No way out of this darn No Way Out trophy? Resident Evil 2

VentiAmericano

Literally is trial and error when it comes to this mode. Practice, practice, practice. The enemies and the spawns are always the same.

Try and kill exploding back pack guys in a strategic place so if you get overwhelmed you've got an easy way out.

Don't panic in most situations either, just keep moving and baiting.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

I haven't tried it yet, is it really as hard as some of the stuff in the main game?

I would say slightly harder because of the gimmick zombies and you being in such an enclosed space making it easy to get overwhelmed if you don't kill them fast enough. The poison zombies that release poison when they die also doesn't help. Sure, you have an infinite ammo pistol but it can only do so much to the armored zombies and the White Heads I think they are called.

For OP's question, I've seen people say they have used this video and it has helped them as long as they have tried to try and copy what the guy does in the video. I wasn't really able to though and I feel like there's a bit of luck involved still even if you try to copy it.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just done it on my second try (not to toot my own horn) of course after a long hiatus using this video. The 16-20 minute ones are great and all but in all of them they seem to get surrounded quickly, in this video they kill them before they even get a chance to enter.

I should say I used half of the video and when things got hectic I had to adapt and do it on my own. They drop the pistol but I would recommend keeping it, since I used it even late game and it helped tremendously. Also try to keep blue herbs separated, it may give you shield but if you need it when your poisoned your shit out of luck. Save your rockets until enemy 80-90, and try to keep explosive fuels next to doors and one in an aisle just in case you do get swarmed. Also don't be afraid to use your more power weapons on smaller enemies if you're surrounded. But before all of that I recommend watching the video before and during you play, to see where the new enemies will spawn even if you are in different situations. Killing 3-4 enemies before they even get out is a huge advantage.

• Like 1

On 27/03/2020 at 8:48 AM, BestUsername---- said:

Also don't be afraid to use your more power weapons on smaller enemies if you're surrounded

Sound advice here

A max ammo flamethrower for the final waves is great but pointless if you die before you get there to use it!

• Like 1

Did this on my 3rd try. I was surprised how easy this was considering my struggles with the other Ghost Survivors scenarios. The first run was 62 kills, the second one was 95. The third one took me 19:31 minutes. I moved a lot and tried not to waste to much flamethrower and shotgun ammo. I tried to save them for the late game when there would be many pale and armored zombies around you. I also saved up flash grenades and rocket launcher ammo. I even ended the run with one rocket left in my inventory (I think, you only get 2 of those throughout the entire run). I abused enemy grabs a lot as well. One enemy would grab you - counter his attack with a flash bang or even let him bite you. The rest of the enemies will just gather around, and then it's an easy killing streak for you - just burn all this huge group with a flamethrower or blow them up with a rocket launcher. A point blank rocket shot would not inflict any damage to you. That's very nice that you still have time to run from the horde of enemies after a grab animation is over. The game gives you that time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

As others have said its mostly trial and error. It took me 8 attempts and with each attempt I got better and better until I unlocked the trophy earlier today. 

There are a lot of video guides out there for this trophy, but what I would suggest is watching a no damage video and then a video where the player succeeds but makes complete f**k ups along the way, as this will most likely be how the many get through it. But a no damage run will show you specific tactics which could help you, and then incorporate them into the vid with all the f**k ups. Again this is how I passed the game mode. 

First attempt I didn't even get past the first 10, then made a few more messes and quit most. Then on the 6th attempt I got 54, then 7th I got 77 and then on the 8th and final attempt I got the 100 kills. It is very doable, but as well as weapons you have to know where you want to lure the enemy, where to set traps with the fuel tanks rather than just blowing them up there and then etc. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/27/2020 at 4:48 PM, BestUsername---- said:

I've just done it on my second try (not to toot my own horn) of course after a long hiatus using this video. The 16-20 minute ones are great and all but in all of them they seem to get surrounded quickly, in this video they kill them before they even get a chance to enter.

I should say I used half of the video and when things got hectic I had to adapt and do it on my own. They drop the pistol but I would recommend keeping it, since I used it even late game and it helped tremendously. Also try to keep blue herbs separated, it may give you shield but if you need it when your poisoned your shit out of luck. Save your rockets until enemy 80-90, and try to keep explosive fuels next to doors and one in an aisle just in case you do get swarmed. Also don't be afraid to use your more power weapons on smaller enemies if you're surrounded. But before all of that I recommend watching the video before and during you play, to see where the new enemies will spawn even if you are in different situations. Killing 3-4 enemies before they even get out is a huge advantage.

This is definitely the best way. Personally didn't really follow the strategy from 1-70 as some of his placements was awkward for me but everything after 70 is so easy for anyone to pull off and makes it the last few waves a joke. Took me about 6-7 attempts and my first attempt clearing it after seeing this video when I got to round 70+. 

• 2 months later...

Just a little message of hope for those struggling - I felt like this was really out of my reach - I’m not the greatest player pf RE2, and only got through hardcore through very cautious play, but don’t lose hope.

I never once made it past 60 in No Way Out - my scores were all 53 / 56 / 58 ish, or like 14 / 16 ish on crappy tries, then one time, I just hit 100. No slow build up, no indication I was doing better or worse, things just went my way.

I don’t actually think the difference between a winning run and a losing one is necessarily skill - it’s more just waiting for a run where you don’t encounter some bad luck bullshit. 

good luck - keep at it. If I can get this trophy, trust me, you can too!

• Like 1

On 7/25/2020 at 6:02 AM, DrBloodmoney said:

Just a little message of hope for those struggling - I felt like this was really out of my reach - I’m not the greatest player pf RE2, and only got through hardcore through very cautious play, but don’t lose hope.

I never once made it past 60 in No Way Out - my scores were all 53 / 56 / 58 ish, or like 14 / 16 ish on crappy tries, then one time, I just hit 100. No slow build up, no indication I was doing better or worse, things just went my way.

I don’t actually think the difference between a winning run and a losing one is necessarily skill - it’s more just waiting for a run where you don’t encounter some bad luck bullshit. 

good luck - keep at it. If I can get this trophy, trust me, you can too!

Same here, after trying for hours (50 tries or so) and on the brink of giving up, I finally got it. Not sure if there still are people fight for it, just to vent a bit here.

1. Watch more videos and form your OWN strategy. I was trying to copy the video mentioned in another topic (surest method etc.) and no disrespect to the author, that video helped me tremendously, especially the set up for 1-40 and after 80. However, that guy was trying to unlock cat ear and I figured i don't have to be frugal on pistol like he did after watching other videos. And don't take unnecessary risks to set up, like letting the zombies bite you. i struggled mightily to replicate that and found the gain was actually marginal, to me.

2. Item management is still important, especially during the transition from wave 60 to 70. I was running w/o herbs (pistol, flashbang, rocket, flamethrower and another left over heavy weapon). And you do need all items dropped. 

Other than those, just keep going. this is from someone who can never beat that damn 17.xx seconds in classic COD....

I was pretty worried about this trophy, but I didn't find it that bad. Whether it was luck, skill, or the video I used was just that helpful, I cannot say. But here it is:

Not counting the runs where I restarted after getting bit in the first round, this got me through it in just 2 attempts. I mismanaged my ammo pretty badly the first time, and only had my pistol to deal with the final 10+ zombies. Died at 91. :/ And don't forget you can pause. Just take it step-by-step, don't rush as no more zombies will appear until you kill the required number per round, only heal when you're in the danger zone, and preferably use a R+G+B herb. That way you can take a lot more hits for a lengthy amount of time. My runs were not nearly as smooth as the video, trust me. :lol: But by doing all this, I got bit a lot, and still made it to the end.

It does help to know exactly where things are going to spawn, though. And improvising is what screwed me over at the end. Lol. If you have a rocket for that group that breaks in at 88 kills, you won't have much to deal with after blowing them up. I used both of those too early the first time..

• 3 weeks later...