Currently Playing?

ROBOCRIPPLE_

I started Tales of the Abyss officially last night. The 3DS version. It's the most recent version. I have to admit... this game is great so far and I'm only 3 hours in so far. Mieu is probably the cutest damn Tales of mascot I've seen in the whole damn franchise thus far. Story is fantastic so far as well. In the end though... there's only 2 major problems that I can see right now that's really holding this game back for me... 1, Luke is the jerkiest MC I've ever seen (but I'm aware that this changes eventually. Can't wait to see that) and 2, this game is stuck on what I would call 'out of date' consoles at this point. PS2 and 3DS. That's about the only things holding it back for me that I don't think I'll be able to confidently overcome. ?

• Like 1

On 8/12/2022 at 2:02 AM, Nightstream88 said:

Playstation 4
Fall Guys- Close to Achieving Crown rank 30
Aeterna Noctis
Persona 5 Strikers
Klonoa
Okami
Stray
Lost Epic
Sword & Fairy 6
Judgment
Blue Reflection
Phantom Breaker Omnia
Minoria
Elden Ring
Relayer

Nintendo Switch
Digimon Survive
Fire Emblem Three Hopes
Xenoblade Chronicles 3
Pokemon Legends Arceus
Azure Striker Gunvolt 3
Coromon
Aria Chronicle
Rune Factory 5
Death's Door
Digimon Cyber Sleuth
Death's Gambit
Ikenfell
Disjunction

Other 
Pokemon Go- Currently at level 49- Sort of, got 2 more Platinum Medals
But kind of been stalling it a bit just to see if Mega Lucario ever comes out.

Holy crap that's a lot of games to be playing at once! How do you keep track of everything? I can't play more than about 5 or 6 games at a time,  otherwise I'd forget how to play or lose interest in the games.

As for me, my current games are:

Horizon Forbidden West (PS5)

Kirby and the Forgotten Land (Switch)

Live A Live (Switch)

Blasphemous (PC)

Gloomhaven (PC)

Nioh 2 (PS5) - I've finished the main story missions in the first region, but there is some unfinished business I want to take care of first before moving on.

Cyberpunk 2077 (PC) - Just got back into it. The 1.52 patch has made some good changes. I had a little trouble getting it to start until I shut off the GOG Galaxy in-game features. BTW, this is also looking good on PS5.

TMNT: Shredder's Revenge - Been having a lot of fun with this one since I'm a fan of TMNT and the game itself is fantastic. The levels, visuals, and gameplay are all great.

Stray - There's been lots of buzz surrounding it and since I'm a fan of cats, I had to check it out. Haven't progressed much but so far it's good.

• 2 weeks later...

Been focusing on Shiren the Wanderer since it's been in my backlog forever. I admire people who manage to play multiple games at once! I've tried a couple of times, but I find I always end up going back to one only. I'm finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel with Shiren. I never thought I'd get so close to completion! Makes me wish they'd re-release (and localize) more entries because clearly, I enjoy dying a whole lot and losing all my stuff (good ol' rogue-like games).

I've started playing the Free Trial of FF XIV a month ago, and so far I've been enjoying tremendously, still not tired of it, this is bad for my trophy cabinet as I won't get any trophies haha.

Tony Hawk is the other game I'm playing when I'm a little burn out of FF.

Been a while since I posted here I think, here's what's currently been keeping me busy:

Shenmue 3 - Dear Lord... People weren't kidding when they said this game was painfully boring and mediocre. I've suffered worse mind you, if it was truly awful I would have dropped it by now, but it isn't exceedingly enjoyable either. Considering the series is likely dead again after this entry, it feels like there's no point in its existence. It's kinda sad to think that in 2 decades, we've had 3 Shenmue games and all that's really happened is Ryo has driven around some forklifts and caught some chickens. Obviously I'm oversimplifying it, but it doesn't feel like the story has progressed anywhere near as much as you'd think it would over 3 20-30 long entries.

Grandia 3 - I'm not sure which is more boring out of the two games I'm currently playing with 3 in the title, this or Shenmue. It's definitely a step down from the first two Grandias, which is saying something considering Grandia 2 already felt like a step down from 1 (mind you, I haven't played Xtreme). A lot of the areas, I can just put the game on auto-battle and just let it do it's own thing, only really needing to take control when things get dicey or once the battles are over. The boss fights are considerably harder at least, but it's also one of those JRPGs where simply fighting all the enemies that appear on the map in each area isn't enough, and I've had to grind, which is something I rarely enjoy.

The story ain't too interesting, the characters ain't too interesting, the areas ain't too interesting, and there's a little too much backtracking. The combat isn't bad, but feels a bit lacking compared to the previous entries for some reason.

Tales of the Abyss - My quest to battle through my neglected DS/3DS backlog continues, and this was next on the agenda. I've only just started it, but first impressions are good. Luke is probably the most insufferable Tales Of protagonist so far, but I have a feeling he'll get some good character development - his punchable-ness feels deliberate and purposeful (unlike a lot of anime protags, unfortunately...), hopefully I'm correct in my assumption, but if not, I can deal. Gameplay wise it's similar to other Tales games of its era. The lack of audio in the skits is a little jarring, would have been nice if there was an option for Japanese audio since I imagine they're voiced there (that was the case in Symphonia anyway), but I can forgive it for a 3DS game - they likely couldn't fit it on the cart.

Steins;Gate My Darling's Embrace - Been slowly making my way through this. It's about what I expected, a Steins;Gate fanservice game. Doesn't really add much of substance to the overall universe of the Science Adventure games but I would have been a fool to think it would. Isn't really much to say about it, it's enjoyable enough and genuinely funny at times. I'm surprised that they (spoiler) 

Spoiler

had Ruka remain male for his route, was sure they were gonna make it the alternate timeline where he was born female. I still don't really even know what to make of Ruka after all these years, I guess their character is a product of its time.

Corpse Party: Sweet Sachiko's Hysteric Birthday Bash - Yet another fanservice game, not sure what it is that keeps drawing me to these. It's been such a long time since I played any of the mainline Corpse Party games that I've kinda forgotten who a few of the characters are, but reading brief summaries for them has mostly jogged my memory (aside from Inumaru, he was in Blood Drive apparently but I honestly don't remember him at all. Maybe he's just that forgettable). It's decent so far, also genuinely funny at times, cringey at other times, and kinda just makes me wish the series got some new games instead of them re-releasing the first game for the billionth time all the time.

Harvest Moon Back to Nature - Was debating just not bothering with this since the remake on Switch/PS4 released, but decided to go ahead and play it anyway since I never finished it in childhood. It's fun so far, about what I'd expect of a Harvest Moon game, especially an old one. Much more enjoyable than Harvest Moon 64 at least (fight me).

Edited by Raidou Kuzunoha XIV
  • Like 2

I'm going to post my overall thoughts here since it was a game that didn't have trophies unfortunately. Probably never will because Bamco doesn't give a shit. Anyway...

I finished Tales of Abyss. Yeah... I can't let the fact that this game is stuck on 'out of date' consoles hold it back. Seriously. I can't. It was the best god damn Tales of game I've ever played. No questions asked. It wasn't even close honestly. God damn AMAZING from start to finish. Best god damn character development for the entire party I've seen in a very long time. It might even be better than some Final Fantasy mainline games I've played. They need to port this again. No questions asked. Period. 3DS is closing next year so there's no excuse anymore. I can't praise this game enough honestly. I can't. Luke is now my favorite Tales of MC and again it's not even close. If you can find a way to play this game... DO SO. You won't regret it. IMO. I guess. Whatever.

Also here's my updated Tales of list for those who want it:
Abyss
Berseria
Graces f
Symphonia
Zestiria
Symphonia 2
Vesperia

• Like 2

7 hours ago, SelectiveGamer said:

I'm going to post my overall thoughts here since it was a game that didn't have trophies unfortunately. Probably never will because Bamco doesn't give a shit. Anyway...

I finished Tales of Abyss. Yeah... I can't let the fact that this game is stuck on 'out of date' consoles hold it back. Seriously. I can't. It was the best god damn Tales of game I've ever played. No questions asked. It wasn't even close honestly. God damn AMAZING from start to finish. Best god damn character development for the entire party I've seen in a very long time. It might even be better than some Final Fantasy mainline games I've played. They need to port this again. No questions asked. Period. 3DS is closing next year so there's no excuse anymore. I can't praise this game enough honestly. I can't. Luke is now my favorite Tales of MC and again it's not even close. If you can find a way to play this game... DO SO. You won't regret it. IMO. I guess. Whatever.

Also here's my updated Tales of list for those who want it:
Abyss
Berseria
Graces f
Symphonia
Zestiria
Symphonia 2
Vesperia

Good to hear Tales of the Abyss is a great game! I got it for 3DS this year but haven't played it yet. It's not available digitally in Europe (not sure about North America), so the upcoming eShop closure doesn't really affect it. 3DS is such a great console, it's sad to see support for it dwindle. Haven't played other Tales of games yet aside from briefly trying out Vesperia on PC GamePass.

As for what I'm playing currently: too many games. I've slid into the gaming ADHD territory again. 

Golden Sun: The Lost Age (Wii U) 

Easy Come Easy Golf (the new game by Clap Hanz, Switch) 

Star Ocean: First Departure R (Switch) 

Touhou Mystia's Izakaya (PC) 

Shin chan: Me and the Professor on Summer Vacation (Switch) 

Pokémon Picross (3DS) 

StreetPass Garden (3DS) 

+ the daily Jump Rope Challenge, Fitness Boxing and Fitness Boxing 2 (Switch) 

I'm also in the middle of Yakuza 5 Remastered on PC but got bored with Saejima's chapters and haven't felt like picking up the game again.

Souls hacker 2 - ps4 on ps5. So as a fan of the original game back in the day this story is pretty slow and from what I've experienced so far not really as dark. I've been waiting forever for another Devil Summoner game though so I can't really complain. Both devil summoner and soul hackers are the 2 games that really got me seriously into jrpgs. I honestly studied my ass off learning how to read allot of this and I guess it paid off in the long run.

Dark Souls 3 - ps4 on ps5. Only a few trophies left but it's been so long I have to finish my current round which I think is NG++ just to re-learn my surroundings. Seems to run pretty good on the PS5. 

COD Cold War Multiplayer on ps5 or xbsx - imo the only playable cod in the last few years. Lobbies are still active and I live in Australia where we have a population of 100 people so I guess they all own this. Some PC hackers but well duh, stupid ass MW2 beta was hacked day one.

Just got the platinum on lords of the fallen, what a wonderful, underrated game that was. I'm ruined now, I played it about 5 months ago and couldn't get into it, so deleted it. I then recently played the surge 2 and platinumed that and adored it, then found out deck 13 also made lords, so out of respect I decided to give it another shot, and I'm glad I did, it's a 3 playthrough platinum but the game plays differently enough with each buld that it's worth doing, well it was for me anyway. Now I need to decide what to play next, my last 3 plats have been the surge 2, remnant from the ashes and lords of the fallen so maybe I'll take a break from souls like games and go for something different.