Currently Playing?

ROBOCRIPPLE_

Spider-man: Miles Morales. Traversal and combat systems are still great, so despite not liking the character in the previous game and overall being a bit sceptical about this one, it's very fun so far. Feels more like a Marvel movie than the predecessor. Also, the length helps. Knowing that I won't have to spend 20 extra hours in an open world doing meaningless stuff just to get a plat is somewhat beneficial to the overall enjoyment of the game. 

Ape Escape. Well... Kinda playing. I didn't like the game back in the day, it was awkward to play then and even more so now. I don't mind old games, some of them I love and play to this day, but controls in old 3D games are making it difficult to like them. The potential few hour platinum in Ape Escape turned into a week of trying to want to play it and failing. 

And Tekken 7 of course. Not as much as I used to, every second or 3rd evening, which is good actually, I'm better with breaks. A very complex, at times incredibly infuriating but also satisfying game, once you get into it and understand the mechanics. 

Persona Q2 - Imma start with this since I think I mentioned it in my last post too, which I believe was around a month ago now? This is a VERY long game, which isn't surprising given the length of the first one, and I'm doing every side quest (special screening) available, as well as trying to 100% the maps since I enjoy it enough. It's one of those games where if it was on Playstation and had a plat, I'd definitely be attempting it. Very enjoyable game so far, if a little tedious at times. Playing this and the previous entry always makes me regret never buying any of the Etrian Odyssey games, as I think I'd like enjoy them even without the Persona fluff. Fingers crossed they maybe port them one day...?

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Children - Black Book - Yeah, another MegaTen game. I seem to almost always be playing at least one SMT game at any given time nowadays. Never played any of the Devil Children spin-offs games before this one. As expected, it's rather basic, and fairly easy for a SMT game. It very much feels like it's trying to be a Pokemon clone, but it still very much has a MegaTen feel to it, albeit a bit of a "childish" one. I'm having fun with it so far, it's nothing to really write home about but I think I would have loved this game as a kid.

Shantae: Half-Genie Hero - I've had this via Xbox Gold for years now. Was debating if I should even bother with this or just wait for the PS5 version that's being held up with other things in one of my several LRG orders (thinking about it, I've yet to receive a single PS5 Shantae game I've ordered from them). Decided to just play this version anyway since the Shantae games are generally pretty short, and I don't mind replaying it in a few years. As expected, it is indeed short. Think I'm about half way done already and I'm only 3 hours in. Mind you, not really bothering too much with extra shit, I'll wait for the ultimate edition for that since so much of the content aside from the main game is locked behind paid DLC in this version anyway.

Chibi-Robo!: Park Patrol - One of those games I wish I had played a lot sooner. Such an addictive little game with great graphics for its time and console (DS). This and its prequel feel like a lot of love and attention to detail were poured into it, there's just so many little things that sound inconsequential on paper, but really make the experience all the more enjoyable and memorable, such as sound effects with every step Chibi takes, to the small salinification of seeing yourself making progress bit by bit with each flower planted, and each passing day.

Main complaint would be the annoying dancing mini game, the camera isn't amazing, and the lack of a in-game clock like the previous game had, so you have to rely on the sky getting darker (and sound effects/music changing) to gauge how much time you have left in each day. The latter isn't too bad though, kind of reminds me of some Harvest Moon games I've played that don't really tell you the time (like the original SNES one if memory serves), and having to figure it out yourself is arguably part of the experience.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been obsessed with the Ni No Kuni: Cross Worlds mobile game. I've been playing the game on my PC everyday for about 6 weeks now. The gacha elements can be overkill most of the time, but I'm an FTP player; it doesn't bother me too much. Just wish the game wasn't so pay to win. I love the Studio Ghibli aesthetics though.

Tiny Tina's Wonderlands on PS5. 

Rock of Ages on PS3

Pokemon Sword on Switch with some NEW Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe on the side.

Also playing on an N64 emulator the last few days, finished Championship Mode in WCW/nWo Revenge and have moved on to playing WrestleMania 2000. As much as I've played this game since my childhood I've never played the Road to WrestleMania mode, so figured I'd finally give a shot. 

Edited by Viper
  • Like 1

Currently doing 

Maneater

Life is strange 2

star ocean first departure r

Star ocean i started because of a site event so once i finish the other 2 its all im probably gonna play for a week or 2 as the former 2 games im to far into them to quit(life is strange i need 3 episodes and maneater i just need 3 more regions and the dlc).

• Like 1

Still grinding Gems of War. But slowed down a little. Can't keep going at that pace. Too grindy.... 

Im also playing FIFA 15 on VITA, and im 2 trophies away from Platinum. Trying to get it done before im cancelling my social life for a couple months, when FIFA 23 hits the streets :D 

Since i've played every FIFA since 1997 (it's been the most constant hobby/thing in my life, and i used to get them every year for my birthday, from my dad), and 23 is gonna be the last installment, i've decided to go ALL IN, and sink some ridiculous hours, and a good bit of grind and money into it :) One last time!

Looking forward to seeing how EA handles the switch to "EA Sports FC", from FIFA. I hope the formula is the same, and just new branding and some new thoughts :) 

• Like 2

Nioh (PS5) - I've finished the 3rd DLC (Bloodshed's End) main missions. After this you unlock some postgame content, including the Great Tournament where you take on 100 enemies with no Kodama shrine in sight.

Midnight Resistance (arcade) - Finished it with no continues and saved everyone before going to the last boss.

Chrono Trigger (Nintendo DS version, the best way to experience it I hear) on Nintendo 3DS. It hasn't been an exaggeration when people say it's one of the greatest JRPGs of all time. I think I'm nearing the end of the game. 
Even though I had somewhat high expectations, I went in with some caution thinking that people are viewing the game through nostalgia-tinted glasses. I'm happy to say the classic holds up super well aside from a couple of small nitpicks I have. The sprite work and art direction are wonderful, music is great, characters are well-designed, story is interesting and well-paced and game design is spot on. 

Also playing a bunch of games on PC (mainly Touhou Mystia's Izakaya) and Variable Barricade on Switch. Recently finished Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim on PC too. I wish they still made games like that.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Gravitar Recharged (PS5) - Two more missions to go.

Fractalus (PC) - Fly over the planet Fractalus looking for downed space pilots, while fighting off enemy laser turrets and kamikaze saucers. The planet's mountains are rendered with fractal geometry. This has some nice flight physics and TOD effects. It's a freeware remake of Lucasfilm Games' Rescue on Fractalus with current gen graphics and high FPS.

GTA : San Andreas(PC). Been going through the 3-D era of GTA games. Finished VIce CIty yesterday and stared SA.

Splinter Cell: Blacklist(Ps3) with the servers going down I fiugre it be a good time to pick it up and have fun.

Dragon Quest 11 S (ps4) had this for way to long without playing it thogh IDK if I will keep at it consisnently. I did beat the original version. One of my favorite RPGS. Will also probably start Dragons Dogma for a replay today (ps4)