Is this game that hard to plat due to the difficulty trophies?

S0R1C_

I read on FB and some forums that quite a lot of people didn't plat the game because of his high difficulty, what's your opinion? I'm afraid to waste time doing the other trophies then don't be able to plat the game because of the difficult

I dont think its markedly difficult relative to the other 2. That said the difficulty trophy only has a few tough spots, namely a spot towards the end. The check points are annoying in the highest difficulty but much of the overall difficulty is mitigated by doing an easy run and upgrading heavily then completing max difficulty in ng+.

Edited by jjtae13
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, S0R1C_ said:

I read on FB and some forums that quite a lot of people didn't plat the game because of his high difficulty, what's your opinion? I'm afraid to waste time doing the other trophies then don't be able to plat the game because of the difficult

that depends, because you need luck. Its hard if, and only if, you aren't lucky. Its 20% skills and 80% luck, i would say in deadly obsession difficulty.

Edited by bunshing

How hard or troublesome is platting this whole trilogy compared to, say, the Uncharted series? Just noticed I own all three games but never played any.

For instance, the Uncharted trilogy on PS4 had no multiplayer and pretty forgiving time attack trials and checkpoints on crushing difficulty.

Uncharted 4 had multiplayer trophies but mostly of the "doe everything once" kind.

i dont remember anything memorable from my whateverhardestdiffcalled run so probably nothing hard, its just checkpointless run (some section still give you checkpoint thankfully) the hardest part is platforming, since there no more marker and sometimes camera fuck up your jump but nothing serious

Not even remotely hard, imho. Game has very few combat sequences (which shouldn't pose much of a threat if playing on NG+). I would say it is more annoying than difficult, only because of the lack of automatic checkpoints (and the inconsistency of the very few that exist) and the iffy timing of some jumps in those scripted cinematic chases.

• Like 2

Like someone else said his game is not hard at all to Plat and 100%. If you do New game and New Game Plus it would be about a 3-4/10. If you try to do everything in one playthrough it would just be a 4/10. The hard part of doing 1 playthrough is that puzzles have shorten time limits so trying to go for both collectables and gameplay can be a little challenging.

35 minutes ago, skinnybass said:

How hard or troublesome is platting this whole trilogy compared to, say, the Uncharted series? Just noticed I own all three games but never played any.

For instance, the Uncharted trilogy on PS4 had no multiplayer and pretty forgiving time attack trials and checkpoints on crushing difficulty.

Uncharted 4 had multiplayer trophies but mostly of the "doe everything once" kind.

It's not a full 1:1 comparison but I would call it easier (having a platinum in all except the first TR due to MP trophies and Uncharted 1 due to plain annoying mechanics on Crushing)

Deadly obsession on NG+ was to me easier than Crushing/Brutal on U2, U3 or U4 checkpoints are annoying at best and for the few iffy sections involving jumps and platforming you mostly rely on memory from the first run or quickly check a YT playthrough just to be sure. With everything upgraded and conservative play much like Uncharted on highest diffs it's not challenging at all I honestly don't remember any part that in any way jeopardized my controller - and that I completed the run in one day just rushing through and ignoring cutscenes and all the side stuff. I got the 100% completion stuff on my easy run on 29th and finished the DO NG+ run on the 30th.

For me it was a solid game, worth a playthrough and a NG+ follow-up speedrun for the plat - you shouldn't encounter much trouble with Uncharted platinum experience here.

• Like 2

If you do it on ng+ the difficulty is trivial. The only issue i could see anyone having is the cenote section of the game as its really really long with no camp to save for a loooong time. To finish up you have a pretty gnarly climbing section where the difficulty is artificially ramped up because the climbing is inexplicably shit in this section for whatever reason

13 hours ago, S0R1C_ said:

I'm a casual trophy hunter and I got this platinum. The oil field climbing section was the hardest and most frustrating bit on DO difficulty. Some of the places you have to jump are unclear and the checkpoint will set you about 15 minutes back if you screw up a jump. It took me about 4 tries. Otherwise DO was an enjoyable and totally doable platinum experience. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, bunshing said:

that depends, because you need luck. Its hard if, and only if, you aren't lucky. Its 20% skills and 80% luck, i would say in deadly obsession difficulty.

I quickly checked different forums and it looks like this is true: it's more based on luck than skill. Which means that it's more based on your mental strength.

However, I would add that playing on DO should be the LAST thing to do. Unless you're pretty confident, DLCs should be done before, because when starting a NG+ on DO, it seems that this difficulty is set permanently and this cannot be changed.

• Like 1

On 7.1.2021 at 6:54 PM, droppingtherock said:

I'm a casual trophy hunter and I got this platinum. The oil field climbing section was the hardest and most frustrating bit on DO difficulty. Some of the places you have to jump are unclear and the checkpoint will set you about 15 minutes back if you screw up a jump. It took me about 4 tries. Otherwise DO was an enjoyable and totally doable platinum experience. 

There is a small exploit to make this section a lot more easier:

Simply after clearing out the enemy camps but before proceeding to getting the bow & Fear Arrows simply go back to campfire and save. 

Idk if you can climb back up once you get the fear arrows but if you can then you could technically go back and save after that as well.

It'll save you at least a fair bit of time.

Edited by jenny_232
  • Like 1

Does anyone know what the MP trophy requirements are to 100% each game in this trilogy? I’ve seen conflicting info and the summaries in the guides aren’t specifically clear RE: DLC being factored, as best I can work out it’s.

Tomb Raider: Competitive + Coop

Rise of: A lot of Coop in the DLC trophies

Shadow of: A little Coop in the DLC.

Edited by Tsundokuist

3 minutes ago, Tsundokuist said:

Does anyone know what the MP trophy requirements are to 100% each game in this trilogy? I’ve seen conflicting info and the summaries in the guides aren’t specifically clear RE: DLC being factored, as best I can work out it’s.

The first game is the worst. It has about 15 online trophies, some of which will require other players, and the rest of which can be done by yourself in private matches. The grind to reach level 60 is very long and boring, but one silver lining is that it can be done completely on your own in a private lobby, so you don’t have to worry about organizing groups and relying on other players.

Rise of the Tomb Raider has very minimal multiplayer requirements in the Endurance DLC. And it’s only co-op, you just need one partner to get all the trophies. All the others DLCs are single player.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider is entirely single player, with a couple of the DLCs having the option for co-op. But I don’t believe it is required for the trophies.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tsundokuist said:

Can confirm what the person above me said. Shadow can be done to 100% offline.

On 10-1-2021 at 6:58 PM, BestUsername---- said:

Can confirm what the person above me said. Shadow can be done to 100% offline.

Yes you should see it like this :

Tomb Raider (8 people needed for competitive, getting lvl 50 can be done solo)

Rise of the Tomb raider ( 1 person needed) 

Shadow of the Tomb Raider (Solo)

Deadly Obsession isn't too hard. I recommend playing it all on easy first, get all miscellaneous trophies and the collectables out of the way first. Play it on deadly Obsession in your Ng+ without having to worry about anything else and by then you should know your way around.Rise of the tomb raider was harder. Shadow is the easiest of them all.

Deadly Obsession is very doable as long as you don't start the game in that difficulty. You should definitely do two playthroughs. First on one of the easier difficulties to get most of the skills and 100% completion so that you can carry over that progress to the second playthrough. Once you finish your first playthrough, you'll know what to do in the puzzles and when to expect difficult climbing and combat sections.

Edited by Asimb0mb