Currently Playing?

ROBOCRIPPLE_

Mr. Driller Drill Land (PS4) - Pretty good overall, except I don't care for Hole of Druaga nearly as much as the other 4 Drill Land attractions. My favorites are the World Drill Tour and Drindy Adventures.

Alien vs. Predator (arcade) - IMO it deserves a spot in the top three of Capcom's beat-em-ups. I love the OTG attacks and wall juggles you can do in this one. Shame about Capcom and 20th Century Studios not coming to an agreement to bring it into the Beat-em-up Bundle.

• Like 1

(First Game - Ongoing)
Guilty Gear Xrd: REV 2

Another first into a new series for me. I’m a HUGE fan of BlazBlue though, and GG has certainly lived up to all the hype I’ve heard about over the years.

I picked up GG XX ACore Plus on PS3 shortly afterwards, but haven’t got too far into that one just yet. Greatly looking forward to some upcoming birthday money to finally afford the Ultimate Edition of GG Strive in another month. ?

(Second Game - Brand New)

Castlevania: Advance Collection

I ended up beating Aria of Sorrow earlier today. Having so much fun, I literally could not put it down for two days solid. Starting on Dracula X tomorrow once I wake up.

This is also my first time getting to experience any of these specific entries. Never managed to find them back on the day when I still owned a GBA.

Edited by SmileSlice

On 26.10.2021 at 8:50 AM, TomataEighty9 said:

Switching between : 

Fifa 22 (ps4) - Just did all i can for now, only need 1 trophy for plat (it's unobtainable for now, waiting for EA to fix gamemode).

Fifa 21 (ps4) - Trying to clean up as many trophies as possible, since i did so well in Fifa 22. I see 2 play stoppers, but im gonna go for it, and if i can't, then i did all i could :) (at least stadium development and the trophies attached to it, seems FAR easier in this, over Fifa 22. 

Diablo 2 : Resurrected (ps4) - Have done some of the RNG based things, and now im just gonna play through the game on normal, doing as many easy trophies as possible, and then im gonna tackle the harder difficulties. Might wanna go for platinum, but damn that 99 hardcore is scary. I mean the grind alone is wild, but the possibility of wasting thousands of hours, and die right at the finish line is scary. IF i do it, im gonna sweat it offline with saving :D Don't care if it takes longer, not risking it. Bur for now, im going for everything except the 2 trophies with lvl 99. Then i see if i have the stomach for the last part of the grind. 

Games im thinking/planning of starting up again, and doing som cleaning in : 

Fifa 20 (ps4) - still have som pretty straight forward trophies left. 

South Park - Stick of Truth (ps4) - Just need to do the rest of the plat. Pretty easy and straight forward, but the missable chance trophies, scared me away last time. Gonna have a guide open, to make sure i don't miss missables. 

Red dead redemption 2 (ps4) - Still need a lot, but the plan would be to finish story while being open to finding animals i need on the way, and go for the last stranger missions i need. Then see what i need after that. Last time i played RDR2, i did a lot of challenges, found guns, found animals, so a lot of work for no trophies (needed for 100% game). I think that burned me out a little, but at least it's a lot of work done, i don't have to do later. But going back, im gonna go for story trophies and strangers, for that trophy pop :D Make me thirsty again!

Phoenix Wright Trilogy (ps4) - Just need to go through the game. Straight forward. 

That's it right now. And with the GTA trilogy - remaster coming soon, and im also looking at the new Marvels guardians of the galaxy game, i have more than enough to get done :D 

An update to this :)

Platted Fifa 22. 

Fifa 21 - I have everything done, except 1 pro club trophy, div 4, volta div 3 and Earn 2000 FUT Champions points (at around 700+). Still working and i got a pretty good team built in FUT, so im gonna keep working.  Div 4 is gonna be a pain, but im gonna keep working. Volta div 3 i hope i possible too. But let's see. 

Diablo 2 - haven't been playing this much, put too much time into Fifa and POE. 

Fifa 20 - Still need some trophies, but im gonna go back later. 

No progress on the rest. 

I started Path of Exile, and got a good chunk done with trophies. 

The main game I’m currently working on is Need For Speed: Payback, a game a semi-regret adding to my collection through PS+ purely due to how unnecessarily grinding and in some places difficult the game can be. 

Other than that I have been working on (more so reading through) Steins;Gate 0 which has been an enjoyable journey so far.

• Like 1

Alien vs. Predator (arcade) - Almost had the 1 credit clear. Damn you Alien Queen 2nd encounter. DAMN you. ? The rank/dynamic difficulty system in this makes the mook enemies start cheesing if it gets high... in which case it feels like you're fighting a swarm of mini-bosses. Then they will pop their attacks out with only 1-frame animations and suddenly tag you. Some of the in-stage encounters are actually tougher than the Mad Predator, the round 6 endboss. If you're playing Predator Warrior, your spear dive should be one of the moves you use most, as well as the short slide (down+attack) that you can set up OTGs from.

I think an HD version of this on PS4 & 5 would be worth $25 by itself, easily. I'd like to see Capcom and 20th Century cut a deal for this.

For the past few weeks I had been playing Hitman 2's legacy levels and finished all of their trophies and the first level of Hitman 2. I needed a break so decided to finally start Assassin's Creed: Origins. I like the Egyptian setting but do not like AC's new RPG/ massive open world setting. Thankfully the map is smaller than Odyssey but I will be skipping Valhalla and probably any future AC games.

I also dusted off my 3DS to play a highly recommended game series suggested by a friend, Fire Emblem. Picked up a few FE games from the library to test them out and am loving FE Fates Conquest so far. It's also nice to play a game without a trophy list being in the back of my mind.

Mr. Driller Drill Land (PS4) - My first Excellent Prize for level 2, from scoring 709.970 on World Drill Tour (just barely... EP for WDT2 takes 700.000 or better). No lives lost. If you die once, you better have a super fast clear time, since you've kissed the 50K perfect "no-miss" bonus goodbye and you're out another 30K for the lost life.

Booted up my PS3 after a long while and was greeted with a system update. Then was going to finish LittleBigPlanet 2 which I've last played in 2011.. but was greeted with 26 game updates. Today's gaming.... ?

On Switch I'm probably pretty close to the end of Monster Hunter Stories 2 which has been about as fun as the first game on 3DS. Haven't started any new games on PC after finishing Watch Dogs: Legion last week but planning to start Scarlet Nexus next via Game Pass.

Right now im working on : 

Fifa 17 - Did 2 pro club trophies, so now im down to needing head to head division title and online draft :D 

Fifa 20 - Has been standing still, but still going for cleaning up trophies, as many as possible

Fifa 21 - I did pro club since last, so now i need Volta div 3, 2000 fut champ points (around 1400-1500 now, cant remember exactly).

Black Desert - Currently grinding training, and when that is done i think i'll go over to cooking. 

Path of Exile - No progress since last, but im still planning to work on it. 

Ratchet and clank - Did the first couple of missions, gonna keep at it. 

Suikoden 2 - I played the 1st game last year, and got started on this one recently. I transferred over my perfect 108 star save from the first game, and I'm hoping to recruit all the characters in this game too, though I've already failed the optional, timed quest (didn't wanna rush for it on my first playthrough). Enjoying it so far, though it's much the same as the first game in terms of gameplay and graphics, there's definitely some improvements.

Jump Force - Decided to start this since the game and DLC are getting delisted soon, and the servers are shutting down later next year. Thought I'd see if I like it enough to buy the DLC characters and/or attempt the plat before it's too late. Thankfully, I don't. It's decent enough, I don't really understand all the hate when it's pretty much on par with J-Stars Victory Vs and almost every other Bamco arena fighting game. Maybe people were expecting more or something? Either way, it's not great, but it's entertaining enough. Had it crash on me 3 times though, all whens starting missions and it goes into the loading screen. Also had a few other glitches, but nothing game breaking so far.

Wild Arms 2 - Slightly more interesting story than the first game, so far anyway. Gameplay is on par with Wild Arms 1, which I can't fault, it's somewhat basic but has a good mix of story events, combat and puzzles (albeit rather simple ones). One thing I do absolutely hate though, is the search function. I've already spent way too much timing walking around an area, spamming the scan button trying to find a town/dungeon and make it appear on the world map, only for me to search almost the entire map, then find what I'm looking for in an area I've already searched. Dunno how anyone could think this is a good idea to implement in a JRPG.

Advance Wars 2 - I remember the Switch remakes being announced around when I was already playing the 1st game, and decided I'd just play the original 2nd game anyway, even with Switch remakes on the horizon. While, those got delayed anyway, and now I'm onto the second of the GBA Wars games. It's very similar to the first game with only a few new features and units, but it's much more enjoyable, and challenging. The first few missions weren't too bad, only encountered a few semi-difficult ones, but since starting the Green Earth continent, I've been having some difficulty. But the difficulty is part of the fun with this series. Pity we never got any of the older games in the west.

Ys VI - Much like most other Ys games, it's an enjoyable action RPG with a decent story and some great music. Not a big fan with how regaining health is implemented in this one, but I don't hate it either. Only thing I do hate is the dash jump. With a passion. I can get it right 5 times in a row, then fail miserably for what feels like 100 times in a row afterwards. After this game, the other remaining Ys games in my backlog are Ys Seven, VIII and XI. I hope to get them all complete by 2040 or something, when 5 more Ys games have probably released on top of those...

Root Double - Been slowly working my way through this, it's my last Vita game (that I care to complete that is). I'm enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would, though like a lot of VNs, it kinda suffers from retelling the same events and info over and over again, just with new stuff sprinkled in, or told from different perspectives. Definitely has some pacing issues and slightly boring sections as a result, but it's a pretty interesting read otherwise.

Way of the Samurai 4 - Well, I say I'm currently playing this, but I'm probably going to drop it, despite only starting it tonight. Like WotS3, it just simply... isn't fun. I wish I could like this series, I really do, but it's just too janky and rather boring. I could tolerate the jankiness and poor combat if the story or other aspects were actually interesting and/or enjoyable, but they're really not. I was cautious about this series for a long time because I heard a lot of polarising things about it, but bit the bullet and bought 3 and 4 earlier this year, when deciding on buying the rest of the PS3 games I always kinda had my eye on, but never bothered to buy. Kinda regret buying 'em now, they thankfully weren't too expensive anyway.

This game will be the last PS3 game I play with trophies. I do technically have other games in my PS3 backlog, but I'm never going to play/finish them, because I've either bought them for other systems since, or just simply didn't like them. Eternal Sonata is my last PS3 game other than WotS4, which doesn't have trophies, but I'm looking forward to playing it a lot more. Completed more PS3 games this year than I thought I would, now the rest of my backlog for that system is PS1 and PS2 classics.