What is your new trophy level?

thefourfoldroot

I know this is starting in the US before here in the U.K., and I don’t know how this site will handle it, so I was wondering how peoples trophy level has changed.

Get enough people and we might have a better idea of how the new levels scale up and the requirements for each as I can’t find that listed anywhere.

edit: Seems you need around level 160 to get to level 999, so around 60% added to the level cap according to investigators here. We still aren’t sure on exactly how that scales between levels and how many additional points added to the platinum trophy though.

Edited by thefourfoldroot
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, ShadeSplit said:

I will assume it's 999.

Possibly. You have a great profile. I’m hoping not though, it would be good if the levels were scaled such that you can increase levels fast enough but that someone like me starts around mid to late bronze level and you maybe first gold tier or late silver. That way we can enjoy that fake sense of progression for longer lol.

Edited by thefourfoldroot
  • Like 1

Right now, I am still level 42 (98%). I am very curious to see what my new level will be.

This was quite a surprise we had today, wasn’t it? If we were in April, I would say this was an April Fools’ joke, like when they announced PlayStation Flow (an underwater gaming tech). ?

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, thefourfoldroot said:

Possibly. You have a great profile. I’m hoping not though, it would be good if the levels were scaled such that you can increase levels fast enough but that someone like me starts around mid to late bronze level and you maybe first gold tier or late silver. That way we can enjoy that fake sense of progression for longer lol.

Thanks, but in all seriousness, I'm sure it will be either no one or hardly anyone at level 999.

11 hours ago, ShadeSplit said:

Thanks, but in all seriousness, I'm sure it will be either no one or hardly anyone at level 999.

I’d bet good money that tons of people are going to be level 999 now. Way more than were at the level 100 cap before. The cap is designed on purpose now, with a custom platinum icon that they want people to chase. They want people to get to level 999 now, unlike the old level 100 cap that was basically an accident that they didn’t expect anyone would actually reach.

Edit: Very happy to be wrong. It's slightly harder to reach the cap now.

Edited by NathanielJohn
  • Like 1