Easy Platinum Exploit

APCGrayLocked

2 hours ago, APCGrayLocked said:

First of all, yes, there must be something valuable on the table for something to be considered a competition. You talking about the prizes, but those prizes have no effective value, only personal (but we are discussing objectively here). As for the kid part, never done that, so i can't respond you on that topic. For Sony, no they implemented them because the people wanted them, not because Sony itself wanted. Microsoft introduced this feature on Xbox360 and it was so popular that people wanted Sony to porting them and only in 2009 we finally received them, along with the Platinum Trophy. It's for this that the titles pre-2009 are trophyless (like Call of Duty 3, for example).

I know that achievement/trophy system was something that was implemented later. Anyway, switch Sony with Microsoft but my point remains the same.

And finally... competition is not healthy. It's for this that i never "raced" to reach the top of the leaderboard in my country. Competition puts on yourself only the pressure to win. On the other hand, challenge yourself to improve your skills for yourself... that is healthy.

That is what I meant. Pushing yourself to improve you skill is competing with yourself. It's the same thing in my eyes.

That's my defect, sorry (using the caps lock to give more importance to the words). For the rest, you don't feel the need, but i feel the need, because i'm interested in them all, and not because of the trophies, but because of the games themselves, their gameplay, their story, and their soundtrack. So, spending less time on one game to spend it on another one or spend it in real life to do some important stuff.. i do it.

Ok, I understand.

And that's the point. All of you consider the trophy system something that in reality, doesn't mean anything. There's a reason why the normal gamers, don't give a shit about the trophies and are more interested in the no damage runs or speedruns. For the maturity reference, only a mature person can split the trophy hunting from normal gaming. Only a mature person can give a damn if is efforts are rendered vain by the arrival of a glitch/exploit of the last minute. And finally, only a mature person can be happy if someone uses a glitch to renders his life much easier than theirs.

I do not consider the trophy system to be something more meaningful. Also, I'm fully aware most of the people do not care about trophies. But putting it like the system doesn't matter at all? Why bother with it then? You said trophies will make you explore every part of the game. How will popping the trophy from Cuphead by somebody else make me explore the game more? Why not save another hour by not arranging the boosting session with that friend and move on to another game immediately?

No to mention, I think there is no point in arguing about so-called normal gamers and their view of trophies. Judging by the trophy rarity, most of these normal gamers do not even finish the story before moving on to play another game.

Regarding the difference between normal gaming and hunting trophies, that is kinda my point. I'm the playing games I like. Trophies are just a bonus. I won't be going out of my way to get some trophy. For example, let my friend pop the trophies for Cuphead, just for the sake of having 100%. I really see no point in it.

As I said, I don't care about how or what games other people play. So being offended about somebody else cheating the trophy is as hard for me as being happy for somebody else getting the trophy easier. I just wanted to write my view on this. That's all.

To sum it up somehow. I consider popping trophies for me by somebody else cheating and solely getting the trophies without actually putting the effort is not the reason I'm going for trophies. It seems pointless to me. But all of this has already been said, so at this point I don't really see the point in discussing it further.

Note: When I'm talking about the "rules" and the principle of this system. This is one of the trophies for Cuphead - A Walk in the Park (Defeat every boss in Inkwell Isle I). I do not see anywhere in the description saying "Let somebody else defeat every boss in Inkwell Isle I and pop the trophy on your account". Not need to speculate what is the intended way of getting the trophy or not. It's really that simple.

But if every other argument in this thread is that the trophy is just a "fucking notification" or that mature people do not care about it and only "elitists" care about the rules, then there is really no point in not only discussing but having some kind of a trophy system at all. And again, this is my view on the trophy system, not saying how others should play games.

Edited by BloodyRutz
  • Like 2

@BloodyRutz "I do not consider the trophy system to be something more meaningful. Also, I'm fully aware most of the people do not care about trophies. But putting it like the system doesn't matter at all? Why bother with it then? You said trophies will make you explore every part of the game. How will popping the trophy from Cuphead by somebody else makes me explore the game more? Why not save another hour by not arranging the boosting session with that friend and move on to another game immediately?

As i said (in the Hollow Knight topic, i think) i'm a completionist for nature, so i do the trophies just because they're a part of the game that i must "complete". For the trophy itself, obviously, it will not be the case, although you can play entirely the game in coop and unlock the trophies properly if you want. Or, as of my case, you can do everything and save for last the Pacifist trophy, so that by the time you need only that trophy, you will have explored everything the game as to offer.

No to mention, I think there is no point in arguing about so-called normal gamers and their view of trophies. Judging by the trophy rarity, most of these normal gamers do not even finish the story before moving on to play another game.

They're just casual gamers or the sunday gamers (as we call them in Italy). We're talking about the trophy hunters that play and hunt the trophies and the normal gamers, that play, finish the game (or complete it at 100%) and challenge themselves with speedruns, no damage runs, one weapon only, etc, etc.

Regarding the difference between normal gaming and hunting trophies, that is kinda my point. I'm playing games I like. Trophies are just a bonus. I won't be going out of my way to get some trophy. For example, let my friend pop the trophies for Cuphead, just for the sake of having 100%. I really see no point in it.

For you, there's no point in it. For a trophy hunter, the point is to unlock that particular trophy more quickly.

But if every other argument in this thread is that the trophy is just a "fucking notification" or that mature people do not care about it and only "elitists" care about the rules, then there is really no point in not only discussing but having some kind of a trophy system at all. And again, this is my view on the trophy system, not saying how others should play games.

The intended way of the developers doesn't matter. The only thing that matters are the rules of PSN Profiles. If the rules don't judge this exploit as "illegal", you can use it. If the rules judge this exploit, as "illegal", you can't use it. It's very simple. I bet that if we had (like someone says pages before) more specific leaderboards like PSNTL (standard leaderboard, adjusted one, rare one, completion one, and custom ones), all of those complaints would vanish instantly.

It's kind of funny. Being the enlightened and brilliant centrist that I am, I kind of agree with everyone here. 

(author's note: I seem to have to explain that ridiculous comments, like the first part of the one above, are not serious, and are often meant in a self-deprecating manner. Usually, I have to explain this to German posters; I guess what they say about the German sense of humor is true. ?)

On the one hand, @APCGrayLocked has the high road in one important sense; If something isn't against the leaderboards here, it is fine to do. I know that one person said that he was drawing an arbitrary line, but he seems to be drawing the same line as psnp. And the leaderboard line is important. 

On the other hand, like any trophy hunter (or, honestly, any person in life), I have my own ethical code. There are certain exploits I will use, and there are certain exploits I just won't touch. But that's my own code, and I can't really impose it on others. I am free to judge people who don't abide by my code (and I often do), and I can even petition the powers that be to accept my code as the standard. But at the end of the day, if my code differs from the one here, it's mine alone.

The only thing I don't agree with is the idea that what other people do doesn't affect you in any way. Of course it does. Not only is this is measurable, scientifically (any therapist in the world will tell you that environmental observations affect the individual, regardless of if the individual is taking part in the event observed), it is, in fact,  probably evolutionary.

In regards to games, what other gamers do lead to consumer trends, which in turn inform producers of what to make. A forum I often visit nowadays loves to say that including an easy mode in a particular series of games would have zero effect on the current fanbase, because after all, they don't have to play easy mode. It's bullshit. Let's leave that straw man behind.

In short, there is absolutely every reason to discuss any and all exploits that become available, noting the pros and the cons. But at the end of the day, if those exploits are determined legal by the powers that be, then they should be allowed.

• Like 1

On 8/27/2020 at 3:56 AM, pahiran said:

These trophy whores have no skill or ethics.

Well said. Then when you address something regarding how exploits like this are cheap, they get offended.

On 8/27/2020 at 7:42 AM, starcrunch061 said:

I have zero problem with people using exploits to get trophies. My problem with these particular trophies is that I don't see how the use of this exploit and the use of save files can be distinguished. Even a game like Sound Shapes, where you can  (or, could) autopop the entire trophy list in seconds, needed the existence of one version of the game played legitimately on your profile. But here, it seems that trophies are just autopopping, without such existence.

As somebody who has all stacks, you had to do everything legit the first time. I still considered it trophy whoring, and I admit I bought a bunch of stuff purely for trophies so I can get to the #100 platinum milestone faster.

In contrast, I consider something like the Jak and Daxter debug exploit to be bad. People can say what they will on stuff like Sound Shapes, Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time, Motorstorm RC, Metal Gear Solid 3 and a number of other games that allow autopopping trophies. You still had to finish them once legit. In Jak and Daxter, you didn't need to finish the games once legit, you can just use the debug menu right off the bat and have everything pop in a matter of minutes.

And just the other day someone found an exploit for the first Sly Cooper game. I mean.... cmon.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/24/2020 at 8:18 AM, Spaz said:

I'm still salty about the fact the debug menu was discovered for the Jak and Daxter trilogy a few years ago. So now you got all these players who have never actually played the games, neither on the PS2 nor the PS3 consoles. Yet they got those platinums in a matter of minutes, basically no different than getting Ratalaika stacks.

Where does that put people like me who had to play through the story? Yeah there are the Orb exploits, everybody knew about them, but you still needed to sit there and do a little grinding. With the debug menu your trophies autopop just like the Sound Shape autopops. So basically these people get three platinums in under a hour whereas I had to spend a solid 20 - 30 hours to get all three games in the Jak collection finished.

I know who they are. Hakoom, Roughdawg4 and MrUnknown.

Roughdawg4 came in here and started crying his heart out when he got flagged during his dispute. That moment was when I completely dropped the ball and I stopped taking assholes like him seriously. He sounded so goddamn pretentious and whiny I just wanted to reach over and put a sock in his mouth.

He was in the top 5 worldwide on the 'legit' leaderboards. Yet he felt he was entitled enough to come on here and complain over a game or two?

They already cheat. Hakoom gets stuff sent to him, runs a trophy service, and probably has other people use his account, hence sharing an account.

Where is RoughDawg4 on the leaderboards? Did he get removed?

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/30/2020 at 11:53 PM, killerJAZZ420 said:

So instead of goons arguing and saying using the exploit is cheap

Is it still a thing? Looking to carry some goobers. 

I believe it still is a thing. I’ll be playing it myself, but I don’t judge those that choose to use this exploit. This site is filled with gamers using exploits, glitches, and other methods to get trophies with less difficulty. Let’s not bicker about these things and instead focus on people and methods that are ACTUALLY cheating like save file manipulation, editing time stamps, etc. Don’t let somebody else’s trophy list define yours.

• Like 1

Playing as the second local player has never been against the rules. This applied to certain PS3 games too. It auto popping trophies because your local co op partner has earned them before is kinda lame, but this is a legit way of playing the game we can't just "ban" people for doing.

(if I understood the exploit correctly, but sounds like something similar to what I referred to, and it's okay)

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 4

On 10/9/2020 at 8:20 AM, VoidVictorious said:

I believe it still is a thing. I’ll be playing it myself, but I don’t judge those that choose to use this exploit. This site is filled with gamers using exploits, glitches, and other methods to get trophies with less difficulty. Let’s not bicker about these things and instead focus on people and methods that are ACTUALLY cheating like save file manipulation, editing time stamps, etc. Don’t let somebody else’s trophy list define yours.

I can agree with this.

But while it may not technally be cheating. 

If someone else earns your trophies for you can you really say you yourself earned them?

It be like if someone was asked to go on another persond account to earned the Eturnel slip trophy from Pier Solar for them or something

It just wouldnt really be the same as putting in the effort idk. lol

Edited by Wild-Arms-R
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Wild-Arms-R said:

I can agree with this.

But while it may not technally be cheating. 

If someone else earns your trophies for you can you really say you yourself earned them?

It be like if someone was asked to go on another persond account to earned the Eturnel slip trophy from Pier Solar for them or something

It just wouldnt really be the same as putting in the effort idk. lol

I agree with your thought. However, I don’t think anybody who obviously used the Cuphead exploit would brag that they did it themselves. It’s obvious that they didn’t from the unlock times if I understand things correctly. At the end of the day, this stuff doesn’t really affect me. No one else’s accomplishments or failures define me or my profile. Nor should it define anybody else’s.

Edited by VoidVictorious
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2020-11-30 at 5:20 PM, The-Man-In-Black said:

There is a certain amount of irony in the fact that this thread has six pages of people complaining about the fact that local multiplayer can be used to pop off difficult trophies, on a site that has an entire section dedicated to arranging boosting sessions. 

FACT:  If someone uses an exploit like this to pop a bunch of trophies, it has absolutely no bearing at all on how you achieved your trophies, nor does it prevent you from enjoying the game in any way.

FACT:  Why or how someone is trophy hunting is in no way any of your business.

FACT:  Nobody is forcing you to use this exploit.  If you don't like exploits like this, you can simply ignore it.  Someone else, however, may consider this very useful information. 

If you consider that this exploit somehow "devalues" these trophies or somehow "devalues" trophies that you have earned legitimately, you may want to re-evaluate your priorities.   Is your ego really so fragile that you feel the need to compare your gaming achievements to random strangers on the internet? 

Personally, as someone who prefers to avoid difficult games (I play games to relax, not stress myself out), I've been doing some research on whether or not I should get this game.  I was going to avoid this because of the well known difficulty, but I may consider picking this up and using the exploit to pop the trophies, then enjoying the game on easy mode. 

Telling others to re evaluate their priorities. But you are avoiding a game cause of its trophies. 

You just wanna enjoy the game yet you wanna use the exploit to get the trophies. 

The irony indeed....

• 5 months later...
On 8/22/2020 at 1:35 PM, APCGrayLocked said:

If someone has already platinumed the game (or done some trophies) and then a friend of his joins in a local multiplayer game, if the friend beat (for example) a boss, he will unlock all of the bosses trophies. If the friend does a perfect parry, he will unlock the 20 and 100 parry trophies and so on. This works even for the pacifist trophy, so the friend will need to beat only a level to unlock directly the trophy.

I'm a bit confused. My buddy and I just started this game in local coop and we plan to do it legit but understand that some trophies, like A-ranking, are easier in solo. So, in that situation, he would log out of player two and we’d take turns trying to A rank with my profile (one player / controller only)

If we unlock an A-rank trophy on mine, should he able to log back in and then we just need to repeat the level and it pops? Thanks in advance! @APCGrayLocked

Edited by MikeCheck--

11 hours ago, MikeCheck-- said:

I'm a bit confused. My buddy and I just started this game in local coop and we plan to do it legit but understand that some trophies, like A-ranking, are easier in solo. So, in that situation, he would log out of player two and we’d take turns trying to A rank with my profile (one player / controller only)

If we unlock an A-rank trophy on mine, should he able to log back in and then we just need to repeat the level and it pops? Thanks in advance! @APCGrayLocked

Can't respond you properly, because i haven't played the game yet, but it probably will. Try and see for yourself. As i said, Lucantoo and Mind_Crusher discovered the "auto-unlocking" method. I've only reported it.

If any glitch or exploit is actually in the video game, without the help of game sharks, other peripherals, or hacking into it, then it's legitimate and fairplay for anyone to use or not.

This has always been the standard amongst gamers, I've not seen until now someone complaining about it.

If it's in the game and it can be exploited, more power to the player and the devs should have done a better job.

• Like 2