Let's save PS Store for PS3, PS Vita and PSP. Update: PS3 and Vita Saved

Lord_BenWon

8 minutes ago, ExHaseo said:

Even the Wii shop got taken down, and that was a far more popular than the PS3.

Seriously? Didn't the Wii Shop only have a small batch of digital-only and emulated games compared to the PS3? The PS3 even had genuine AAA titles in digital format at a certain point.

Edited by Lance_87
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

If PS Now gets PS1 and PS2 classics with trophy support, I can justify the subscription

I just went through the entire PS Now catalog looking for something interesting to play. I couldn't find a single game to justify the current $1 sale price.

6 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

Seriously? Didn't the Wii Shop only have a small batch of digital-only and emulated games compared to the PS3? The PS3 even had genuine AAA titles in digital format at a certain point.

Only ones I know of were the WiiWare titles, there were also the virtual console games, but they got released again on the WiiU

51 minutes ago, Helyx said:

I just went through the entire PS Now catalog looking for something interesting to play. I couldn't find a single game to justify the current $1 sale price.

It's a dollar? Lol.

You are also taking what I'm saying out of context. The only thing I am really going to miss are the older, emulated games that are not available elsewhere. If there was an avenue elsewhere to play these like PS Now, I won't have to sit here and drop 100+ on games. My point was more about trying to save myself money on PS1/PS2 classics, not that PS Now is too expensive.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07

18 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

It's a dollar? Lol.

It was a temporary sale.

I understand what you're saying though, about emulating legacy games with trophy support. That could possibly be interesting in the future if/when it becomes a reality, but as it stands today, PS Now has zero value to me.

• Like 2

I get the frustrations completely. They should’ve announced this way sooner. We all know by now that Playstation is greedy and like someone else said here, Microsoft keeps making good decisions while Playstation is going downhill. It’s utter bullshit what they’re doing here, it is very disrespectful towards us.

For people with good internet: if they add far more PS3 games on PS Now, it would be cheaper since it’s only €50-60 a year. At least that’s something positive to get out from it, although again... this was probably another profit move, more people will pay for the subscription.

Edited by LoveInHell
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Lord_BenWon said:

The decision of Sony to close the PS Store for PS3, PS Vita and PSP is really disrespective to the customers and developers. The argument of "it's inevitable or it's gonna to happen someday" has nothing to do with what's going on now.

In my opinion it's reasonable to close features or services that have very small amount of people using, which is not this case, the amount of people that were concerned and talking about this in the internet is the proof of this. The proof that people still care for these systems, still use these services and want this legacy to be preserved.

How every other company is doing things right and Sony continues to disrespect the customer even more?  How this decision is considered normal for some people? Consoles, especially the PS3 and PS Vita still have many people that buy games there. 

The argument that it was bound to happen has merit though. The ps3 life cycle was about 7 years and it's now almost over 15 years which is surprising even that they kept it alive for this long. Huge majority of gamers have moved onto ps4 and are now looking to make the jump to ps5. Thing about a situation like this is that were on a trophy hunting site with a lot of people that still might have a checklist of ps3 and vita games so of course the outcry might make it seem like a majority but that's not the reality. You'll hear from the very small percentage of people who either trophy hunt or still primarily game on ps3 and vita but not from the millions of average gamers who probably don't care nor will be affected by this. Definitely should of gave at least 6 months notice though. 

Edited by BrandedBerserk
  • Like 2

I care less about the ps1 and ps2 games to be honest. A ps2 console isn't too expensive and as long as the ps2 versions are still reasonably priced I would just get the original.

And the ps3 can play ps1 discs as long as they are from the same region as the ps3. (Some ps1 games have issues so research first)

This obviously doesn't count for ps1/ps2 games that have gotten far too expensive.

I'm mainly focused on digital only games that once the store is down are literally impossible to get legit. What I'm saying basically is even with the store down the original ps1 and ps2 copies of games will still exist, digital only will not.

Edited by charxsetsuna

24 minutes ago, MandA60VISE said:

Oh sweetheart the prices for physical PS2 games are steadily rising. PS3 games are likely going to start going up in price too instead of stagnating at $15-30.

Yes but from a preservation outlook those games will never be completely gone. You could always save up for them at any time within reason of course.

Digital only games if the store they are being sold on goes then the games are gone,regardless if you save up for it.

A example , doesn't matter how much you are willing to pay you cant get pt legit anymore.

However the dragon quest remakes on ds are very expensive but there's nothing stopping you from buying them if you got the money. Physical dragon quest copies aren't going to vanish.

Edited by charxsetsuna

ok this is really pisses me off , I don't know how the ppl think theses days wanted to save the situation after they announced it , that should be BEFORE everything for example make a hashtag on Twitter NOT AFTER  ok? NOT AFTER the announcement cuz it will be useless in here on PSN profiles  . 

I knew right away when Jim Ryan said "Why would anybody play this?" That PlayStation has no desire or patience to keep anything old going.

They don't care... 

It's all about money basically. 

They want you to buy newest hardware and software so they can make money off of you. 

Xbox may not be as good as PlayStation. But Phil Spencer gets the gamers. They know how gamers think. 

Btw, I'm not an Xbox fan boy. I like all 3 companies. But my preference is PlayStation cause of all the time and effort I put in. 

Edited by The_Mighty_Ducks
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, The_Kopite said:

Least Sony could do is one final hurrah and reduce everything on those store fronts by at least 50%! 

This is why I’m going to prioritize the lowest priced games for now, then when the last month is around the corner, it’ll be just the high price ones left for a potential (and so very unlikely) sale. Fortunately there’s more turning up on disc as I search that I previously thought there were, though just for Europe or Japan.

• Like 2

Just saying most of the vita Library can be saved in pc file form. As you can dl the game then move them to pc. So if a emulator is made to run off this state or a file add to bypass the account check. The roms of vita games I have can still be played legally. After the kill date. 

Going to have to get a side job... 1k isn't going to be easy to pick up?

Edited by Zid960
Cleaning up misunderstanding

1 hour ago, DaivRules said:

You're right. I was interpreting the post as offering to share their dump of Vita games. Backing up your own games is definitely legal.

Yup just saying these no reason to cry to much.? cuz as long as you back them up on your PC. Even if Sony stops the DL ability. You can still own it. And at some point a emulator will be made to use it later on. So when your hardware fails. There still a way to play...

Without rebuy or dipping into the sea?

The vita library will be well preserved. By those that love it. 

Ps3 on the other hand? there's just so many titles. Some will be lost. 

Edited by Zid960
Typeo and error fix