Life Is Strange: True Colors - September 10th

7 minutes ago, MarcusPunisher said:

By the looks of it, I'm not the only person who thought that, so you haven't really won anything lol.

Haven't play that, nor am I ever planning to. 

So you haven't played it but yet you are sure it's not good, but somehow I who have played it am wrong because I say its good. Alrighty then.

And actually I consider myself a winner because I enjoyed the game, and don't base my opinions about media from other people. Bazinga!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, GoldenShaka said:

Interesting, I remember before Before the storm was released LIS detractors always pointed not just poor writing but unbelievable characters. Suddenly out of nowhere all teenagers were brilliant beings, with no need of validation, not immature, etc, etc. Maybe they're just used that in current movies most of teenagers are hyper smart, lack confidence just for an split second and later they have that much wisdom to even advice elderly. Their only issue is crazy hormones, otherwise they would be gods.

I'm very curious about how politics will be handled in the new one. :popcorn:

I don't care about today's teenagers. I think parents today are largely responsible for instilling fear into today's kids to where they don't want to escape the glass house they're trapped in. But that's another issue for another day.

Max was supposed to be 17 - 18 years old in Life is Strange but I guessed she really was no older than 14 - 15. Chloe was more hardened, who went through tough times and was exposed to drugs, yet she is seemingly more mature.

I liked Life is Strange for how it manipulated time and used that as an interesting mechanic. But I can't say I really loved the characters. They are such a far cry from the teenaged kids I went to school with, same with the teenaged kids my sister went to school with.

It's like with a number of the cast, the slightest bit of criticism was enough to get either Max or Chloe into an emotional fit. The grownups in the game were all pussies. Heavy Rain in contrast had a better understanding of kids.

On 12-3-2021 at 7:39 PM, Quink666 said:

I really hope we get a female protagonist this time. I much prefer that in story driven games like these. 

LiS 2 wasn’t bad but it suffered from what so many other games have. An annoying child. Daniel wasn’t as annoying as A.J in the final season of TWD but he still was annoying af. 

First season and Before the Storm was great and hopefully this one will be as well. With some luck we won’t have to wait 4 months between each episode like in LiS 2. 

Exactly how I felt :)!

Funny I’ve played walking dead definitive edition a few days ago and I was so annoyed with AJ, what a shitty kid. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Juzota said:

So you haven't played it but yet you are sure it's not good, but somehow I who have played it am wrong because I say its good. Alrighty then.

And actually I consider myself a winner because I enjoyed the game, and don't base my opinions about media from other people. Bazinga!

Maybe go back to my original comment dumbass. I never said that Tell me Why wasn't good, only that I haven't heard good things about it and based on the bad writing of LiS 2, I don't have any interest. ?

Good job for winning! I applaud to you and hand to you a nice participation trophy. Then again, I consider myself a winner, cause I rather spend my time playing better games and sometime the words of others can save you money from purchasing bad games that you don't enjoy.

Also, using Bazinga unironically. That's reaching some cringe territory. 

• Like 1

Just wanted to say - I really enjoyed all of the Life is Strange games so far. I don't think they portray teenage-angst and emotional turmoil accurately, it's more of an estimation of it written by someone much older. But even then, I don't think I have ever seen anything believable on that front since The Breakfast Club, so I think you have to suspend your disbelief to a certain extent going into these games.

I'm not sure if me saying that I enjoyed the franchise is going to infuriate some of the angrier people in this thread or if it translates to me indirectly stating a political opinion or stance. I honestly just liked the characters and their journeys to varying degrees.

With Life is Strange 3 - I'm cautiously optimistic in how they handle the idea of empathy as a superpower, can it even be classed as a superpower? because all I can think about is Deanna Troi from Star Trek.

Edited by Crispy_Oglop
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

With Life is Strange 3 - I'm cautiously optimistic in how they handle the idea of empathy as a superpower, can it even be classed as a superpower? because all I can think about is Deanna Troi from Star Trek.

I'd imagine it could be classified as a form of telepathy, yeah; it really depends on how "empathy" is interpreted. Are we going to just have a (hopefully less annoying and better dressed) Deanna Troi for a protagonist, or is it going to be like, an esoteric take on it, e.g. being able to see / feel the perspectives of other people, e.g. truly empathize with them?

16 hours ago, Darling Baphomet said:

I'd imagine it could be classified as a form of telepathy, yeah; it really depends on how "empathy" is interpreted. Are we going to just have a (hopefully less annoying and better dressed) Deanna Troi for a protagonist, or is it going to be like, an esoteric take on it, e.g. being able to see / feel the perspectives of other people, e.g. truly empathize with them?

*Bad guy shooting at protagonist and friends, screaming that he will kill them*

Deanna protagonist: Everyone be careful, I can sense he is angry. 

That sort of thing should only serve as a tutorial I imagine if this will be be any good. I imagine it'll be something like people feeling several emotions at once and you have to soothe their anger to make their sadness vulnerable, something like that.

The villain I would guess is someone who can trick the power with sheer psychopathy. 

• 5 months later...
On 3/12/2021 at 10:34 AM, Trini said:

I never got around to getting the second one yet, but the prequel and the original were very well done, IMO. If they can recreate that same magic, I'm all in. 

The first game is a once-in-a-series kind of magic. Sorry, but you'll never get that same magic out of the series ever again.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, HondaHoe said:

Is this game episodic like all the others?

for those who buy the deluxe edition…. When will the other 2 LiS remasters be available?

the PS4 Remastered collection is actually available for preorder now, with a release date of the 30th of this month, so my assumption is that the PS5 versions included in the Ultimate Bundle will be made available on that date, if not before

14 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

the PS4 Remastered collection is actually available for preorder now, with a release date of the 30th of this month, so my assumption is that the PS5 versions included in the Ultimate Bundle will be made available on that date, if not before

Those remasters were delayed until 2022 (not that I understand why they would be “remastered” for the PS4 but that is another story.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-08-11-life-is-strange-remastered-collection-release-delayed-to-2022

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, djb5f said:

Those remasters were delayed until 2022 (not that I understand why they would be “remastered” for the PS4 but that is another story.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-08-11-life-is-strange-remastered-collection-release-delayed-to-2022

Oh okay - weird they haven’t updated the PS Store yet!

Ta!