thefourfoldroot

What is your new trophy level?

586 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I know this is starting in the US before here in the U.K., and I don’t know how this site will handle it, so I was wondering how peoples trophy level has changed.

Get enough people and we might have a better idea of how the new levels scale up and the requirements for each as I can’t find that listed anywhere.

edit: Seems you need around level 160 to get to level 999, so around 60% added to the level cap according to investigators here. We still aren’t sure on exactly how that scales between levels and how many additional points added to the platinum trophy though.

Edited by thefourfoldroot

The way I read it, this is going to change for everyone at the same time. Just because of time zones, that time will still be the 7th in the US, and already the 8th in Europe.

I really don’t know my current level.  Let me check my signature lol

My current level is 21. Hasn’t changed yet

Still 19 as it has been for the last little while.

Nothing has changed here, level 16, 97 percent, 2139 points.

Posted (edited)

56 minutes ago, ShadeSplit said:

I will assume it's 999.

Possibly. You have a great profile. I’m hoping not though, it would be good if the levels were scaled such that you can increase levels fast enough but that someone like me starts around mid to late bronze level and you maybe first gold tier or late silver. That way we can enjoy that fake sense of progression for longer lol.

Edited by thefourfoldroot

Right now, I am still level 42 (98%). I am very curious to see what my new level will be.

This was quite a surprise we had today, wasn’t it? If we were in April, I would say this was an April Fools’ joke, like when they announced PlayStation Flow (an underwater gaming tech). 😂

Posted (edited)

My one friend says I'm at 650 now. Was at 45. Not at home to check myself atm. 

Started at 45. Will check once I get home. 

Edited by USFOODSMaN

If a guy with 2,200 trophies is at level 300, I should, by all accounts, reach level 999 if the level system is the same, but I feel it's gonna require  more and more points further up, so I probably see myself at the early start of gold.

Im going to guess I will be...174. Now i'll edit when it happens

No change here, so I'll multiply my level by 10 :P it will be like 762. ☑️

Thinking I'll be in the 300s maybe, but we'll see. 

I'm actually pretty curious to know what my level will be, Sony made it clear that a level 12 = ~200 with the new trophy system so I assume something between level 300 - 400/450 is reasonable.

54 minutes ago, thefourfoldroot said:

Possibly. You have a great profile. I’m hoping not though, it would be good if the levels were scaled such that you can increase levels fast enough but that someone like me starts around mid to late bronze level and you maybe first gold tier or late silver. That way we can enjoy that fake sense of progression for longer lol.

Thanks, but in all seriousness, I'm sure it will be either no one or hardly anyone at level 999.

Posted (edited)

Glad I just reached 40 a few days ago. It was my goal all year and I had no idea they were going to change things.

I'm hoping my new level is in the 500's

Edited by Sn1per666999

Posted (edited)

11 hours ago, ShadeSplit said:

Thanks, but in all seriousness, I'm sure it will be either no one or hardly anyone at level 999.

I’d bet good money that tons of people are going to be level 999 now. Way more than were at the level 100 cap before. The cap is designed on purpose now, with a custom platinum icon that they want people to chase. They want people to get to level 999 now, unlike the old level 100 cap that was basically an accident that they didn’t expect anyone would actually reach.

Edit: Very happy to be wrong. It's slightly harder to reach the cap now.

Edited by NathanielJohn