Fall/Winter 2020-2021 Backlog Challenge

18 hours ago, AuroraHistoire said:

I also completed Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma. It's a bloody little game where you solve escape room puzzles, then make decisions that may or may not get everyone killed. It was okay.

You had completed Nine Nine Nine & Virtue's Last Reward beforehand, right? or was it just that bland?

3 hours ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

Time for an update! For some reason I thought I had added an opening update already, but I actually don't think I have any concept of time anymore this year. I wonder if this is how Dr. Who feels, only a less cooler version of that. I added Life is Strange 2 to my list as it's been a nice palette cleanser for my new obsession with Marvel's Avengers.

Really enjoying reading everyones updates so far, thanks for making my morning coffee really fun and enjoyable :) 

1. Marvel’s Avengers: 0% > 56%
  2. Life is Strange 2: 0% > 13%
  3. Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning
  4. The Dark Pictures Anthology: Little Hope
  5. Watch Dogs: Legion
  6. Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
  7. Cyberpunk 2077

========

Marvel's Avengers

So far I have absolutely adored Marvel's Avengers. I enjoyed the story campaign and there were definite wow! moments, but after going through the whole thing - I think they could have put a bit more time into it and the character development. When the credits rolled I came away with two thoughts - [1] Ms. Marvel is such an amazingly crafted character and [2] I wish they had put more into developing the other Avengers in the story. It was a fun enjoyable story in my book, but it didn't fully realise it's potential by the time it came to an end. They also put a tonne of polish on the opening game sequences and the closing game sequences and there was a bit more of a jank factor in the middle. But I guess you could also argue that the opening and closing were both pretty much giant set-pieces and so would look like that naturally.

Story aside, where the game really really shines for me is a combination of how the game handles character progression & combat. Both of which are really well designed in my opinion. Once you leave the main story behind and hit the endgame and start opening up the repeatable, daily and weekly missions & challenges that's when the gameplay loops kick in. I think it's also the point where people will either keep playing because they dig that gameplay or move on to something else. 

For me this is a game that i'll be playing for a long time and i'm already working towards maxing out all currently playable characters with Gear Score, Hero Card and Character level progress.

========

Life is Strange 2

I'm approaching this like a Saturday morning TV show and trying to knock out one episode every weekend. So far i'm really enjoying it and I've been on quite a journey already even though we are only a couple of episodes in. It's near-identical to Life is Strange in terms of gameplay which puts all the focus on how the story progresses and where it goes from here. So far i've been completely invested from the opening and i'm looking forward to what happens next

========

Look after yourselves everyone and see you in the next update :) 

I may actully consider giving Anvengers a buy in the near future.

Its made by the modern Tomb Raider Devs, so I asume the gameplay is soild.

Or least the way you explain makes it sound so.

Edited by Wild-Arms-R
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Wild-Arms-R said:

I may actully consider giving Anvengers a buy in the near future.

Its made by the modern Tomb Raider Devs, so I asume the gameplay is soild.

Or least the way you explain makes it sound so.

Its.... Something.

Its a 4/10 game ATM that SHOULD be a 9/10.

I'd honestly wait a couple of months and make sure Crystal Dynamics fixes the issues and actually carries on with their plans. 

The Campaign is really really fun and the combat is fluid AF.... As long as theres only like 2 enemies in front of you.

The matchmaking is currently busted (And for a game that relies heavily on matchmaking) which makes it pretty unfun unless you have a specific group of 4 that have similar goals. The few people ive added from this site have all been people trying to rush every single thing and for me, thats not what i want out of this game.

The gameplay aspect behind the loot grind like Crispy said is very enjoyable, as long as you enjoy those Diablo3 loot crawlers. Its basically do the same missions and hope for better gear, which i find enjoyable. 

So yeah, i'd honestly wait a month or 2, maybe for it to go on sale etc. (Also, if you plan to get a PS5 early, maybe wait until then because the loading screens are a painnnn in the butt)

• Like 4

Is it still possible for me to join? I’m only 10 days late :P (sorry). I wasn’t able to sign up for the summer challenge and kind of let everything slide, but I’ve found some new inspiration. If it’s too late to join I understand. I’ll wait with posting a list until I’m sure I can join.

• Like 1