The Euros 2020 (2021) Thread

Glorious Fury

1 hour ago, Deceptrox said:

Robben had the title on his boots but sent the ball just a bit too low.

Anyway, I hope Netherlands learns from their mistakes in this Euro and comes back stronger in the World Cup.

Well, if De Boer stays on as coach we won’t even be at the World Cup ?.

We already got destroyed by Turkey in qualifying. That same Turkey that is the laughing stock of this European Cup.

How has our team, from beating France, Germany, making it to the final of the Nations League under Koeman only two years ago, become a shell of its former self under De Boer.

Anyway, I hope Netherlands learns from their mistakes in this Euro and comes back stronger in the World Cup.

We already got destroyed by Turkey in qualifying. That same Turkey that is the laughing stock of this European Cup.

How has our team, from beating France, Germany, making it to the final of the Nations League under Koeman only two years ago, become a shell of its former self under De Boer.

Edit: I don’t know how this happened. Can’t seem to fix it.

Edited by Baker121

Spain - Croatia 5:3 after ET (3:3). What a thriller! What a game! Thank you Croatia for such a fight! That's the spirit!

On 11.06.2021 at 3:21 PM, Smashero said:

I am vouching for Croatia this time. Probably they will not win the whole tournament, but I hope to see them at least until semi-finals.

Winner? Belgium or Germany.

Let's see...

Edited by Smashero

I feel sorry for Croatia, they did so well. Great game!

16 hours ago, KenjiCBZ said:

Italy vs Belgium in the Quarter Finals.

I am an Inter Milan fan and please Romelu, spare us. ?

Eden Hazard and KDB  is out for this match. Italy will go through 

Edited by Vergil

1 hour ago, dzstrpc said:

I was talking about Ciro Immobile.

Yeah sorry, I thought it was a joke about Romelu Lukaku's weak cousin.

I don't know if Italy will win, in my opinion Belgium is stronger and I think it's a solid candidate to win the whole tournament, Italy struggled too much against Austria.

I'm sorry about Croatia being eliminated, I was rooting for them over Spain.

• Like 1

Fantastic game from Spain, everyone redeemed himself, including Morata. After that horrendous disaster from Unai, he made a brilliant match and the team got their heads up psychologically.

The 3-3 was a freezing jar to the head but they overcomed it again. What a match.

Now to the previsible classic Spain vs France.

2 matches, 14 goals and France out of tournament. Congrats Switzerland. You biggest achievemnt in 70 years. The best day of the Euro yet.
P.S. I really hope Real will buy Mbappe for 200 or 300 000 000. That way Real won't win anything for next few years.

Edited by PIOTREK27-1982
  • Like 2

On 11/06/2021 at 2:39 PM, Ashbo said:

I can't see past France tbh, but Italy have looked pretty solid too.

We'd have to have (England) a hell of a lot of luck and good form etc to get past them in terms of us winning it if we were to. We certainly have an exciting squad thats capable so we'll see.

Just hope Southgate doesnt play 2 holding cdms every game to compenstate not having Maguire which will cost us in the attacking dept!

Looking forward to it all though as I hate summers with no footy!!

Well, that prediction/mindset for France has gone lol. What a fantastic couple of games we've had today. Loved it.

Still go with Italy as potential winners, although with the tournament Denmark are having, you wouldnt put it past them winning it!!

Lets hope the Eng/Ger game is a spectacle worthy of its history and in light of how good the games have been today. I only hope we have the chances to score more than 1 goal. Im never confident with us and 1 goal leads....

Incredible, both games 3-3. In the 90 minutes the two games have been the same "final". Entertaining afternoon, the two best games (so far) of the tournament.

I suffered the Croatia - Spain match, everything went well.

Come on Spain!!!!!

1 hour ago, BlackTorito said:

1f602.png1f602.png Nostradamus

@GuerrerDaurat Confess it, you said that just so France could suffer the same fate but lose the game instead. Lol

Lol. I actually wanted France to qualify, but I admire and applaud the Swiss for the great game they played and being able to overcome a 3-1. My thoughts about Spain haven't really changed, I still think they're too young, but I can picture them now in the semis at least. France on the other hand, what a waste of talent. For every good game of Mbappé, there are 4 or 5 mediocre ones. 

• Like 1

Well last night opened up the tournament hugely. France going out in what was a superb match, a tremendous effort from Pogba to put them up in what looked like a formality but a superb finish from the Swiss to level it. Xhaka was just tremendous last night.

As a whole nobody is sticking out. Spain have started scoring but leaky as hell. England not impressed, Germany looked awful last time out. Italy scraped through against a very poor Austrian team so its all to play for.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, freddie1989 said:

Well last night opened up the tournament hugely. France going out in what was a superb match, a tremendous effort from Pogba to put them up in what looked like a formality but a superb finish from the Swiss to level it. Xhaka was just tremendous last night.

As a whole nobody is sticking out. Spain have started scoring but leaky as hell. England not impressed, Germany looked awful last time out. Italy scraped through against a very poor Austrian team so its all to play for.

I recon a so called smaller nation could win it. Take away one from england and germany and theres a good chance one of the smaller nations could get to the final. 

Wouldnt it be nice for it to be denmark