Fun Horror Games to get a platinum trophy on?

EmberBloom

Hi, Im looking forward to get a platinum trophy on a horror game, but i don’t know which games i should get.

i am going to play Until Dawn bc i already got the platinum on my main account

any more recommendations?

Much Appreciated!

Edited by EmberBloom
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, TheDragonfly44 said:

They're not the easiest but Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil 3 Remake are some of the most fun I've had platinuming games

Yep, i already got the platinum for RE2 on my main account but the DLC trophy pack is quite hard and i have not managed to beat them yet. Im trying to keep 100% completion on this account so the DLC trophies are making me hesitate to start the game on this account

Dead Rising 

White Day is good, just completing ending collection takes a while.

Little Nightmares 2, first one is also very good just no platinum

I know people had issues with the Silent Hill HD Collection, but if you have access to a PS3, I recommend giving them a try. After the games were patched they do run pretty smoothly.

• Like 1

The Evil Within 1 & 2 are amazing games. Some of the best boss fights I've had in horror games. Also a big fan of _Observer (has a Bladerunner setting and you're a detective that "observes" by plugging into people to see if they are telling the truth...but he takes it too far by plugging into dead people when you're not supposed to since his son is involved). Friday the 13th is a must if you're a fan of the movies. It's a damn shame the lawsuit shut down all updates and future content as this game was going somewhere special. Personally, I'm looking forward to the new Evil Dead game, Resident Evil 8 and Gun Media's next surprise game which is rumored to be Halloween (same guys who did Friday the 13th game)

Edited by trojbrown40
spelling
  • Like 3

Alien Isolation is a very easy recommendation. Best one I've played. I'm not one to really get scared or jumpy in video games but I'd lie if I said there weren't moments where I felt some real tension creep up (in an awesome/adrenaline packed sort of way of course!).

What I loved about it is that it doesn't really employ any scary or cheap scary tactics that are obtrusive and causes you to just roll your eyes and say meh.. It relies on atmosphere, music, the lighting, the unpredictable behaviour of the A.I and the sound design (my god the sound..you really feel like you're on some spaceship with the way the 3D audio is implemented along with the muffled noises). They were just guy_fieri_chef_kiss Emoji for Slack

Hiding in that vent? Oh you think you're safe now? Guess what, alien can sniff you out as the game progresses if you keep using the same places every time to hide! Think you can run around from objective to objective? Guess what, the alien will hear the sound of your loud footsteps then sort of try to cut you off from the path you're taking. 

Anyway, I can keep going on and on, but it's something you have to experience yourself. Should you choose to try it out, I hope you enjoy the hospital level. >:P.

• Like 2

My three favourite horror games, which are more creepy and atmospheric than outright horror, unfortunately do not have platinums. But I still highly recommend them if only for the experience alone:

- Inside

- Little Nightmares

- SOMA

Little Nightmares II came out recently, and it does have a platinum. The trophy list is pretty simple and straightforward and has no speedrun/no death trophy like the first one did. The game is also a prequel, so it could be played with no knowledge from the first one. So Little Nightmares II will be my platinum recommendation.

• Like 3

With Until Dawn out the way, acknowledgement that "horror" doesn't exclusively equate to the experience of being scary or how scary it is, and emphasis on "fun" experiences, I'd say

The Walking Dead: The Telltale Definitive series 

Noticed you only played the first game, which means you have some idea of the horrific things—actions, events, and choices—that take place throughout. Among also being a legitimate easy platinum, this collection gives you every single episode and season ever released, plus good exclusive bonus content. 

Dying Light: The Following - Enhanced Edition

This is an RPG and there's a few low demanding coop trophies, but this is one of the best and most fun "zombie" games out there. It's kind of like a horror themed Borderlands (first person, single player-by-choice, RPG, with drop-in-and-out coop, varying grades of weapons, prominent looting system, rideable vehicles w/ passenger spot, etc) but in a more condensed world, with "zombies", a well designed and fluid parkour system, and more emphasis on slashing—includes full dismemberment system—than the over-integrated shooting mechanic seen in the vast other zombie-like games. Have to add the easter eggs (some of being acquisition of Link's Master Sword and Alien related things) and gameplay are phenomenal.

Alien Isolation

Borderline due to "beat game without dying" trophy, but this can be avoided simply with checkpoint restarts before death, all without relying on the silly Cloud exploit. An even stronger recommendation if you're a Dead Space [series] and Alien [movie series] fan, which if you've watched any of that is what the game impressively imitates. One of the legitimate best AAA horror titles of at least the console's generation.

A lot of other great horror games either don't have a platinum (INSIDE, SOMA), aren't available on PS4 but on PS3 (Dead Space), or range on the more grind/difficult side (The Forest, Dead Nation).

Edited by EcoShifter
added insight

On 2/25/2021 at 6:15 PM, Cosmokeeper said:

Great topic and here are my recommendations. I know some have already been mentioned but here goes:

- Visage

- Bloodborne

- Dark Souls 1-3

- Alien Isolation

- Blair Witch

- Observer

- Layers of Fear (no platinum but awesome horror game)

- Layers of Fear 2

- Perception

- Amnesia Collection

- Amnesia Rebirth

- The Forest

- Get Even

- Dying Light

- Injection 23: No Name, No Number

- Dawn of Fear

- Lone Survivor

- The Sinking City

- Call of Cthulhu

- White Day

- The Evil Within 1 and 2

- Prey

- Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice

- The Persistence

- Moons of Madness

- Don't Knock Twice

- Silver Chains

- Remothered: Broken Porcelain

- Black Mirror

- Daymare 1998

- The Suicide of Rachel Foster

- S.O.N

- Those Who Remain

- Maid of Sker

- Outlast 1 and 2

- Any of the PS 3 and PS 4 Resident Evil games

- Demon's Souls

- Dead Space 1-3 (PS 3)

- Silent Hill HD Collection (PS 3)

Great list, this is pretty solid.

One that I strongly DON'T recommend is Paranormal Activity: The Lost Soul. Glitchiest game I ever played... shoulda took 1-2 playthroughs, took me 7...

• Like 2

On 25/02/2021 at 11:15 PM, Cosmokeeper said:

Great topic and here are my recommendations. I know some have already been mentioned but here goes:

- Visage

- Bloodborne

- Dark Souls 1-3

- Alien Isolation

- Blair Witch

- Observer

- Layers of Fear 2

- Perception

- Amnesia Collection

- Amnesia Rebirth

- The Forest

- Get Even

- Dying Light

- Dawn of Fear

- Lone Survivor

- The Sinking City

- Call of Cthulhu

- White Day

- Prey

- The Persistence

- Moons of Madness

- Don't Knock Twice

- Silver Chains

- Black Mirror

- Daymare 1998

- S.O.N

- Those Who Remain

- Maid of Sker

- Outlast 1 and 2

- Demon's Souls

- Dead Space 1-3 (PS 3)

This is a great list - and especially gratifying to see Lone Survivor on there - That game is something really special.

I’d add SOMA - if the presence of a platinum is not a total dealbreaker - it’s missing one (inexplicably) but is an outstanding game

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1

The Amnesia Collection

Alien Isolation

On 26/02/2021 at 0:15 AM, Cosmokeeper said:

- Visage

- Bloodborne

- Dark Souls 1-3

- Alien Isolation

- Blair Witch

- Observer

- Layers of Fear 2

- Perception

- Amnesia Collection

- Amnesia Rebirth

- The Forest

- Get Even

- Dying Light

- Dawn of Fear

- Lone Survivor

- The Sinking City

- Call of Cthulhu

- White Day

- Prey

- The Persistence

- Moons of Madness

- Don't Knock Twice

- Silver Chains

- Black Mirror

- Daymare 1998

- S.O.N

- Those Who Remain

- Maid of Sker

- Outlast 1 and 2

- Demon's Souls

- Dead Space 1-3 (PS 3)

I don’t know why people are saying this is a great list. Yeah, they’re great games but trophy lists can seriously ruin the fun of a game sometimes. Silent HD Collection runs horribly, The Evil Within is a ridiculously hard plat and White Day can bug out making you have to start all over again, The Forest is indeed horror but also survival, Outlast 1 has no plat.

These are great games but not all of them are the best options for someone who “just wants to enjoy and get a plat”.

• Like 1