Why are so many people complaining about easy platinum games

ScottishNub

The guys at the top need to form a pact, or something.

None of them increase or decrease their lead with each subsequent new game that comes out, all that happens, is that they need to keep up with the new releases and cancel each other out, and just hope the other guys give up and stop buying them. Of course each time you don't buy one of these games and your rivals do, that's nullifies a platinum list, of an actual game in your past that you probably particularly enjoyed. 1 dollar insurance premiums.

Ultimately as time goes on, pay to win is going to be key, these days you need to fork out about 10-20 dollars a week. The richest person is going to rise to the top.

Which is sadly ironic in a way, because there will never actually be a winner. You're only ever forever, qualifying in "Pole Position"...

43 minutes ago, Mori said:

How about we all start to develop shovelware and see what happens? Sounds better to me than just complaining about it everyday.

It's admittedly tempting. I'm working on a couple projects and the easiest way to finish would be to just toss some crap together with easy achievements, then publish at a $5 price tag. Slight advantages in sell in a numbers competition. I can't fault Ratalaika or the people who publish under them, the hustle obviously works and it's a quick way for a starting studio to generate funds.

1 hour ago, enaysoft said:

The guys at the top need to form a pact, or something.

None of them increase or decrease their lead with each subsequent new game that comes out, all that happens, is that they need to keep up with the new releases and cancel each other out, and just hope the other guys give up and stop buying them. Of course each time you don't buy one of these games and your rivals do, that's nullifies a platinum list, of an actual game in your past that you probably particularly enjoyed. 1 dollar insurance premiums.

Ultimately as time goes on, pay to win is going to be key, these days you need to fork out about 10-20 dollars a week. The richest person is going to rise to the top.

Which is sadly ironic in a way, because there will never actually be a winner. You're only ever forever, qualifying in "Pole Position"...

There's no way they won't get tired of this eventually. It sounds so unrealistic that two years from now people will still be stacking six versions of bouncing burgers or whatever.

It's fun when people have been exploiting this crap to boost numbers but when they got tired and can't keep up then this needs to stahp!

7 minutes ago, Nebnit said:

There's no way they won't get tired of this eventually. It sounds so unrealistic that two years from now people will still be stacking six versions of bouncing burgers or whatever.

On 2020 people was saying the same about Ratalaika games, and we are here two years later with even worse games.... But really after the jumping games I don't know how this can get worse....

Edited by DeepEyes7
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, DeepEyes7 said:

I don't know how this can get worse....

You pay for the game.You open it and your platinum pops at the main menu.

The entire game is a gacha machine. Each spin costs spin gems. If you win big you get an unlock code for another stack of the game that isn't available for purchase in any other way.

The odds are low to win, but you can purchase luck gems to increase your chances. Luck gems can be earned in the machine you already got the platinum for by using spin gems or you can pay a small fee of real money to get luck gems instantly to play the machine to unlock those legendary, non-purchasable stacks of extra platinums.

Spin gems, of which you have a limited amount, replenish each day, or you can purchase additional spin gems for a small fee of real money.

• Like 1

Flash news: platinum don't exist in reality and they are useless. 

Getting a platinum in a super hard game doesn't make you a better person than those who play this game. People who play this game don't have to be ashamed of anything, it's their money, and they can do what they want with it. 

Play what you want and let others play what they want, instead of crying like babies. 

And yes, before someone check my trophies to get back at me, I have played some of this and I have no problem with that. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ozetkiller said:

Sony needs to stop this. The ps store is a mess you cant even see normal games anymore inbetween them.

Atleast add a filter to blend this spam out..

Every time this topic pops up someone has this exact thought, and it's stupid. None of the major platform holders enforce any kind of quality control. Further, to us these games might be scraping the bottom of the barrel and barely qualify as games to begin with, but to Sony these are just indie games and developers. Why on earth would they move to block them? Sony won't ever do something like that, and they're right. As bad as the games are, they aren't stopping other games from being released, or noticed. At the end of the day they cause no harm. Sony especially aren't going to do it because there has already been a false narrative since the PS5 launched that PlayStation doesn't care about indies. How do you think it would look if Sony prevented certain developers from releasing games on their platform? Not good to say the least. The internet would have a meltdown. 

And you really don't need a special filter for these games. I use the PS Store quite frequently and I only occasionally run into one of these games somewhere on the store, otherwise you'd need to be looking specifically for them to find them. The PS Store is very curated in what they put front and centre. This website on the other hand could do something about filtering out these games because they clog the front page all the time. 

Lastly, if you bought into this type of trash then you need to take some responsibility, because like it or not, you're part of the problem. I'm not saying I disagree with your sentiment, but saying you want it to stop now just because you've reached your 1000 plats and had your fun comes off as entitled. Why shouldn't other people have the same opportunity as you did? Why did it take you reaching 1000 plats before realizing the issue at hand? 

• Like 4

I find that when people complain about these easy games they make it seem like a bigger issue than it actually is. Sure the business practice is quite scummy and predatory but at the end of the day nobody is forcing you to purchase or even acknowledge them and in the grand scheme of things they make up a very small percentage of the actual PS store. I myself came across someone else complaining about all the jumping food games recently, I went onto the store just to see if any would appear and without going out of my way to actually find them sure enough none of them appeared. Call me naive but what ever happened to just letting people play what they want?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nauticus87 said:

This, along with if you don't like it just ignore it are the most dangerous statements around, because they are factually incorrect.

Wrong. You're assuming these games exist because of addiction when there is really no evidence to support that. MTXs are a different discussion entirely and can't be used here to back up any such claims. Not the first time I've seen the addiction card played as a reason to get rid of these games. 

Maybe some people are addicted to trophies and chasing numbers on a leaderboard, hence why they are drawn to such games, but you can't claim that as the sole reason for why these games exist and why people play them. 

Also, even if true, I don't really care. At what point does personal responsibility play a role in these things, or should we just mollycoddle everyone from everything all the time? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Alchemist said:

Wrong. You're assuming these games exist because of addiction ... Maybe some people are addicted to trophies and chasing numbers on a leaderboard, hence why they are drawn to such games, but you can't claim that as the sole reason for why these games exist and why people play them. 

First of all which is it, can they or can't they be tied to addiction? Also, where did I say this was the sole reason the games existed? I said it was one reason why the amount of games increased. Are you telling me you believe these games are more prevalent because they are enjoyed? I'd ask for your view but you go on to say you don't care so I'll skip that.

You only have to look through this and the multitude of other threads, the profiles stacking them out of necessity, and the numerous articles about addiction in gaming and gambling to see the link.

4 minutes ago, The Alchemist said:

Also, even if true, I don't really care. At what point does personal responsibility play a role in these things, or should we just mollycoddle everyone from everything all the time? 

If you don't care why post?

Look, I'm not trying to stop anyone from playing these games if they choose to. If you read that article I linked the person acknowledges it's their own fault, they need to get help for their addiction, I'm saying - and agreeing - that it's important to speak up on the dangers of these practices. If you don't want to, you don't have to, that's fair, your choice, nobody says you have to, but those who speak up shouldn't be attacked for trying to spread awareness or wanting to look out for people. Because it's our choice too.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The Alchemist said:

And you really don't need a special filter for these games. I use the PS Store quite frequently and I only occasionally run into one of these games somewhere on the store, otherwise you'd need to be looking specifically for them to find them. The PS Store is very curated in what they put front and centre. This website on the other hand could do something about filtering out these games because they clog the front page all the time.

Totally not true. This is the first page from the newest/latest games on the store.

pss1.jpg

pss2.jpg

• Like 1