SIE will be removing Cyberpunk 2077 from PS Store

FreneticWave

1 hour ago, iGGTheEnd said:

I find this insane, there's probably 100+ games even worse than Cyberpunk that are still on the store, they must just be sick of people trying to get refunds so they will take it off for a few weeks and wait for it to slow down and then throw it back up.

This is the part that makes this a transparent attempt at some sort of PR. Where was this energy for all the other broken shit on their platforms?

5 minutes ago, kingjavs said:

PR for what? CDPR said people could get refunded through Sony without any kind of agreement with Sony. If anyone needs to be on a PR campaign for their broken shit, its CDPR.

CDPR is doing damage control, Sony is capitalizing on that damage control to look like they do any kind of vetting for broken shit on their store when they literally do not. It's trending all over twitter right now that Sony is doing this, it's absolutely a PR move to look better than competitors who sell CP2077

Don't mistake me for defending CDPR or CP2077 by the way. Crunch made this game shit

Edited by Burgins

6 minutes ago, Burgins said:

CDPR is doing damage control, Sony is capitalizing on that damage control to look like they do any kind of vetting for broken shit on their store when they literally do not. It's trending all over twitter right now that Sony is doing this, it's absolutely a PR move to look better than competitors who sell CP2077

I just checked the twitter trend and literally every single top tweet is directed at CDPR. Guess I'm confused where Sony became the bad guys here for removing something (most likely temporarily) that is probably a huge pain in the ass for them and their service department right now?

Edit: Damn, quite the opposite. Overwhelmingly positive feedback towards sony on this. Guess I'm not seeing the right echo chamber. :blah:

Edited by kingjavs
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, kingjavs said:

I just checked the twitter trend and literally every single top tweet is directed at CDPR. Guess I'm confused where Sony became the bad guys here for removing something (most likely temporarily) that is probably a huge pain in the ass for them and their service department right now?

Sony should be doing this for other broken shit too is my entire point. I don't think that's an unreasonable thing to ask of them. A return policy for digital goods would be a great start

EDIT: You literally are misreading my posts so it's just not worthwhile to engage with you, dude. I said it's all over Twitter that Sony is doing this, as in, people are loving it and it is good PR for them. You are reading exactly what I am reading but saying that I'm saying people are mad at them. No, they're not. However, we should absolutely hold Sony to a higher standard for returns than we do.

Edited by Burgins

2 hours ago, Jake-TheGreat97 said:

I just hope that this leads to Sony to have an actual refund policy moving forward, especially if they want people to buy games via the PS Store. 

I hope this happens too, but what will be the policy? I can imagine people "buying" plats then asking for refunds saying "Hey can I get a refund, I only played it for an hour?"

• Like 3

Shouldn't be pulled. As ive said in DEFENSE of CDPR. They were planning to delay again, but the death threats they got i think had them feel they HAD to release it. Obvs they won't say that, no company would. I feel they were at least looking for a March 2021 to Q2 window. With next gen version shortly after.

I still defend CDPR though as yeah, it sucks on last gen sure, but soooooo many games release buggy. Even back in the ps2 days, if a game release broken, you MAY be able to go back to the store. Maybe. Depending who you bought from. Witcher 3 had bugs, Fallout 4, Skyrim has been released how many times over and STILL has bugs. At least we live in an age where things can be patched and fixed. 

I am playing Cyberpunk on a ps5 and had only one issue with Jackie walking through an elevator door. I havent played past that just due to work and NHL21. But really, people complaining about everything is seeming to become the permanent new thing.... entitled assholes.

Give CDPR some time, itll be great. Just like Witcher 3.

i have no regrets about my purchase. (PS5)

I'd like to see anybody whos bitching form a group of their pals put together a team and make a game this scope, better, within 10years. Good luck. Won't happen.

Cyberpunk is fine on ps5/pc right now. Itll be better yet. As for last gen, itll eventually get there. Be patient.

• Like 2

I am surprised it was pulled. But they should not have released it in the first place. If it was not ready to run decently then they should have delayed the game again.  I rather wait extra months for a good running game. If this was from a unknown publisher then the game would have been dead because they would have needed to make a good first impression so it would kept in selling copies. People would have been upset for another delay but probably still buy the game. Now some people might never give this game a chance even if it does become playable on the ps4. 

37 minutes ago, othmaneAD said:

What the fuck are you talking about? this isn't about the game's story, it's the fact that it's literally unplayable on base ps4 and that CDPR told people to go to Sony to get refunds.

58 minutes ago, kingjavs said:

What L did naughty dog take? A bunch of losers online crying about abby and sending death threats to the voice staff?

?? ya’ll some funny mofos I tell ya. Y’all can’t tell me that after playing TLOU 2 that y’all felt NOTHIN but despair and disappointment for awhile after playing that cot damn story. This is almost the same level mane

UPDATE: The Board of CD Projekt has commented on Sony's decision to yank Cyberpunk 2077 from the PlayStation Store, noting "[t]he decision was undertaken following our discussion with [Sony Interactive Entertainment] regarding a full refund for all gamers who had purchased Cyberpunk 2077 via PlayStation Store and want a refund at this time."

"All copies of the game previously purchased digitally on PlayStation Store remain available for use by their respective buyers," confirmed CD Projekt in its statement. "Gamers can still buy physical versions of the game in retail and mail order stores."

CD Projekt also asserted that all digital and physical copies of Cyberpunk 2077 "will continue to receive support and updates."

https://www.ign.com/articles/sony-removing-cyberpunk-2077-from-ps-store-will-offer-refunds-to-playstation-players-who-already-bought-it

42 minutes ago, steel6burgh said:

So are they actually going to take the game out of our digital library and give money back without asking?  I don't really want the piece of shit game but i popped a trophy so i'm stuck with it.  I hope they still let me finish it.  As torturous as it may sound.

No one is "taking" anything from you. You have the option of requesting a refund. Keep it if you choose. If you choose a refund, they'll revoke the license and remove it from your account.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jake-TheGreat97 said:

Not everyone has the luxury to be playing this on a PS5/Series X or a high-end PC. People shouldn't be sold a full price broken game and then have to wait months for the game to actually run properly on their PS4s or XONEs via patches. Not to mention CDPR deliberately hid footage of the game running on the base consoles because they knew the game wasn't ready.

?

• Like 1