Reversal: PS3, Vita, And PSP Stores To No Longer Close Permanently

WaddysWDS

44 minutes ago, Helyx said:

Long story short, this is all bullshit right?

It's probably like that Black Ops server story all over again.

19 minutes ago, DEI2EK said:

What a fucking dumb tweet. If your console is modded, just pirate whatever games you want. Literally no reason to preserve your "legitimate" copies. No one is gonna kick down your door to check that your PS3 digital games don't have code that match up identically to ones from torrent sites.

• Like 1

The amazing thing about this thread is it went from "Sony removing PS3/Vita/PSP stores" to "Sony are closing the online components altogether of PS3/Vita/PSP" to "Sony is locking out your trophies on PS3/Vita/PSP" from the same article.

Sony would have to shut down its entire network for months just to remove features for PS3/Vita/PSP. This would affect PS4/PS5 access too.

I'm inclined to believe what's happening (look at the rumors with the web store on PC for PS3/Vita games being removed), but even then it would be a stretch and would completely kill any momentum Sony has with PS5. But I'm sure Jim Ryan doesn't care and is proven to be a poor choice for Playstation, which may be why people are believing it.

So what I'm saying is -- relax. I don't think it'll be as bad as people are saying. You'll still be able to download your PS3/Vita games. You'll still able to earn trophies on PS3/Vita games.

Edited by POEman553

12 minutes ago, KingSkovald said:

Fuck Sony
Thanks for everyone's attention

the exclusion of communities from ps4 was one of the things that completely took my disliking to Sony. while they listen to the playerbase (adding option to change id), they also don’t listen and take arbitrary action out of nowhere

A bit of repeat of my last post, but I've been using the links provided in this thread:

And I did some math on how much I need to spend each month before the store closes by the rumored date: About U$10 per month (After currency conversion) until July worth of DLCs if I don't buy Mass Effect 3 DLC, not half bad as thought it would be. This list is missing some PS1/PS2 RPG Classics I would love to have it digitally in my account but I have other "means" to get them anyway, so it's all good. Unfortunately with the direction Sony is taking recently, I can't help but believe that this rumor may be true after all. I hate rumors and spreading misinformation and that's why I'm still taking this with a grain of salt, but I'm also preparing myself if it comes to be true, better be safe than sorry I guess.

Edited by Otonio_Bruno
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, kevao97 said:

the exclusion of communities from ps4 was one of the things that completely took my disliking to Sony. while they listen to the playerbase (adding option to change id), they also don’t listen and take arbitrary action out of nowhere

what can I say, I'm fighting almost 5 months already with their retarded support to fix this shit: The ‘Buy’ option is gone - PlayStation 3 - PSNProfiles
this shit was the reason that one dlc that required language version selection after purchase glitched for me, after 4 months those fools redirected my query to engineering team
engineering team probably said we can't fix this shit, let's just shut it down

9 minutes ago, KingSkovald said:

what can I say, I'm fighting almost 5 months already with their retarded support to fix this shit: The ‘Buy’ option is gone - PlayStation 3 - PSNProfiles
this shit was the reason that one dlc that required language version selection after purchase glitched for me, after 4 months those fools redirected my query to engineering team

Phaha - at least, you were able to literally reach those morons - I've had no success so far.

This sucks so much. I hope the trophy sync option stays up at least (it probably will, unless they ditch PS3 streaming on PS Now).

I don't have that many digital only games I want to buy anyway, might just save up a bit and buy a few of them in the following 2 months.

6 minutes ago, The_Mighty_Ducks said:

Why do I get the feeling that cause of this rumor that Playstation is going to turn off the servers on April Fools day and tweet "Its been a great journey and now it has come to an end"

cIn519D.jpg

Eternally yours.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, KingSkovald said:

My buy option is gone as well. I didn't know this was a thing until now. Fuck this shit

Honestly I hope this isn't true but have zero faith in most things right now so it wouldn't surprise me if it was verified as true.

However if it comes out as verified I'll be dumping Sony, I've always wanted a PC and chosen PS whatever instead but I think this would maim it for me.

Old store is working properly but I didn't know it's still up before buying DLC via ps3 store with that glitched button.
Now I can't choose language version from web store cause version I bought from ps3 store is different from what's available on old web store, if that makes sense

Sony monkeys can't fix this shit for almost half year

Edited by KingSkovald