Trophies?

1 hour ago, N1NJ4_V4MP1R3 said:

If this isn’t the place to complain about a rubbish trophy list or no plat, where is? 

I have the game on PS2 but might have considered picking this up if it had an engaging trophy list...

I agree that the trophy list is rubbish but it's still a great game, I'm saying about the people that won't play it just because of the lack of trophies need a life

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

This is always a funny thing to see, like you are so elevated to be able to judge another person that their decisions regarding anything mean that they are in need of a lifestyle adjustment. You're just as big a nerd as anyone else here, you just approach playing videogames a little differently. I don't care about this game by the way, the list and the price are just unacceptable

big nerd and happy about it :) nerd basically means you really enjoy something

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

Yeah, we're all nerds. But you, a nerd, telling another person, also a nerd, to get a life as we all sit here talking about a 20 year old fantasy game, is the thing that makes my eyes roll to the back of my head

this is a great response tbf, don't have anything to reply with but it made me laugh :)

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

This is always a funny thing to see, like you are so elevated to be able to judge another person that their decisions regarding anything mean that they are in need of a lifestyle adjustment. You're just as big a nerd as anyone else here, you just approach playing videogames a little differently. I don't care about this game by the way, the list and the price are just unacceptable

Unacceptable? The fact that they're even bothering to release the game on modern consoles instead of leaving it stranded on 15+ year old hardware is FAR more acceptable than you think, especially to fans of the Dark Alliance/Champions of Norrath series. Your logic is basically "I would only pay $40 for something like this if it had a platinum!!" when there's tons of people who would easily pay $60+ to see some of their favorite games of the past revived, trophies be damned, as evidenced by kickstarter/crowdfunding.

It comes off highly entitled and that's probably a factor into why we don't get a lot of game/franchise revivals.

Edited by SegaJAM
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MandA60VISE said:

What game?

Post below you got it right, Steins;Gate Linear Bounded Phenogram. The worst part is that it has a trophy list in Japan for the PS3 version, they could've just copied that. But they decided not to.

1 hour ago, SegaJAM said:

Unacceptable? The fact that they're even bothering to release the game on modern consoles instead of leaving it stranded on 15+ year old hardware is FAR more acceptable than you think, especially to fans of the Dark Alliance/Champions of Norrath series. Your logic is basically "I would only pay $40 for something like this if it had a platinum!!" when there's tons of people who would easily pay $60+ to see some of their favorite games of the past revived, trophies be damned, as evidenced by kickstarter/crowdfunding.

It comes off highly entitled and that's probably a factor into why we don't get a lot of game/franchise revivals.

Yes, unacceptable, I stand firmly by what I said. A precedent has been set for what ps2 games should cost and the lists they should have and this is a lazy list and it's expensive. I don't care what other people are willing to pay for, I speak for myself. It's self-righteous people like you who seek to make problems out this. For me it's a simple "Not worth it, won't buy it." Lists matter to me especially when I can just go play these games on my ps2 if I want. Look at the other ps2 games on PS4 and tell me if this is in line with what we have available. If you don't have a ps2 and you don't care about the list, then more power to you.

• Like 4

This game means a lot to me!

I played it for hundred of hours with my best friend on GameCube and managed to do all difficulties because this game rocked and was one of the best co op we played back then.

When I saw this release all the memories came back and spoke with my best friend about this and we were guessing how hard the platinum will be.

after seeing the trophy list one sentence came out from our mouths:”oh really?is this a complete trophy list?but fuck trophies who cares about trophies?”these are pure childhood memories and nothing beats that.When we spend hours on GameCube it was pure fun with no trophies!

• Like 2

To be fair we're on a site that contains quite a bit of trophy hunting information, and alot of us are here into that. It shouldnt be surprising that some of us are upset at a ps2 port thats double or TRIPLE the price of all other digital ps2 ports, and it has the most embarrassing trophy list ive ever seen, even by ps2 rerelease standards. ? 

While I still LOVE this game and a bad trophy list wont stop me from playing it , it just hurts to know that they cared SO little they couldnt even give us the bare minimum in trophies. Playing every class, hitting level 10, 15, 20 etc, killing bosses, and so on and we didnt even get that. Its just disappointing getting these types of lists still in 2021, especially seeing that the Xbox version got more achievements than we did. To add insult to injury, the NEW 2021 dark alliance game coming out is going to be $40 full price. How can they justify this being $30?? This lazy ps2 port should be $15 max.

Edited by PaB_RonnieDonnie
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, jgm4789 said:

I know these games are nowhere near as good as he pc baldurs gate games,

Actually the PS2 versions are way better in terms of combat, but story wise i'm not sure i haven't played the pc versions, but i loved both dark alliance 1 & 2 on PS2.  The trophy list is a let down because the game has many boss fights and therefore could have way more trophies. 

I'll still end up getting this at some point, but not for the asking price of £30 (i'm assuming it'll be that much on the GB store, as price parity is just non existent on PSN).

Gotta admit though, the trophy list is damn well lacklustre to say the least. Not fussed about no platinum, but the asking price for a game that was released back in the PS2 era as well as this incredibly lazy trophy list, it's gonna be a hard pass for me until it comes on offer.

I'm actually mad at this trophy list.  I played this back in the day like many here, and was really hoping for a plat with some random trophies like find loot kill the first boss with all chars, stuff like that would have been a blast.... 

I did buy it for nostalgia and to support them cause I want number 2 as well and the new game, but still really upset at this list