Are there any genres of gaming you won't play?

LancashireLad87

Let's see: could care less about anything RTS, battle royale, MMOs, stealth, or first person anything (outside of Gal Gun 2). Never got into fighters that much, lost interest in sports games years ago, Rocket League being the most recent. Always found shooters boring in general with the odd outlier.

Sports games - although I do like hockey very rarely (probably since I’m Canadian) and oddly enough got into madden in the ps2 days, even though I’ve never watched a game of football in my life. 

RPGs - although I’ve played loads over the years I’ve finished very few. Just get bored with them easy I find compared to other games, and they’re usually so long which kind of compounds the problem. 

I have been trying to break this habit (of not playing RPGs) though, this summer I’ve platinumed undertale and final fantasy 7, and working on sea of stars now.

Edited by Mr_Fluffy_Pants_
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, victorrfuego said:

Racing genre, crash team racing is the exception i like crash lol. Otherwise I'm open to  other genres

CTR is best kart racer so that's a given. 😄

I'm also not super enthusiastic about the genue(hell I hardly even grew up playing them besides Diddy Kong Racing and Mario Kart) 

But I highly enjoyed Wipeout Omega Collection, it's challenging, has some good variety in the course design(tho a bit repetitive still at times)and is a technical ass game.

I think a person like you who love their character action games would find it enjoyable and nice change of pace(speaking form personal experience here, ya know) 

• Like 2

-Puzzle games: I hate puzzles and I think they ruin non puzzle games where they are featured (Uncharted games, for example)

-Simulator sports games, excluding football and WWE games

-First person shooters: never been a fan of the first person visual

-"Realistic" racing/rally games, such as Assetto Corsa, Gran Turismo etc.

3 hours ago, Wild-Arms-R said:

CTR is best kart racer so that's a given. 😄

I'm also not super enthusiastic about the genue(hell I hardly even grew up playing them besides Diddy Kong Racing and Mario Kart) 

But I highly enjoyed Wipeout Omega Collection, it's challenging, has some good variety in the course design(tho a bit repetitive still at times)and is a technical ass game.

I think a person like you who love their character action games would find it enjoyable and nice change of pace(speaking form personal experience here, ya know) 

Maybe I’ll decide to give that a try or trackmania 😂

• Like 1

I don't have any particular genre I go out of my way to avoid... but I'm not a huge fan of racing sims (Gran Turismo or Forza Motorsport), though I like arcade-style racing games just fine, and I'm pretty picky about sports titles (generally pick up an NHL every 2-3 years that I'll pick at listlessly, and used to like the insane, ultra-arcadey sports titles like NFL Blitz; I'd kill for them to bring back Fight Night, but other than that... nah.) Not a fan of PVP-centric titles, especially the asymmetric ones, as a combination of my skill level, my mental issues, and the general attitude of their playerbase says it's just not worth the hassle even though I enjoy some of them.

Generally willing to at least give something a try, though. I'd rather wade through a few bad games or ones that aren't typically what I'm into than miss out of something great just because of a random descriptor on the box. Plus, genres are getting so blended and the terminology so vague that they don't hold the meaning they used to, muddying the waters further.

Car sims, like I can watch someone play and talk about it and be interested.  Cause like car guys are really, really into cars and their enthusiasm bleeds out.  But the second I hold the controller I want to throw a shell or start wrecking people.

Sports, I like golf games, but that's about it.  Madden or NBA 2k, even my friends' enthusiasm doesn't get me.  Just never been a sports fan.

RTS/Mobas, played some LoL when it was new.  Didn't grab me and I was bored.  And played some Age of Empires matches with my friends, not really my cup of tea.  But that Pokemon Moba though...

I knew I'd replied in a similar thread years ago, I'll leave it here:

Anyway, my updated answer:

- 95% of Sports games, the other 5% being something like mountain bike or skateboarding, which I could see myself playing 

- MMORPG's 

- Wrestling type fighting games in particular 

Basically same topic as the other…

Avoid JRPG/RPG, Fantasy, Fighting Simulation, Strategy, Stealth, Survival, Kiddie to name a few.  Some Adventure games I’m starting to get weary of.  They look ok in the surface but the gameplay is very boring/tedious.

My favorite genres are Sports, Action-Adventure, Racing, Trivia, and a little bit of First-Person Shooter.

• Like 1