Whiteboyz banned by Sony?!?

1 hour ago, Helyx said:

Back in my day, we could only triple-plat Demon's Souls, and that's the way we liked it. It wasn't much, but it was honest gamin'.

1 hour ago, melodicmizery said:

back in 2006-2007 we didnt have trophies, we played for fun.

How old are you guys?

I was alive and well back in 2006 - 2007. I'm not some college kid who just stumbled upon a video game for the first time.

8 hours ago, NordicSaiyan said:

Wow this is not a good position in general not only with Sony or games...

Why? If Sony ban something not banned by the actual law of the country it was accessed in (and I’m talking censorship here, not because it’s full of bugs that could crash their system somehow, for example) then fuck them.

edit: just looked up the game and doesn’t seem like any reason to ban it. It was apparently a free game (in order to advertise a music album it seems) so maybe it just wasn’t worth renewal or something.

Edited by thefourfoldroot

1 hour ago, Martain2 said:

A title like that on a game like this in the Whiteboyz with Attitude forum? You're fishing for controversy there mate.

That's the point of clickbait lol- it's not about integrity, it's about those precious views. Most gaming journalism centers around it nowadays, sadly.

6 hours ago, thefourfoldroot said:

Why? If Sony ban something not banned by the actual law of the country it was accessed in (and I’m talking censorship here, not because it’s full of bugs that could crash their system somehow, for example) then fuck them.

edit: just looked up the game and doesn’t seem like any reason to ban it. It was apparently a free game (in order to advertise a music album it seems) so maybe it just wasn’t worth renewal or something.

Not be cause you can't rant or be upset with that (is normal if you don't agree with whatever happened) but more be cause you don't know reasons at all of why Sony did it or even as I said could be a bug and they only have to fix it.

I mean I don't see very good sending people/companies to FU#$% them self before you know what is really going on that's all.

54 minutes ago, NordicSaiyan said:

Not be cause you can't rant or be upset with that (is normal if you don't agree with whatever happened) but more be cause you don't know reasons at all of why Sony did it or even as I said could be a bug and they only have to fix it.

I mean I don't see very good sending people/companies to FU#$% them self before you know what is really going on that's all.

That’s why I said “whenever” it happens, in the comment to which you were replying, and stated I don’t know about this game specifically. It’s a position of principle, that’s all.

Edited by thefourfoldroot

On 8/10/2020 at 3:15 AM, Spaz said:

How old are you guys?

I was alive and well back in 2006 - 2007. I'm not some college kid who just stumbled upon a video game for the first time.

dude im fucking with you and joking around just like helyx was lol, i see you on the forums all the time  i'm well aware youve been around by your 6,000 posts lol

im 39 if you want to know my age. my first real game was throwing a stick to a dog. after that it was intellivision 

• Like 3

I wonder if the fact that it was removed as soon as they released paid DLC is significant. I believe it's easier to claim fair use if you're not profiting. That $1.50 or whatever for the DLC may have been just enough to change the standing of the game from a legal standpoint.

Either way, very unlikely this game will make a return, IMO. Someone brought up 1000 Top Rated as an example of a game that was supposed to return "shortly."

8 hours ago, The_Mighty_Ducks said:

Can someone explain to me what happened?

Did they take it down cause the name is too similar to N.W.A.? And they sent a cease and desist order, forcing the publisher and PSN to take it down?

That's like the most logical thing I can think of. 

Not possible. Parody is covered, Sony is very familiar with that thanks to The Interview.

• Like 1