Official PS4 Launch Day Thread

McJacs2

94 members have voted

1. 1. When are you getting your PS4?

• Midnight launch, I don't care about sleep!
    • In the morning or afternoon, I need my beauty sleep.
    • Late afternoon or evening, stupid work/school…
    • Whenever the delivery truck comes.
    • Later 2013 (comment when)
    • 2014 sometime
    • 2015-PS5 announcement

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2014 sometime

My reason is simply becuase im still enjoying my ps3 & vita. I have a massive backlog of games im still yet to exsperiance and its always growing thanks to plus. Ive listed all the games that intrest me on the ps3 and im slowley buying my way through the list (about 14 or so games left to buy) including upcoming releases. Those that are being released on both the PS3 &4 I will hold off and buy for the PS4. Gives me time to save, gives time for any issues and kinks to get worked out software or hardware wise and it avoids most of the...... "unwanted crowds" ...  Dont know how to explain that....  :hmm: 

I tend to be a few months behind those that play day one because more likely than not now days theres day 1 DLC etc. Wait a few months and there a complete edition or something similar that contains all or most of the DLC so its cheaper and those that tend to be on multi player for the most part are those that stick around because they like to play the game and are invested in it as appose to those that dont care so much about playing the game as there quickly moving onto the next one once the novelty has worn off so to speak. Make sense? lOl 

Can't believe how many people on this site are saying something other than launch day!

Y'all are members of a playstation centric trophy website, how can you not buy it at launch?! :S

2014 sometime 

My reason is simply becuase im still enjoying my ps3 & vita. I have a massive backlog of games im still yet to exsperiance and its always growing thanks to plus. Ive listed all the games that intrest me on the ps3 and im slowley buying my way through the list (about 14 or so games left to buy) including upcoming releases. Those that are being released on both the PS3 &4 I will hold off and buy for the PS4.

Makes total sense, and actually im in exactly the same boat, got a backlog of about 50 games still less than 100%, but I cant stomach the idea of the PS4 being out there and not having one :) I'll still have my PS3 hooked up for the first year or so though, so the backlog dont bother me much, there are bound to be periods of drought with decent PS4 games. Plus, Dark Souls 2 is PS3 only!

It just blows my mind when people say they dont want to buy it because they are waiting for a price drop. They've had 7 years to get the cash together! And what you are getting for the price looks to be excellent.

It just blows my mind when people say they dont want to buy it because they are waiting for a price drop. They've had 7 years to get the cash together! And what you are getting for the price looks to be excellent.

Nope not so much a price drop just a bit more for my money and fingers crossed a few more bundle options. Although the Option 3) £449.99 – PlayStation 4, Killzone: Shadowfall, PS Eye & extra DualShock 4 Bundle at GAME looks mighty tempting waiting that extra while might give me more options on game choices or deals etc. That and I need a new TV lol and YUP im kicking myself every time I see the GTA V trailer on TV as I had plenty of warning but was too cheap to pre order it and now im suffering.... Cant find it anywhere in shops  :shakefist:  Learnt my lesson with that one!

• 1 month later...

In the morning or afternoon, but that's because we have to take a roadtrip to pick it up. We reserved it at Best Buy as soon as we could, but then we moved out of the city that we lived in when we reserved it about a month ago. For some reason Best Buy won't move our reservation to the one in our present location, so we got to drive about three hours south to pick ours up, and I'm not about drive home three more hours after a midnight release or spend cash on a hotel. So we'll drive down the next morning, pick it up, grab some lunch somewhere, then head back home that afternoon.