Ps4-5 upgrades

syn1905

If you mean games that come out on PS4 and get an improved graphics upgrade and whatever else then no they very likely won’t have a seperate trophy list. Just look at what happened going from PS3 to PS4. Unless a game gets remastered for PS5 they will most likely share a trophy list with the PS4 version.

37 minutes ago, DividedByMankind said:

Werent they free uppgrades from ps3 to ps4? 

$10 upgrades, if my memory serves.

https://blog.playstation.com/2013/09/19/how-to-upgrade-select-ps3-games-to-their-ps4-versions/

Solely with physical copies, and by using those physical copies while playing the next-gen version, no less.

Edited by Apollo
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Apollo said:

$10 upgrades, if my memory serves.

https://blog.playstation.com/2013/09/19/how-to-upgrade-select-ps3-games-to-their-ps4-versions/

Solely with physical copies, and by using those physical copies while playing the next-gen version, no less.

Oh yeah, you are right, now i remember it ?

5 hours ago, syn1905 said:

You think the games that get free upgrades to ps5 will have seperate trophy lists?

If it’s a separate sku it’s possible. The backward compatibility of the PS5 means by default they’ll have one list. If the release a patch to utilize the features of the PS5 hardware, no, there will be no separate trophy list. 

• 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, arcanehornet_ said:

Personally I'd love to re-plat my favourite games on next gen.

I think it really depends on the game. There are examples of games released on PS4 sharing trophy sets with Vita games released years prior to their port and there are games that introduce new separate trophy sets. 

I guess we will have to wait and see case by case.

If it's essentially the same game just ported to the new console, probably not.  Because a lot of PS3 games that were simply released as well on the PS4 (or Vita) didn't get separate trophy lists.

A publisher typically has to put in some amount of work re-mastering or something, to differentiate the two versions of the game if they're going to want a separate trophy list.  If they don't, if they simply do a little bit of work so they can cash grab for a new generation?  That doesn't merit anything.

Let’s make this clear shall we?! If you mean by PS5 version: the backward compatibility Version then no, it’s basically the same game and same trophy list working on a new console, and this mean you can actually unlock the remaining trophies you haven’t earned on ps4. However, if you mean PS5 enhanced version of ps4 games then probably new trophy list, maybe not all games maybe all games, it’s all speculations for now, it may also depends on the developers.