PS5 With disc or without?

waltdisneypixar

PS5 With disc or without?   

1,257 members have voted

1. 1. PS5 With disc or without?

13 hours ago, djb5f said:

4-5 times as much for digital?  In the States this is not true.  Some you find cheaper physical but many you find cheaper digital on flash/weekly sales, and it often contains the season pass which the physical does not (unless you pay a lot more).

I am definitely getting with disc but I am surprised that so many say physical is so much cheaper.  Maybe they are talking about used game market.

Yes, used game and resale market. Something that isn’t available with digital. I very rarely buy games for more than £10 overall, if I were to get them digitally it could be 4-5 times that (or more). Even with digital sales it will still be multiple times the price to go digital.

My plan: 

Due to Covid I won't be able to afford the PS5 maybe.. 

But will get the PS5 with optical drive asap. 

Learned my lesson from the PS3 and will buy DLC's for the games that I'm not going to buy right away, but interested in. So I don't screw myself over in the future and can't play a game cause you can't get a 100% due to not having the DLC like Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2.

Since none of the launch PS5 games interest me and I never bought a PS4. I'll be buying the PS5 to play PS4 games. I just don't want to deal with the PS4's overheating and jet fighter engine noise.. Plus the Pro doesn't even have a 4K Blu-ray drive. 

But, yeah.. optical till they force me to go digital only. 

Disc version, since I could just buy preowned games at a cheaper cost rather than shell out 60$ on a game I might not even like, or wait until a sale for said game happens that would match the preowned physical. I hate to sound like a cheapskate, but digital-only is really unappealing since digital games stay full price for so long.

Of course, without the disc!

Reasons:
1) I'm digital-only for a few years now. I'm used to it. It's comfortable. I would never go back.
2) I'm never coming back to play the old games.
3) I was never re-selling the games, renting them, trading them, or buying them second-hand at the time I was using physical copies.
4) I don't really care about the price of the game as long the game is good.
5) I don't have many physical games left. When I decided to go all-digital, I took most of them, traded them for PSN credit, and bought a few new digital games.

6) I don't have any physical disc movies nor use the console to play movies anyway. 
7) The console is sexier without the disc drive.

Edit: This thread makes me happy. If PS5 happens to be a limited supply, I don't think the disc-less version would be the one out of stock ?

Edited by BloodyRutz
  • Like 2

On 8/19/2020 at 7:32 AM, The_Mighty_Ducks said:

I'll be buying the PS5 to play PS4 games. I just don't want to deal with the PS4's overheating and jet fighter engine noise.. Plus the Pro doesn't even have a 4K Blu-ray drive. 

I don't want to go off-topic, but if you buy the latest revision of PS4 Pro, a jet fighter engine is not an issue.

Source: I have two PS4s Pro. The launch edition and the latest revision. It is a night and day difference. The latest revision is completely quiet, no matter the game or temperature in the room. I'm playing exclusively on the latest revision for the last year solely because of this.

Edited by BloodyRutz

• 3 weeks later...

With the disk, I don't see any reason to go digital only when you can still buy digital games.
But I feel like digital only is a insane rip off. Every game on the PS store is more expensive. Last of us 2 was £59.99 and I got it for £35! I saved £25, had it delivered two days before and sold it on for £45 after beating it.

I just can't imagine buying a console where you can't play a game your friend lends you, a game you find in the sale, a game somebody buys you for Christmas and then not being able to cancel your order if the reviews are bad or sell the game on if you'll never play it again.

Fenyx rising £45 online, £60 on the PS store. £55 for the gold edition online or £85 on the PS store.
Cyberpunk, £45 online £55 on PS store.
Hitman 3 £45 vs £55 on the store.
Assassins creed Valhalla Ultimate £70 online or £91 on the PS store.

Literally every game on the PS store preorder page I can find £10/£20 cheaper with a 5second google search. I just don't see the point saving £100 on a console when in 8 years I'm going to save thousands buying/swapping/trading disks.

Edited by Stevieboy
unnecessary comments
  • Like 2