The Last Of Us Remake PS5

1 hour ago, Abby_TheLastofUs said:

The story also says a pitch for the Days Gone sequel was rejected, and that a new Uncharted game is in development.

Here's a link to the whole story. I recommend everyone read it.

RIP Days Gone, such an underrated game with room to grow sequel-wise

Hopefully it gets another chance in the years to come.

Could probably recite the first games' single player game script from memory at this point, after like 10 playthroughs across 2 versions ?, buts long as the multiplayer is part of it, I'm down for another go at it ☺️

The only thing that disappointed me about TLOU2 was the removal of that MP - it was one of the best on console, and still heard very little about the supposed separate TLOU2 MP.

I was sad enough after Assassin's Creed stopped doing the only other Multiplayer I ever loved...?

Edited by DrBloodmoney

Makes sense to me - a tie in with the HBO series so that Sony can capitalise on interest in the property to sell consoles. 

Boring for us who have already played the game to death, but we are not the target audience. 

Who the fuck am I kidding, I'd buy TLoU 1 again in a heartbeat...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, StrickenBiged said:

Makes sense to me - a tie in with the HBO series so that Sony can capitalise on interest in the property to sell consoles. 

Boring for us who have already played the game to death, but we are not the target audience. 

Who the fuck am I kidding, I'd buy TLoU 1 again in a heartbeat...

I forgot about that series - I wonder if they’ll end up doing the Spiderman thing, and causing a shitstorm on t’internet by changing Joel and Ellie’s faces to better match the actors in the series ?

That would certainly add a strange new twist to all those posts complaining about how the actor and actress don’t look the part ?

Edited by DrBloodmoney

the remake is not the biggest take of the recent article, what's interesting is how if you're not a studio that gave out a hit recently, like SantaMonica, Insomniac, Guerrilla, SuckerPunch, you're pretty much dev fodder for NaughtyDog, wow, I wonder how do these studios feel that they're one non crazy successful game away from being NaughtyDog's handmaids

1 hour ago, Sendai-Horatio said:

If you're that interested in old games you should already own the systems and games. I've got all my stuff from back on the PS1 still.

Not everyone had the money to own all the consoles or experience all the games they wanted to in previous generations, especially considering some people were kids back then without jobs. Can't just lump everyone together and decide they have the same opportunities as you. 

• Like 3

I'm open to this I remember there were some concepts that never made it into the original due to the limit of the PS3 or they just ran out of time...I think could be wrong on that. Correct me if I am wrong but I remember hearing or reading that they wanted to put infected animals into the game and one of them was gonna be a Elephant that would chase after Joel and Ellie, I mean being chased by a Elephant is scary but a infected Elephant that's terrifying...sign me up! Again I could be completely wrong on that and might be thinking of another game. 

Edited by Cal

I wish they gave us something new and interesting (like TLOU2) instead of a remake. It would be great for them to take some risks and not make so many safe games, by which I mean they feel somewhat formulaic. It seemes strangely early to have a remake of this instead of something new. Can't imagine what a remake of TLOU 1 would look like, it's not very plot heavy and the story is quite simple, so beside updated combat or something, what would they change?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dav9834 said:

This! 

We don't need a remake of TloU! It's fine! Leave it! In reality they'd probably screw it up. If it's not broken don't fix it. But if you want to remake something, have it be relatively old. 

Legend of Dragoon would sell very well, and it would bring hope of other remakes. 

Look at the sales of Resident Evil 2 Remake.

But the TloU remake is such a head scratcher... Why? I don't know if it's true. Maybe it got canned in full. 

Because it's just ridiculous 

Sony only cares about AAA blockbusters now

Smaller games are pretty much off the table, thanks Jim Ryan.

So don't expect remakes of smaller games anymore

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, JourneySilvers said:

Not everyone had the money to own all the consoles or experience all the games they wanted to in previous generations, especially considering some people were kids back then without jobs. Can't just lump everyone together and decide they have the same opportunities as you. 

It's out for the PS4. It's out for the PS3. If you do not have either of those- you can play it on the PS5 . Point being, it's available on multiple platforms already. I am not being mean- but most of us have played it and do not want anyone to mess with the game. There are plenty of other games that could use and deserve a remake. TLOU doesn't. It's still fine. The graphics are superb on either version

Edited by sealightbreeze