The Witcher 3 coming to PS5

Suminya

1 hour ago, xh117 said:

Probably not going to happen but a cross save from the base version would be nice. Not sure why it wasn't compatible with complete edition in the first place.

They are separate games with different IDs. Sony APIs don't allow you to decrypt saves from different games or different users for security reasons (there are ways to do it by patching the kernel, which would probably immediately get your devkit revoked if you tried to submit it for approval).

If GOTY edition was a DLC like in most games it would work out of the box.

Edited by squats_and_milk
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Awesome - I can have it hard lock and corrupt the database of my PS5 now too! 1f44d.png

It was such a fun experience when it did that twice to my PS4 before I even earned a single trophy in it. 1f602.png

Whaaa...?! :jaymon:

I've neve heard of this issue before. How did it happen? :hmm:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, zizimonster said:

Whaaa...?! :jaymon:

I've neve heard of this issue before. How did it happen? :hmm:

beats the hell outta me - loaded the game, played a couple hours, stuck it in rest mode, then when I came back the thing had crashed and locked up, and I had to fully rebuild the database.

Redowloaded the game, loaded up, save was corrupted, but started again, and it hard locked and did the same thing - in game this time - after about 20 minutes!

Gave up after rebuilding database again - wasn’t going to tempt fate any further than that!? 

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
20 minutes ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

lol NAW!!! Cyber punk 2.0 LOL this developer is trash cant trust them with anything nowadays!! 

They sure did mess things up big time with Cyberpunk, however don’t let this stop you from playing The Witcher III - it’s a really awesome game. Even more now that it has been patched in all possible ways ?

I wouldn’t replay it even if I had a PS5 because I just cannot re-invest 100+ hours of my time, but I wish I had been able to play it in a 4K, 60 FPS mode. Would have made it even greater…

Edited by Neef-GT5
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, ziggypossum said:

The Witcher 3 PS5 and Xbox Series X|S Next-Gen Versions Have Been Rated in Europe

https://wccftech.com/witcher-3-ps5-xsx-rated/

wq5InQg.jpg

Hopefully this means a release date will be revealed soon. I have the NA complete edition to play but decided to wait on this, a release date would really help fight the urge to play it now rather than hold off for the superior version 

48 minutes ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

lol NAW!!! Cyber punk 2.0 LOL this developer is trash cant trust them with anything nowadays!! 

since it preceeds cyberpunk, it should not be seen as 2.0

nevertheless, it is fine to not like it, but I love The Witcher 3 and play it frequently. Really want this upgrade. The load times are fantastic in PS5 and higher framerate is just the cherry on top. 

Regarding this news, I think CDPR would give a longer warning period in its release... let's. If it is today, I hope it is in the next hours so I can play it in the evening.

bmg_ps.png

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

See your problem is your basing your decision based solely on Cyberpunk2077. Granted they messed up big time with that as they should never have released it on ps4 to being with as it always sounded like a ps5 game for hardware wise anyways, but when it comes to the The Witcher games CD Projekt Red are awesome. I just wish they had done justice to Cyberpunk2077 like they did with witcher 3 but unfortunately Cyberpunk will forever be a big X mark against their name.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

That rating might mean we see a November/December release window. I honestly thought it would be pushed back to 2022,but it's not actually CD Project Red that is handling the port so it makes sense.

I think you might be right, I don't have a source but I swear I read a random article a few months back saying they were hoping to get the witcher out by the end of the year. The ps5 version  of cyberpunk had been pushed back to '22

6 hours ago, that_dude_cam_ps said:

Yeah, the upgrade is free, but most likely only from the complete edition incl. all DLC.

It was already mentioned before that if you have the Vanilla version on PS4 with no expansions, you still get the Complete Edition on PS5 for free. So in reality you can find youself a cheap used copy on PS4 and get the whole PS5 version for next to nothing now. 

2 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

The real question here is whether or not this will have its own trophy list so we can now stack The Witcher 3 four times instead of three. 

Like with all multiplatform games...it has to have it's own trophy list. Sony changed the way the trophy system works on PS5, so all games have to have a separate list. 

4 minutes ago, Viper said:

Like with all multiplatform games...it has to have it's own trophy list. Sony changed the way the trophy system works on PS5, so all games have to have a separate list. 

Ahh gotcha. I suppose this is common knowledge at this point but I don’t have a PS5 or follow PS5 news too closely. Good to know though, thank you.

I do have a friend who has all 3 stacks of The Witcher 3 on PS4 though, so I’m curious to know if he will complete the set when this comes out lol.

7 hours ago, KAdamsy1 said:

See your problem is your basing your decision based solely on Cyberpunk2077. Granted they messed up big time with that as they should never have released it on ps4 to being with as it always sounded like a ps5 game for hardware wise anyways, but when it comes to the The Witcher games CD Projekt Red are awesome. I just wish they had done justice to Cyberpunk2077 like they did with witcher 3 but unfortunately Cyberpunk will forever be a big X mark against their name.

If you remember correctly the W3 was a mess when it came out on the PS4 they fixed it ... But Naw lol that was not a one time thing do your home home they are a trash developer lol