The Euros 2020 (2021) Thread

Glorious Fury

England was so poor, just like they’ve been the entire tournament. How can they play like shit when they have so many good players. Denmark made the mistake by substituting their two best players. And ofcourse it wasn’t a penalty. Which was the breaking point, as with a clown as Pickford as a goalie, England would have lost the penalty shootout.

I expect and hope Italy will destroy England in the final. Can’t wait to see all those crying faces sunday.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, crowizard said:

They did, but dumbass VAR agreed with funny decision. Nevertheless England was better team tonight.

I meant the ref should check the replay. Soft ass penalty. I mean decide a semi final like this. There have been tackles alot worse that didn't sort in a penalty. That way i saw it Sterling started to go down before even Mehle touched him a tiny bit

13 minutes ago, Baker121 said:

England was so poor, just like they’ve been the entire tournament. How can they play like shit when they have so many good players. Denmark made the mistake by substituting their two best players. And ofcourse it wasn’t a penalty. Which was the breaking point, as with a clown as Pickford as a goalie, England would have lost the penalty shootout.

I expect and hope Italy will destroy England in the final. Can’t wait to see all those crying faces sunday.

Don't be like that man. Not a pen, but I thought we played well. Schmeichel was outstanding. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GUDGER666 said:

Poor? You're clueless. It may have been a soft pen but that Denmark free kick was never a foul. What a salty person. 

Yeah they were poor. Which game did you watch? Alright they were the better team tonight, by a slight margin, but I expect more from England. Same with France, The Netherlands. They play very unattractive, defensive football. Can’t watch it.

The underdog, Denmark tried to play offensive tonight against the favorite, England started very defensive. That sums it all up. 

I’m not salty. I can’t stand defensive football ?. That’s why I hope they will lose.

Just now, Baker121 said:

Yeah they were poor. Which game did you watch? Alright they were the better team tonight, by a slight margin, but I expect more from England. Same with France, The Netherlands. They play very unattractive, defensive football. Can’t watch it.

The underdog, Denmark tried to play offensive tonight against the favorite, England started very defensive. That sums it all up. 

I’m not salty. I can’t stand defensive football 1f601.png. That’s why I hope they will lose.

Must have been watching a different game to all of us mate, unless you got the colours mixed up, England were in white and Denmark were in red just to help you out.

Think you'll find Denmark were the team with 11 players behind the ball for the majority of the game. Not sure what offensive football from them you were seeing!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Baker121 said:

They play very unattractive, defensive football. Can’t watch it.

I’m not salty. I can’t stand defensive football 1f601.png. That’s why I hope they will lose.

You need some glasses pal. Absolutely clueless lol. Screenshot-20210707-232020-2.png

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Baker121 said:

I rarely saw the goal at England's end for almost the whole match. England traditionally do play too defensively which I'm always critical of, but I didn't see that tonight.

Just looked up the stats:

England       Denmark
Possession 57% 43%
Shots 12 6
Cards 1 1
Corners 3 3
Fouls 9 17
Offsides 0 1
Fouls 9 17

• Like 2

I think everyone is misunderstanding me here. It’s about intentions. England should win easily from Denmark. You could see it in the second half and the first half of the extra time. England dominated for a while because they’ve brought in Grealish and Foden. And after 2-1 England goes back into counter defence, instead of pushing for 3-1. At that point Denmark actually got near the England goal again a few times. This should’ve been 4-0 or something.

England: 4-2-3-1. Counter Football, with fast players on the side.

Denmark: 3-4-3. Attacking attractive football, although that’s very hard against a better team.

No hate against England ❤️, but I’ll be rooting for Italy.

Edited by Baker121

1 minute ago, saiyanbloodstyle said:

Come on England!

Credit to Denmark though, made it difficult and what a free-kick that was, stunning!

I personally think Pickford should have done a better job, wasn't really close to the corner, would have/should have saved with better positioning.

But yes, Denmark were difficult to break down and put up a good fight. Would have been a great story for them to get to the final considering what happened earlier in the tournament with Eriksen, but of course I am very very glad we go through instead!

• Like 1

Kasper Schmeichel was definitely Denmark's best player today. Harry Kane's Penalty was ugly and he should have scored but luckily got it in the back of the net after the save. 

I think on paper Italy has a better team but we have home advantage and that really plays a part in something as big as a final in the European Championship. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

Kasper Schmeichel was definitely Denmark's best player today. Harry Kane's Penalty was ugly and he should have scored but luckily got it in the back of the net after the save. 

I think on paper Italy has a better team but we have home advantage and that really plays a part in something as big as a final in the European Championship. 

Agreed, Italy is going to be our toughest test yet. Earlier in the tournament, Spain looked a bit shaky, but in their game vs Italy they controlled most of the game by dominating possession which I feel would have suffocated us, as we have controlled the majority of the game in each game we've played so far.

Obviously, I'm sure Italy are more than capable of doing a similar thing, but in a one-off game I feel like we can stick to our own gameplan against them with a bit more success.

• Like 1

hard work tonight. i am unsure about the final - italy and england will go at it against each other. they play quite similar. but quality always wins out at the end - and unfortunately i think italy just might have that bit more in the final. i love to see england win something in my lifetime, and hope they do it on sunday (if not just to piss off the haters here lol).

penalty, no penalty - refs decision is final at the end. could say the same about lampards goal in 2010!

interestingly, england have only beaten italy ONCE in a competitive match, EVER. and that was back in 1977! since then, in euros or world cups, italy have always beaten us. hope home advantage will help us abit.

• Like 1

I don't feel Emerson can do what Spinazzola could do anywhere near as well. Tactically he was key to the side. I feel a little more confident with him injured. 

It'll be super tough though, Italy's midfield is superb and Italy defensively can grind a performance out if needed. We won't be able to press Verratti, Jorginho and Barella like we did to Denmark today. 

Think Sterling getting into the pockets of space, like Olmo was doing against Italy will be key to any success. Also think Di Lorenzo is a little weak to pacey wingers like in the Belgium game, of which we have several. Shaw overlaps could also give him alot of grief. 

Should be a good game, Italy have always been the team I supported after England went out in previous tournaments so I wish them them and all the Italians supporters here the best of luck.

It's Coming Home! 

Edited by GloriousFury9414
  • Like 2