi said:

My Name is Mayo. It's the only title that intimidated me by the mere mention of it, especially with its rigorous requirements to obtain the trophies. In fact, it deterred me from trophy hunting for a long period of time due to myself not being capable of obtaining its platinum trophy. No other title is as daunting as this, and I doubt it will ever be surpassed. 

Good Old Mayo. I fell for that one. I got the Platinum for it...im ashamed of it...but i did read a good novel by Louis L'Amour while i pounded the X button 10,000 times...

But I really hated The Multiplayer trophies for Tomb Raider 2013...like seriously.

Edited by ARMYxVETERAN
  • Like 2

Haven't had any trophy that almost made quit trophy hunting, at the worst I just wind up quitting trophy hunting for that game although I may quit trophy hunting at some point.
One game I did quit was Digimon All Star Rumble since it wanted 150+ playthroughs and if any other games have completely ridiculous I either won't go for it or will give up on it.
Although probably the length of time it took me to get the Truly Awesome trophy in Rayman Legends I probably could have gotten the Digimon platinum.

Resident Evil Revelations. I just didn't care for Raid Mode. It was boring and repetitive and tedious. I think I actually stopped gaming for three or four weeks until I decided to finish it and make it my 100th platinum.

Now Kingdom Come: Deliverance is doing the same thing to me with #200. ?

I haven't found a game yet that made me wanna quit hunting or give up on my completionist ambitions and keep going for 100% on everything I start. However, very unusually, I have one open game at the moment where I'm a single minigame away from getting the platinum, and I haven't touched the game in over a month... Pier Solar and the Great Architects, an old-school JRPG released for the Genesis back in the day. I need to play the Endless Slip minigame, a 6 minute concentration and perfection test (and 6 minutes back) that made me rage quit after trying it for a couple of days before Christmas, and I haven't found the motivation to get back to it yet. 

I'll get it eventually, but I decided to leave it be until I really feel ready to commit to the challenge. 

• Like 1

Two games for me:

1. BF Hardline: when they added the four 10,000 kills trophies. Ironically, I'm almost done with the final trophy. ?

2. Mafia 3: a combination of being in a bad mood when I was playing it coupled with games initial crappy launch that was filled with trophy glitched. Luckily the dev team improved the game and I gave it a second chance.

There are only 2 games that kinda prove to me that "trophy hunting" is dumb (applies only to me)and almost made me drop this hobby entirely :

1. Devil May Cry 2 - never have I ever played a bigger pile of crap. Had I not been "I want all the dmc collection platinumed" i would have had only the normal playthrough. But like that, I had to suffer just because of my stupid passion. 

2. Injustice 2 : the utterly atrocious grind for a stupid bronze (cat call) made me play this game wayy more than it was worth the trouble. That wasn't skill based or anything just insane grind paired with good old slots machines. 

But these experiences made me be selective and not just "hunt for blings". If a game is good but utter bullshit trophywise (hey there Overwatch) I won't bother with 100% it, just doing it within fun reasons. 

If I'm unable to plat a certain game, I just move on. I don't quit hunting altogether.

The slippery path minigame on Pier Solar is something I'm incapable of completing, but it doesn't bother me. I might just need a better controller than the standard ps3 one.

No game would make me quit trophy hunting, but plenty of them make me rage. The king of the shit pile among plats I have is definitely Star Ocean: The Last Hope.

12 hours ago, thepeaguy said:

The slippery path minigame on Pier Solar is something I'm incapable of completing, but it doesn't bother me. I might just need a better controller than the standard ps3 one.

Well, good luck with the PS4 one. As I said on that forum, I think the PS4 controller is significantly worse for slippery than the PS3 one.

Edited by starcrunch061

54 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

No game would make me quit trophy hunting, but plenty of them make me rage. The king of the shit pile among plats I have is definitely Star Ocean: The Last Hope.

Well, good luck with the PS4 one. As I said on that forum, I think the PS4 controller is significantly worse for slippery than the PS3 one.

Whenever I tried to master the slippery game, my hand aches. If it means that I develop arthritis, I'm not going to bother. Lol.

I have The Last Hope too. I feel you.

Edited by thepeaguy
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Monster Hunter: World !

Love this game soooo much and enjoyed every second of the 300 hours I’ve played....however there was a point when I was giving up on going for trophies as they were mostly luck based. I played so much I accidentally got trophies I couldn’t get previously and it restarted my hunting ! 

I know I will go through the same process when I start the Iceborne expansion ?

Star Ocean The Last Hope. It didn't make me quit trophy hunting, but I did take a long break afterwards and only recently started getting back in to it again. I messed up somewhere, I needed to discover all of Faize's weapons in item creation, or something like that. Well I didn't and I didn't realised I messed up until I beat the game. I haven't given up on SO4, but I'm not returning to it for awhile.  

Edited by Venocide

• 3 years later...