[Poll/Discussion] What to do with Cyberpunk 2077 now?

Merco

[Poll] What are you going to do with Cyberpunk 2077?  

436 members have voted

1. 1. What are your plans for the game?

• Go for a refund
    • Play through the issues
    • I was going to buy it, but now I won't
    • I was going to buy it, but now I can't
    • I've got it, but I won't play it for a while/wait for patches

I’ve been playing the game on base PS4. It’s not unplayable but it has been pretty bad. I’ve not had 15FPS bad myself but so many glitches, bugs, crashes etc. I tried it again this afternoon after the new patch but it was still pretty samey. 

it’s a good game when it’s going along ok and I want to play it but I think I’ll shelve it now because I do want to try to play it when it’s on its best form - so after patch or when I get PS5. 

30 minutes ago, Gommes_ said:

I am actually wondering if the game is immersive outside of the story missions when the AI and NPCs don't work properly?

That's something that I'm more worried about long-term - a fair bit of the negative reception is around there not being much to do outside of the story, and The Witcher 3 at least had the whole Gwent schtick. Fixing the performance is one thing, but there does need to be an involving game behind it afterwards.

I never planned on buying C2077 for PS4. IMO this is a next-gen game. Once I have PS5 I'll buy it for that. I've got it on the PC and was just about to start playing. But after getting word of a major hotfix patch planned for tomorrow (21 December) I think I'll wait. Hopefully it'll help everyone who's been having problems.

Honestly, I think the console release should have been for PS5 and XBSX&S first. Versions for last-gen systems should've been given a later release. CDPR really ought to have refrained from "crunch". Poland's labor laws provide for OT pay in such a case, but even then, that was wrong. The employees should have been allowed to keep a normal work-life balance, even if it would've meant one more delay to February.

Having said that, I blame those snowflakes that overreacted in regard to previous delays. Their behavior was totally uncalled for, and highly disrespectful to CDPR's people who were putting in work on the game.

• Like 2

I love cdpr. They made a mistake and are paying for it dearly.. the only thing that needs to get better for them going forward is there q&a team needs serious improvement, staffing, etc and they need to prioritise fixing bugs above all else, it's been their biggest problem since they started making games.

Witcher 1 was pc exclusive as far as I'm aware and i loved it, but it was very badly optimised, glitchy somewhat ugly for it's time and that was mostly down to the engine they used, they later re-released it on a more capable engine.

Witcher 2 also came out buggy and broken, but not as bad, also had optimisation issues but not as bad, the game was good and also fairly linear so it wasn't too ambitious.

Witcher 3 was a mess, pop in, optimisations, nearly every single witcher game only got a "lock on" feature for combat in patches weeks later, the size of the game just meant that running into design flaws within the game world was common place, and because of the awful save system made you lose tons of progress.

i know tons of people playing and enjoying cp2077 many of the bugs youtuber are highlighting in their videos are from all over the internet, millions of people and much of it is either from pre patch game states  or random ccurences which has been shared en masse and blown way out of proportion. I was always intending to wait for either, a ps5 patch or a 3080ti / ryzen 5900 pc upgrade before i wade into cp.

edit: tin foil hat territory: considering it's nearly unprecedented for a triple a game to just be delisted, i think it's far more likely that, cdpr took money from microsoft to prioritise optimisation, whch is why sony's version seems way more barebones, an ole' jimbo got pissed off and delisted it, either that or he just didn't like being called anti consumer for refusing refunds, but ultimately sony didn't pay a penny for cp2077s development, or advertising all they are doing is cashing cheques, so if they have to give a little back they're still in profit, which is why i think it's a bit more personal then that.

Edited by MatThaRiPP3R84

9 hours ago, RadiantFlamberge said:

I never planned on buying C2077 for PS4. IMO this is a next-gen game. Once I have PS5 I'll buy it for that. I've got it on the PC and was just about to start playing. But after getting word of a major hotfix patch planned for tomorrow (21 December) I think I'll wait. Hopefully it'll help everyone who's been having problems.

Honestly, I think the console release should have been for PS5 and XBSX&S first. Versions for last-gen systems should've been given a later release. CDPR really ought to have refrained from "crunch". Poland's labor laws provide for OT pay in such a case, but even then, that was wrong. The employees should have been allowed to keep a normal work-life balance, even if it would've meant one more delay to February.

Having said that, I blame those snowflakes that overreacted in regard to previous delays. Their behavior was totally uncalled for, and highly disrespectful to CDPR's people who were putting in work on the game.

Are you kidding me? It's not the fault of the gamers/haters and never was. It's a management decision in cooperation with shareholders and such. The only ones to blame for are CDPR, no one else. Plus they even said that they didn't release it due to pressure of the community.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

Snip

You're defending a company that purposely withheld console review access and purposely released said broken product and purposely lied to their console playerbase.  That's not called "making a mistake", it's called deception and poor/shady business practices.

And try a new tin foil hat. Common sense (and yes, MS often lacks common sense in the decisions they make) would dictate that Sony delisted it to put a halt on the barrage of refunds going out.  Why continue to sell something with this much bad pr and this many refund requests.  There's more than just a financial cost to doling out mass refunds

• Like 1

They should have really delayed it again or skipped the PS4/Xbone generation completely but we all know why neither happened. Money. Delaying it again would have the potential of missing the holiday season and skipping the PS4/Xbone would severely limit their market so the decision was made to push it out knowing full well it was a broken mess on release and with Sony flat out removing the game and offering refunds (along with the earlier statement from CDPR) evident that it is still pretty bad after several patches. The game has been hyped up for far too long so that is the main reason I did not buy it on release (eg Watchdogs, really disappointed with that when I bought it on release and to this day I am yet to even finish the story).

Even just releasing it on next-gen consoles they may have encountered the same issues too just look at AC Unity. Horrific faces and slideshow frame rates after the ridiculously large day 1 patch for Unity. On a side note AC Rogue released as the AC game on PS3/360 was just in general better than Unity for me, I loved Rogue. And not just better in the sense it wasn’t as glitchy etc as Unity but in the sense the protagonist and story, I just enjoyed the latter two more in Rogue. 

I will probably end up buying Cyberpunk at some point but it will most certainly be when a PS5 version has been released along with various patches. 

I've been playing fine in few hour spurts on my PS4 Pro, it's crashed maybe three times in the 15 or so hours ive played. I have a few games I'm cycling through atm so not solely dedicating time to it right now but when I want to get in and play it for a bit it's generally okay. Have some small glitches here and there and the game needing to catch up sometimes before I can interact with things, but overall it seems fine for what I've got.

I'll happily play it and finish it, and then get the upgrade when I finally get a PS5 and the PS5 version becomes available.

Edited by SystmOveRide

i will play through the issues which, so far are NOT game breaking. Still got three hundred soft drinks i can't dissemble though..?

I hope many people are returning their copies and make this platinum an UR one. LOL.

As someone mentioned above, games from CDPR are NEVER crash free compared to other AAA titles, even award winning titles like Witcher 3. If someone wants to pile on Cyberpunk 2077, go right ahead, but don't act like this is something you never see before.

On the other hand, i do have some complains regarding the game play and trophies....

Edited by Maverick6146
  • Like 1

I told myself I'd only play this on the PS5, and going forward any last gen games that are for the 4 will only get played on the PS5. FFVIIR had my ps4 pro sounding like it was going to implode, and even games like need for speed hot pursuit remaster make the console loud as hell. Im sure with patches the game will be further optimized but what makes it sting the most is the hype that was behind the game so all eyes are on it.

In my few hours playing so far I only had a shadow that looked extremely odd start changing shape drastically on my characters arm, and a random npc walking by just drifted away into the sky lol but other than that the game has ran fine and looks very good. 

I’m playing it on my base PS4 and so far haven’t had any major issues.

Right at the start there was a bit of stuttering, but it’s alright now. Main bugs now are the characters’ mouths don’t always move when they’re talking and having to re-enter buildings to get the objective marker to update.

Honestly I had more dramas with AC: Valhalla. 

Edited by Feral

The immersion is insane. You have to find a way to retrigger certain things, think in programming lines that may be broken and find a way around it to even progress in certain glitched quests. The game fights you and you have to think in ones and zeros to beat it. Sarcasm aside, it really runs "surprisingly well" on ps5 and lowered expectations.

Put in for a refund for my $60 purchase on PSN. The performance is fine on my PS5 but it does not look good and all the bugs and crashes kill the immersion. I'll rebuy it when I see it for a good price but I probably won't try to play it again until the actual PS5 version comes out.

Edited by Killbomb

And now they have just released Hotfix 1.06. This should help with the crashes.

https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/37214/hotfix-1-06

CD Projekt Red Cyberpunk page

Hotfix 1.06 is available on PC and consoles! Here is the full list of changes:

Quests

• Dum Dum will no longer go missing from Totentanz entrance during Second Conflict.

Console-specific

• Improved memory management and stability, resulting in fewer crashes.

PC-specific

• Removed the 8 MB save file size limit. Note: this won’t fix save files corrupted before the update.