Currently Playing?

ROBOCRIPPLE_

I finally finished Nier Automata last night and obtained the Platinum for it as well. Completely legit too. Not a single trophy 'bought.' See my post in the trophy thread for full and final thoughts on the game.

Taking a bit of a 'break' now on the Switch with Ori and the Blind Forest Definitive Edition. It's the replacement for Hollow Knight after dropping and getting rid of it for being too difficult for me.

THEN. IT WILL FINALLY BE TIME EVERYONE.

?

So I never did learn my lesson about not playing too many games at once...

Grandia - Some great music and a fairly enjoyable battle system. Suffers from annoying camera angles at times, art is kind of an eyesore, limited inventory space is irritating, and it feels a tad too similar to Lunar in its tone (not a Lunar fan). But overall, I am enjoying it.

Persona 5 Royal - Just started this, despite it being a piss easy plat, I'm making it my 175th milestone since I made the original my 100th milestone. The Megaten games hold a special place in my heart so I like to commemorate them in some way. Will also likely make Nocturne a milestone plat at some point, whenever I eventually feel like replaying it.

I plan to not skip any cutscenes despite already playing the original twice since it seems they've incorporated some new stuff into them right from the start, as they did with Persona 4 Golden. Speaking of which, really wish they would put P4G to PS4/PS5 so I can plat it again as one of my milestone plats (still regret not doing that).

Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass - Yes, I'm very late to this. Plan to play Spirit Tracks directly after as well. I'm actually really enjoying this so far, it's one of those DS games that makes the DS gimmicks fun. Aside from the 2 DS games, the only other mainline Zelda games I've yet to play are Link Between Worlds and Breath of the Wild.

Tales of Hearts R - Have to say, it's kind of jarring playing a Tales Of game with random encounters. Pretty decent so far but it's definitely one of the weaker Tales games I've played. I do like how it feels very similar to Symphonia though.

Disgaea D2 - Just started this last night. Not much to say about it really, it's Disgaea; it has addictive grindy gameplay and a cute art style with some decent humour.

Final Fantasy Legend 2/SaGa 2 - Much easier than the first game. Translation seems kinda iffy and the story isn't great (neither was the first game's), but the unique combat system is certainly interesting.

Fatal Frame 2 - I think I prefer the first game so far, but this one is pretty good as well. Still holding out hope for a trilogy port to PS4/PS5.

Breath of Fire 2 - Not too far into this, still have PTSD from how boring the first game was. This one doesn't seem like much of an improvement, and somehow it seems like the translation is even worse in this game, at least so far.

• Like 2

Pokemon go- Currently level 41 started my account December 28th 2020
 Fall guys Ultimate Knockout- Been playing with a group mostly
World's End Club- Seems like I finished one of the endings think I got the bad ending, thought it was going to continue after the credits or something and that it was a troll. (Still like the game quite a bit though and probably enough to toss it up with my top 10 favorite games on Switch)
 Monster Hunter Stories 2 Wings of Ruin
Monster Hunter Rise
 Ys IX Monstrom Nox
Trails of Cold Steel
 Biomutant
Hentai vs Evil- Terrible game, might being going a bit too far on this but kind of reminds me of a third person shooter version of the Slaughtering grounds.
 Scarlet Nexusus
 Spyro the Dragon Reignited Trilogy

I finished Ori and the Blind Forest Definitive Edition on Switch Friday night. I mean... it was very pretty, cutesy, and admittedly fun. At times anyway. Other than that though... I can't really say much else about it. Except that it was overly and unnecessarily difficult most of the time. Ridiculously so during some instances.

I guess getting 'breaks' just isn't something I ever get anymore ? (unless I'm playing a Life is Strange game)

So it's pretty god damn clear that it was good thing I got rid of/dropped Hollow Knight without even trying to play it. Because if I got annoyed with the Ori difficulty... I most certainly would have outright ragequit Hollow Knight.

I started playing Final Fantasy 7 Remake Part 1 PS5 Upgrade (Intergrade) last night.

On 7/8/2021 at 2:48 PM, SuperSmexy500 said:

Final Fantasy Legend 2/SaGa 2 - Much easier than the first game. Translation seems kinda iffy and the story isn't great (neither was the first game's), but the unique combat system is certainly interesting.

Time to go Romancing SaGa and SaGa Frontier! :) Romancing 2 and 3 + a couple of new ones even got trophies. I guess you're building up to this though.

I'm playing another Kemco RPG. xD Got so many of them queued up, but they take like 20-35 hours though.

Edited by MMDE

5 hours ago, MMDE said:

Time to go Romancing SaGa and SaGa Frontier! :) Romancing 2 and 3 + a couple of new ones even got trophies. I guess you're building up to this though.

I'm playing another Kemco RPG. xD Got so many of them queued up, but they take like 20-35 hours though.

Yes, I have Romancing SaGa 2 and 3, SaGa Frontier and SaGa Scarlet Grace bought and downloaded on my PS4, and I plan to get around to them eventually. I'm still fairly new to the series, I did play a bit of Frontier back in the day and have played the first Romancing SaGa (SNES version), and I've been enjoying the "Final Fantasy Legend" games so far, despite them being kind of archaic. I hope they continue to re-release more SaGa games on PS4/PS5, particularly Frontier 2 and some version of the first Romancing SaGa. I know the chance is basically nil, but it would also be cool getting those DS remakes of FFL 2 and 3 released in some form in the west eventually.

Far Cry 4. Got the platinum a couple days ago, currently looking to 100% the map.

Ubisoft has not made this easy, as one of the locations you have to find has been glitched for years, and you literally have to break the game in order to locate it. It's fascinating that someone actually figured out how to do it. Props to the person that did. Took me 10 tries over 2-3 hours..... ? Here's what I'm talking about:

I have Pokemon Unite pre-loaded on my Switch and will be trying it out whenever it becomes playable. It looks fun from all the videos I watched about it. I only plan on playing it for fun/casual. Is that doable? Who knows. I hope so. But I'd be lying if I said I still wasn't expecting to end up eventually dropping it, just like I did with Pokken, due to getting to frustrated with it. Because I am.

But I still don't see a problem in at least trying it. I'll do my best to not let stuff bother me though and just have fun. If you want to co-op/squad with me... contact me either on Discord or through PM on the forums and we'll see what we can do. Just keep what I said in this post in mind. Also I've never played a MOBA. EVER.

Raging Justice (PS4)

A beat 'em up that uses pre-rendered sprite characters. The dev team MakinGames is led by a former Rare developer and some colleagues. You can kick downed enemies or even arrest dizzy ones with the grab/throw button. Some have a warrant for their arrest, and you are supposed to bust them... that's if you want a Good Cop rating. Killing them will drive you towards a Bad Cop rating for the stage. When someone throws dynamite at you, you can hit it back. Not quite on par with a Streets of Rage, but it's still decent. One thing I liked was being able to steal a tractor or lawn mower to run over a bunch of thugs. At least this one has a few unique touches.

Spoiler

In one stage, you can break open a fishtank to flood the room and drown the enemies. I took out 10 at once doing this.

Currently playing: 

PS3: Max Payne 3 to reach the level 50 rank in multiplayer for the trophy. 

PS4: F1 2017 reaching level 50 for the online trophy which is a grind. 

PS5: Demon’s Souls to beat the game and work my way to getting the platinum. 

Street Fighter II Champion Edition (arcade) - For the last few days I've been trying to get a 1CC, or preferably a No Rounds Lost clear, with Balrog. Mostly smooth sailing until the fight with Bison at the end, well except for Dhalsim. Jumping towards Dhalsim often doesn't end well for Balrog. Let him come to you instead. Finishing opponents off with a Turn Punch (all 3 punches or all 3 kicks held to charge) pays... any special move used to finish an opponent is worth triple the points, so 2000 x 3 = 6000. Sometimes it's good to hold all 3 kicks from the start of the round and try to dizzy an opponent with the punch buttons. Then once you know the opponent will come up dizzy from a knockdown, serve up that Turn Punch.