The Ultra Rare Cleanup 2021

5 minutes ago, Copanele said:

And for Catherine I will be completely honest, don't be disappointed in me : I SUCK AT BRICKS!!!! Bricks are HELL! So I need to prepare myself mentally before adding that. Can't handle bricks and sheep for the life of me!

I've spent the last day playing Catherine and this sums up my experience so far lmao

• Like 1

Long time no reply man ? I have played very little of any game on my list and that's why i'm gonna swap around two titles.

Instead of Call of Juarez i'll take Quantum Theory which i am boosting for online trophies since a few days ago.

Puppeeter goes and in comes World War Z. I've been playing this a lot last month and i need only two trophies. I have finished 7 of 14 missions on Insane Difficulty and besides that i'll need 5.5 pvp classes on max plus a lot more money to buy all perks.

I have played The Last Guardian within the last month, i don't know how far i'm in but more importantly i haven't unlocked a single trophy yet.

Haven't played Yu-Gi-Oh at all since my last comment.

I do plan to finish WWZ and QT next month :)

Quantum Theory 11/51 (15%)

Yu-Gi-Oh Millennium Duels 3.77%. Personal Progress: 10/12 (61%)

Rocket League 0.82%. Personal Progress: 100% :platinum: (88%)

The Last Guardian. 3.29%. Personal Progress: 0%

World War Z 33/36 (81%)

• Like 2

Well damn, this was a crazy day it seems...

9 hours ago, AuburnDRM said:

With 5 games done, it's time to move on to Tier 6 more games. 

snip

Ongoing games:

Reveal hidden contents
  • Trials Fusion (0.1%)
  • Cloudberry Kingdom (0.09%)
  • Tetris Effect (0.47%)
  • Jump King (3.08%)

Completed games:

Reveal hidden contents
  • Splasher (2.33%) :platinum:
  • Downwell (2.00%) :platinum:
  • Tricky Towers (1.04% / 0.79%) :platinum:
  • OlliOlli 2 (0.62%) :platinum:
  • Lapis x Labyrinth (2.94%) :platinum:

Congratulations for forcing us to rearrange the spreadsheet, you have so many games the Tier cells went berserk ? but seriously congrats!

13 minutes ago, Danny_Johansen said:

Tier 1

1. Crypt of the Necrodancer (0,04 UR) - 100%
  2. Trials Fusion(0,1) - 2%
  3. Nuclear Throne(0,41 UR) - 0%
  4. Dariusburst(0,41 UR) - 0%
  5. Super Street Fighter IV (0,55 UR) - 57%

Crypt of the Necrodancer is done. I am glad to be done with it and finally having the 100%. The DLC was actually kind of boring. Most of misc trophies are kind of gimmicky so not really that fun and the 13 char run is just to long. I played it mostly save so the run took close to 5 hours. In total this took me close to 5 years to complete, a total of 676 hours on ps4 and roughly 100 hours on vita.

Not sure what I will be playing next with the ps3 servers maybe going offline. I will focus more on ps3 games for now.

Congratulations for the mad achievement!!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Well damn, this was a crazy day it seems...

Congratulations for forcing us to rearrange the spreadsheet, you have so many games the Tier cells went berserk 1f602.png but seriously congrats!

Thank you! I was actually thinking about that earlier today and was going to suggest something like how it is now. ? It's looking really good!

16 minutes ago, AuburnDRM said:

Thank you! I was actually thinking about that earlier today and was going to suggest something like how it is now. 1f605.png It's looking really good!

Arcesius was the mastermind behind that, I suck big time with anything that is Excel based.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Danny_Johansen said:

Tier 1

1. Crypt of the Necrodancer (0,04 UR) - 100%
  2. Trials Fusion(0,1) - 2%
  3. Nuclear Throne(0,41 UR) - 0%
  4. Dariusburst(0,41 UR) - 0%
  5. Super Street Fighter IV (0,55 UR) - 57%

Crypt of the Necrodancer is done. I am glad to be done with it and finally having the 100%. The DLC was actually kind of boring. Most of misc trophies are kind of gimmicky so not really that fun and the 13 char run is just to long. I played it mostly save so the run took close to 5 hours. In total this took me close to 5 years to complete, a total of 676 hours on ps4 and roughly 100 hours on vita.

Not sure what I will be playing next with the ps3 servers maybe going offline. I will focus more on ps3 games for now.

I can safely say you are more gifted, skilled, talented and determined than I will ever be as a gamer. 

Insanity. 

8 minutes ago, dertswa687o said:

Meanwhile Dariusburst's other trophies are stupid. The titular Chronicle Saviours mode is 220 missions of no substance.

Pretty much the definition of padding, you have courage for grinding them out so quick I must say. This trophy alone took me several months just because of how much of a drag it was and it's one of the main reasons I took a long break before practicing bird of legend. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dertswa687o said:

Tier 1:

1. Crash 4 (3.78%)

2. Hyper Light Drifter (2.39%) - :platinum: 100%

3. Dariusburst: Chronicle Saviors (0.48%) - :platinum: 100%

4. SteamWorld Dig 2 (4.00%) - :platinum: 100%

5. Dead Cells (3.64%)

Dariusburst is done. Please allow me to rant a bit because this plat was much more stupid and long than I anticipated.

You of course have the one hard trophy in the game for beating the QUZ route without getting hit. This trophy is fine. The route is learnable and it feels satisfying when you manage to pull it off. This is the kind of trophy that I think of when I think of a shmup. A long time ago I got 1000G on Akai Katana, a Cave shmup. To complete that game you essentially have to have 3 perfect runs of the 30-minute bullet hell bloodbath: a no miss run in Slash mode up to the final boss, a 1CC in Origin mode getting an extremely high score, and a 1CC without using the main mechanic of the game (this one I have a very low-quality video of me achieving). Each of these runs is tough, but they're all also doable with practice. I felt like I developed a lot of skill in the game and that all paid off when I achieved those runs. The Ikaruga trophy list is another example of a good shmup trophy list.

The rest of the achievements in Akai Katana are pretty trivial in comparison and do not take much effort, which is fine since the game knows its 7 stages are solid. Meanwhile Dariusburst's other trophies are stupid. The titular Chronicle Saviours mode is 220 missions of no substance. At first, it starts out fine as you're working on counter killing all the bosses you face. But that well of entertainment dries up very very quickly. Suddenly all you're doing is going through the same stages over and over and over and killing the same bosses over and over and over using the same strategies with the same ship every time. There's no goal other than to make it to the end so you can move on to the next mission. The stages are the worst part since you can't speed them up and you also face the same enemy patterns over and over and over. I swear there are like 15 generic enemy types in the whole game. And while you're going through this endless repetition of stages and bosses you already beat 20 times already, the missions themselves are getting longer and longer. As you approach the end, missions are commonly 8-14 stages long which can take 30 minutes. You know the grind is stupid if the guy who's completed Star Ocean 4 three times is complaining about it.

Now, each mission does have a preset ship you can use if you want to upload your score to the leaderboard. Maybe the devs intended people to grind the missions for a high score. But then you look at some of the harder missions and there are only 7 people on the leaderboard because the missions are too difficult to even beat with the preset ships.

Another perplexing thing about CS mode is that there are 3 types of missions. The vast majority of missions are simple "beat the stages/bosses". The second type is a small variant on this where you get a timer and are partially scored based on how quickly you cleared the enemies and bosses, while getting hit adds time to the timer. The third type has you defend the left side of the screen for a number of waves and then fight a boss. This third type is the most interesting but it is heavily underutilized. There are probably fewer than 10 of these missions among the whole 220. Since the other two types of missions are functionally the same, I found myself asking why they didn't create more of these. Give me some variety!

And then there's the counter kill trophy. This trophy is a good idea in theory but not in practice. There are 43 bosses and you have to kill each of them with a burst counter. There is no checklist in game for this so have fun manually keeping track. The other problem goes back to what I said earlier in that you'll face the same bosses over and over and over again. Iron Fossil? Yeah, it's a boss in the first stage of CS mode and the very last. You probably fight it 25 times. But what about Double Claw? 1 stage. Crimson Nightmare? 2 stages. G.T.B? 2 stages. You had better get those counter kills done first try or risk another 20 minutes to get back to the boss for another attempt. And there's simply no reason for Double Claw to be restricted to 1 stage (it's the final stage, too) when its palette swaps Force Claw, Solid Claw, and Twin Claw are thrown about the other 219 missions without a care in the world.

Perhaps I missed the point of the game. Perhaps I made a mistake grinding the plat out over the span of a couple weeks. Perhaps the localizers could have bothered to translate the loading screens in AC mode instead of leaving them in Japanese. These are eternal questions that may never be answered.

Im stacking it and can't even finish it in less than 3 weeks. Great that the new version don't have this trophy

• Like 2

4 hours ago, dertswa687o said:

-snip-

You clearly missed out on the deep lore in CS mode. ;)

It took me 9 months to get back to it, without this event, it would have been probably even longer.

Congratz on the plat!

• Like 3