Your approach (DLC trophies)

trophynerd122

Is anyone else missing their maxed out characters and weapons in grounded+? I loaded the save file where I got the plat, i.e. maxed out everything, started NG+ on grounded in the main menu and realized that I am missing upgrades (the ones I did in the first NG+ for the plat). Is there an option where you can choose based on which save file you want to enter NG+?

32 minutes ago, Alex_R-13 said:

Is anyone else missing their maxed out characters and weapons in grounded+? I loaded the save file where I got the plat, i.e. maxed out everything, started NG+ on grounded in the main menu and realized that I am missing upgrades (the ones I did in the first NG+ for the plat). Is there an option where you can choose based on which save file you want to enter NG+?

There is no NG++ in these games, just NG+, so by starting a second NG+ you are starting the NG+ over, not continuing the previous NG+.

you therefore will have the upgrades you had at the start of NG+ the first time, not at the end of it.

• Like 2

So you can play these modes on NG+, with accessibility options? Well, that kind of trivializes things. ?

I'm most concerned with the Abby half of game: specifically, falling off of balance beams and getting caught by Rat King's nonsense grabs. These were responsible for the majority of my deaths in past playthroughs.

I am doing two playthroughs for sure. However, I think I am going to wait until PS5 to go back for the 100% after an upgrade patch. I like the game and didn't have the same issues with the story a lot of others have, but I was feeling burnt out on the game just going through a second run for the collectibles and upgrades to earn the platinum. I just can't see myself doing two more playthroughs right now and not hating the game afterwards for asking for it. 

47 minutes ago, Alex_R-13 said:

They removed certain weapon and supplement upgrades in grounded mode I believe. 

Welp, i started a new game by fresh to go for the Permadeath trophy even though i completed it on NG+, looking at the game that i’m playing right now and it shows that i dont have my weapons and training manuals maxed out. does this mean i have to collect and max them out again or is the maxed out weapons and manuals already saved for the NG+?

9 hours ago, Alex_R-13 said:

I will do Grounded + permadeath (with the easiest chapter setting) at the same time. On grounded, you can still activate all accessibility combat options (most importantly invisibility while prone). With that, you can sprint through all human encounters and lay down for a second in case you're spotted and immediately loose the enemies. This makes the only hard parts of the game the bloater and the rat king fight. Start this on NG+ and you even have maxed out weapons and characters (if you have the plat).

Taking a long break from PS4 and saw these DLC'S and thank you very much for this comment. That's all I needed to know. Basically grounded will be a joke this way

14 minutes ago, CESVR-1 said:

Welp, i started a new game by fresh to go for the Permadeath trophy even though i completed it on NG+, looking at the game that i’m playing right now and it shows that i dont have my weapons and training manuals maxed out. does this mean i have to collect and max them out again or is the maxed out weapons and manuals already saved for the NG+?

See the post above. Basically, you cannot start a game with everything maxed out because there's no NG++.

I think the people doing grounded and permadeath to save time for the trophies are making a mistake. it will be faster to just do two playthroughs.

I'm playing grounded, on new game, and will be playing it like I did my first playthrough, I plan on watching the cutscenes again and reading the artifacts i come across.

my permadeath playthrough will be per chapter, on very light, I'm not interested in the mode but want to get 100%. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Misshandlad said:

Probably not the answer you are looking for but:

I'm probably gonna leave them alone and wait until I'm sure ND won't add any other NG+ or NG++++++ trophies.

Refuse to do another like Days Gone where you play for trophies, just for them to add even more trophies resulting in too many playthroughs.

Yeah, I'll wait too for a bit. Just to play it safe. No multiplayer trophies so I can do later. God knows, I have a huge backlog to get through. 

• Like 1

I just started the Permadeath Chapter Select on Very Light+, just going to skip cutscenes and get to the point. Then I'll start my Grounded run after, no way am I going to do Grounded with Permadeath, especially against The Rat King, I don't have the patience and would probably take me longer overall.

10 hours ago, HusKy said:

Gonna go for NG+ Grounded + Permadeath mode per chapter + all collectibles + finish upgrades.

All I need to know is if collectibles are saved immediately after pick up.

I have now reconsidered.

I checked my TLoU1 Grounded stats - I died 250 times and the game was shorter.

Splitting these trophies will be the way to go for me for sure.

46 minutes ago, HusKy said:

See the post above. Basically, you cannot start a game with everything maxed out because there's no NG++.

i didn’t mean NG++. i already had everything maxed out on NG+ but i decided to go for the trophy as if i was playing for the first time by starting a fresh game. are you saying that upgraded weapons is not available on an permadeath playthrough even with NG+?

Just started Grounded on new game, wanted to have a fresh run. But before I get too far, does anyone have confirmation on whether or not "abusing" the accessibility options will void the trophy? Game's great but I don't want to be totally burnt out halfway through the Permadeath run cause of an unnecessary playthrough. I've already done 2 playthroughs, don't want to accidentally do 5 total.

• Like 1

Permadeath can be completed through chapter select?

Doesn't make much sense to me... What kinda of "perma" is that? I mean, you could back up your save after each chapter and bypass it but it's kinda weird that you are allowed to do one chapter at a time in the first place.

Edited by Kiyan-13

I have a question here : Can you still obtain the trophies with the cheats activated (infinite ammo, one shot kill, etc...)? I've already done 2 Playthrough on this game on survival so i think i will try to minimize my time to obtain those trophies. Any ideas about that?

Edited by PillsOfDarkness

6 minutes ago, PillsOfDarkness said:

I have a question here : Can you still obtain the trophies with the cheats activated (infinite ammo, one shot kill, etc...)? I've already done 2 Playthrough on this game on survival so i think i will try to minimize my time to obtain those trophies. Any ideas about that?

You can't activate infinite ammo, one shot kill etc. on grounded. But maybe there is an workaround , like in uncharted where you could activate the tweaks on brutal even if it wasn't allowed on the first brutal/crushing playthrough.

• Like 1