The Last Hero & A Man of Principle Trophies from Sam's Story Bugged

OSU_BUCKS_2LAZ

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/13/2021 at 6:35 PM, s-cyrax said:

My way:

I deleted my personal profile, before that I transferred all the save to the cloud.
Next, I re-entered it into the console, quickly loaded the save back and turned off the Internet.
0 out of 69 trophies in the main menu.
I loaded the save before the final scene and got the trophy at the end.

I preferred to use this method since a factory reset doesn't seem to be worth it and it worked. I have not started the Sam's Story dlc yet but both Two Colonels and NG+ was bugged for me and I unlocked both using this method. 

Others wrote it before but just to repeat, I created a new account and deleted my original bugged profile from the console. You don't need to reinstall the game, deleting your account should suffice. Then I logged back in, downloaded my save file, restored licenses, closed the internet connection and finally loaded my save file. 

Note that once I connected to the internet once again, the trophies I have earned did not show up for like 5 minutes but eventually they were there.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 14/11/2021 at 2:35 AM, s-cyrax said:

My way:

I deleted my personal profile, before that I transferred all the save to the cloud.
Next, I re-entered it into the console, quickly loaded the save back and turned off the Internet.
0 out of 69 trophies in the main menu.
I loaded the save before the final scene and got the trophy at the end.

So I was trying this method and it worked for my Iron Mode and Mutation trophies…. But when i go to attempt the Sam’s Story ones it keeps telling me the DLC is missing?!? I reinstalled it and it is still giving me the same issue. Anyone else had something like this happen?

On 11/29/2021 at 11:40 AM, GeheimnisKage said:

This way worked for me to avoid factory reset and get the trophies ("The Last Hero" and "A Man of Principle" PS5 digital version in my case) thanks to @s-cyrax.
It looks like the glitch affects the profile not the console.

1. Delete, download and reinstall the game and Sam's Story DLC. (probably not neccesary). Make sure the DLC can run correctly.
2. Log out and create a new offline user since the user's selection menu, skip PSN login. (user1 o any name)
3. Using the new profile go to Settings/Users ans Accounts/Users and delete your principal Profile.
4. Go to the PSN store, last left in main menu and Login with your PSN account. 
5. Restore licenses. (IMPORTANT. Go DIRECTLY to Settings again, don't select game in main menu to avoid the trophies sync). In Settings/Users ans Accounts/Others select Restore Licenses. Don,t exit Settings.
6. Optional. If you have PSN plus, you can download your game data to avoid play the entire DLC. Do since Settings/Save Data and Game/App Settings.
7. Turn off the internet conection. 
8. Now you can select the game in main menu and must shows 0/69 trophies.
9. Run Metro Exodus and load your game data or play the DLC again. The trophies must pop.
10. After get the missed trophies, tun on the internet conection and sync trophies. It can take a minutes, its possible that the missed trophies dont show in your trophies' progress inmediatly, even some trophie can looks missed despite it poped in game. After a minutes the trophies will appear.

This worked. ???

Thank you @GeheimnisKage and @s-cyrax

FWIW it didn’t say 0/69 for me on the main PS menu when I loaded up the game. 

I used an old save but I had to replay the section after the last monster fight and a handful of trophies I already got previously popped again. An hour or so later, I got the final two I was missing. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/29/2021 at 11:40 AM, GeheimnisKage said:

This way worked for me to avoid factory reset and get the trophies ("The Last Hero" and "A Man of Principle" PS5 digital version in my case) thanks to @s-cyrax.

1. Delete, download and reinstall the game and Sam's Story DLC. (probably not neccesary). Make sure the DLC can run correctly.
2. Log out and create a new offline user since the user's selection menu, skip PSN login. (user1 o any name)
3. Using the new profile go to Settings/Users ans Accounts/Users and delete your principal Profile.
5. Restore licenses. (IMPORTANT. Go DIRECTLY to Settings again, don't select game in main menu to avoid the trophies sync). In Settings/Users ans Accounts/Others select Restore Licenses. Don,t exit Settings.
6. Optional. If you have PSN plus, you can download your game data to avoid play the entire DLC. Do since Settings/Save Data and Game/App Settings.
9. Run Metro Exodus and load your game data or play the DLC again. The trophies must pop.
10. After get the missed trophies, tun on the internet conection and sync trophies. It can take a minutes, its possible that the missed trophies dont show in your trophies' progress inmediatly, even some trophie can looks missed despite it poped in game. After a minutes the trophies will appear.

I had the NG+ trophies (Iron Mode and Mutation) glitch on PS5 disc version and this method worked as well.  Much appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/16/2021 at 11:48 PM, Ecthelion91 said:

I preferred to use this method since a factory reset doesn't seem to be worth it and it worked. I have not started the Sam's Story dlc yet but both Two Colonels and NG+ was bugged for me and I unlocked both using this method. 

Others wrote it before but just to repeat, I created a new account and deleted my original bugged profile from the console. You don't need to reinstall the game, deleting your account should suffice. Then I logged back in, downloaded my save file, restored licenses, closed the internet connection and finally loaded my save file. 

Note that once I connected to the internet once again, the trophies I have earned did not show up for like 5 minutes but eventually they were there.

I just want to say thank you for this. I finished the DLC about a half hour ago. Untouchable popped immediately, but not these two. Let out a big sigh of disappointment, came on here to look for a solution, tried this exact method, and when I reloaded my save from right before the final cutscene plays out, both trophies popped right when Sam makes his decision. So glad I don't have to go through it all over again!

• Like 1

On 2021. 11. 29. at 5:40 PM, GeheimnisKage said:

This one worked for me as well! Only thing I can add, if you want to achieve the Great Owl trophy as well, do not download any game data or save files from the cloud as point 6 mentions. My theory is that this particluar glitch is in your profile/game save file. Managed to pop that one by running though the DLC in one go without manual saving (not sure if that mattered or not). Finally can put this game to rest, good luck to all fellow 100% hunters :)

On 21.02.2022 at 11:30 AM, Geoffx37 said:

I just want to say thank you for this. I finished the DLC about a half hour ago. Untouchable popped immediately, but not these two. Let out a big sigh of disappointment, came on here to look for a solution, tried this exact method, and when I reloaded my save from right before the final cutscene plays out, both trophies popped right when Sam makes his decision. So glad I don't have to go through it all over again!

Glad that I could help. And no more Metro games for me. :)

On 2/16/2022 at 1:34 PM, BIackgate said:

If you delete your profile, does it remove things like trophy pictures and videos?

Went ahead and did this trophy fix. I did a backup of my profile before I deleted it and I was able to get all my trophy images back.

How do you back up your profile?  Curious for if I ever decide to take this on.

20 hours ago, Snake2410 said:

How do you back up your profile?  Curious for if I ever decide to take this on.

In settings you go to system, then system software. It should be the last option (backup and restore). Keep in mind, when you restore, it will factory reset your ps5. If you have the expansion drive or an external for ps4, these will not be impacted.

• Like 1

On 3/2/2022 at 10:09 AM, BIackgate said:

In settings you go to system, then system software. It should be the last option (backup and restore). Keep in mind, when you restore, it will factory reset your ps5. If you have the expansion drive or an external for ps4, these will not be impacted.

One last question, you mentioned it gave your trophy images back, does it also back up your videos?  

• 1 month later...
On 30.10.2021 at 5:51 AM, big-_-_-_-boss69 said:

Yeah just to expound on what others have said and some warnings/tips for dealing with the digital version and weird license stuff for the Untouchable trophy specifically but the tips should be helpful for the other trophies too.

I had everything else done on the trophy list but died on the second batwing encounter of my second playthrough. I had uploaded to the cloud just before, so I deleted local and restored cloud and continued with no further deaths on batwings but the trophy didn't pop. Luckily I have a friend with a PS5 who has never played this, so here was the dumb process for getting set up with a digital copy, if you do this and only this exactly it will work

1. Upload your save data with final autosave to the cloud

2. Disable "console sharing and offline play" under the Users and Accounts setting on your main PS5 that didn't get the trophy (aka disable it as primary console)

3. Copy your downloaded version of the game and DLC to an external HDD for faster process

4. Sign in to friends PS5 with my account (not as a guest, not sure if it matters) with PS5 online. Once signed in, this PS5 should automatically become your primary so just check it by seeing if you can disable in the settings. (Keep it as primary)

5. Go to Saved Data in the settings, download Metro Exodus save file

6. Go to your Library and wait for the external HDD to show Metro Exodus. Copy it and DLC when it shows up. Let the copy fully complete and install.

7. Go to Users and Accounts in settings and under Other choose to Restore Licenses. This may take a few min but definitely do it.

8. Once the licenses are restored, disconnect the PS5 from the internet in the settings. Do everything else in offline mode.

9. Launch the game, load last autosave and beat the game again. You'll probably just have to cross those boats.

10. The Untouchable trophy should now pop, including some others you may already have. Once the trophies you need have popped, you can close the game.

11. Reconnect to the internet, wait a minute, and then start the game again. Once this is done, the trophy list for the game should sync and you will show the ones you got as part of your total collection.

This worked for me, but no i have a realy weird bug in my trophy list:

The New Game Plus, Sams Story and the Headhunter Trophy were bugged, so i used this method and the trophys popped.

The Headhunter Trophy was my last main game trophy, so when i turned my interent connection back on and synced the trophys,

the platinum should have popped. But in the trophy list it says now 100% (the main game too) but the platinum trophy is still locked.

What should i do now?

I would be very grateful for any help ?

Okay nevermind i restarted my PS5, logged in with my PSN Account and the Platinum was there

Edited by Jannik708
problem solved

• 4 weeks later...

It still blows my mind they haven't patched these trophies. Every once in awhile I come here hoping to see people saying it works now, but nope you have to jump through an incredible amount of hoops and inconvenience yourself to get them. It really seems like the devs are just done supporting this as soon as they dropped the PS5 upgrade. Can't bring myself to do all these steps for a few dlc trophies.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Deleting profile, redownloading the save, and going offline worked. Not sure why there are some 20 step programs on how to get them to unlock properly but that's all you need to do. Cheers for the solution.

Edit: Still have to do the Sam DLC. And btw, these DLC's didn't glitch on me in PS4 version so shrug.

Edited by Tunnel1ngEffect
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just to keep the thread updated. I was unlocking trophies fine up until Sam’s DLC.

Everything was going fine until great owl didn’t unlock. I completed the game and the last hero unlocked but a man of principle didn’t I did die to the second batwing so I wasn’t expecting that to unlock.

I followed a walkthrough on true achievements so I’m 100% confident I got all stashes and did all moral encounters. 

im running the latest patch and I can’t be bother to factory reset my PS5 so I’m going to delete all saves, wipe cache, turn sync off, delete the two colonels dlc and go for it again. It doesn’t appear to have been patched though 

EDIT - The trick set by @affmees worked a treat, thank you. I got the two trophies I was missing, however, interestingly I ran the game on reader difficulty, yet the trophy 'Untouchable' popped as well.

Edited by Silocia

• 2 weeks later...