Destructor-8's Ultimate Racing Challenge

Destructor-8

• 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, yuber1234 said:

Congrats dude! This is one I'm planning to play at some point, and I've noticed it's pretty popular on PSNP right now. Saw your video and Challenge 6 looks pretty insane.

Cheers, yeah it's definitely something I'd recommend & I think you'd really enjoy it. It's a pretty tough challenge but just requires a lot of practice to do. 

9 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Nice job m’dude!

Haven’t play this one myself, despite liking Platinum games and hearing about it here and there over the years, but I can see just from those vids those challenges are no joke!

Thanks! Yeah it was definitely as hard as what I've heard but you get into the game quicker than you expect & it's really enjoyable too. I remember we had a chat about the dash races & in comparison to this, even though this took longer, I still think those dash races are harder to do again.

7 minutes ago, OBSTINATIO said:

Wow, only just discovered your project. Very impressive and ambitious but I know what you are capable of… will be following your progress from now on. 1f44f.png 

I have to finish Crash Team Racing (I am not really enjoying this one) and next will be Inertial Drift. 

Hey thanks, yeah it's been awhile. I saw you finished off Assetto & then did it again so congrats on getting that done. I will be going back to Assetto soon so will try to get that done eventually. Oh I see, I really like that game but its good you went for it still. Ah yeah I have that other game so need to do that as well.

• Like 2

Great write up and review mate ?

I’m glad Vanquish exceeded your expectations, because it is that good of a game. Like you I also remember how people talked about the difficulty of Vanquish back then especially when it was first released. Everyone was struggling with challenge 6 and there were barely any valuable guides and strats for it, and even to this day with many great strats Vanquish is a tough plat to achieve, because executing them can also be difficult. 

Also to be fair, it doesn’t matter if you finished challenge 6 with a longer time - beating it was all that mattered and you did that. If it is of any comfort, you beat round 5 on your very first try and that alone justifies the longer time spend on your successful run.

As for Bloodborne you’re definitely in for a treat, this is probably my favorite FromSoft game - knock yourself out and have fun ?

• Like 3

19 hours ago, stpatty said:

Not sure if I remember giving you Vanquish tips but I could only do the PS3 version when I started using a DS4 on it. Think I just eventually got lucky on the last challenge. Good to see you branch out for a change ;) 

I think you messaged some recommendations or something but I always like to mention everyone who went out of their way to suggest something. It's been good to go back to other games for a change & also games I wouldn't have tried before.

16 hours ago, CelestialRequiem said:

Well done, man. You really got in there. 

It was cool to see your starting point to where you ended at. It's an unforgettable experience; whether or not one even likes the game. 

Cheers dude, it was great that you kept saying I'll get there so I really appreciate it. I was just going to keep at it until it was done since at times it was like I wasn't getting anywhere but eventually I did. The time you have done on this game is extremely impressive. I know I have put the difficulty quite high but I think this game requires a lot more than most of the other games that I've done. I might change it though as when I did it, I was getting far quite a lot. I think the difficulty is all about how long it takes to get used to it. I still think this took more to do than most of the other stuff I did.

5 hours ago, Don_carlito94 said:

Great write up and review mate 1f44c.png

I’m glad Vanquish exceeded your expectations, because it is that good of a game. Like you I also remember how people talked about the difficulty of Vanquish back then especially when it was first released. Everyone was struggling with challenge 6 and there were barely any valuable guides and strats for it, and even to this day with many great strats Vanquish is a tough plat to achieve, because executing them can also be difficult. 

Also to be fair, it doesn’t matter if you finished challenge 6 with a longer time - beating it was all that mattered and you did that. If it is of any comfort, you beat round 5 on your very first try and that alone justifies the longer time spend on your successful run.

As for Bloodborne you’re definitely in for a treat, this is probably my favorite FromSoft game - knock yourself out and have fun 1f604.png

Thanks man, it really was more fun that I expected as I thought it would be more frustrating in general however it wasn't as frustrating & more just getting on with it. It's definitely a lot more difficult than most of the games back then as I don't remember too many requiring this kind of practice & perseverance. I'm thinking the maybe I have put the difficulty a bit high as I was getting further the more I played. I wasn't playing too much each day so that made it a bit longer. I do think that this required more practice than most things I've tried & the perseverance needed as well is quite important. This is definitely always going to be hard for the first time for most who play it as you really need to know what you are doing & keep trying until you get it. It's impressive how good people get on this game.

Yeah I will get around to it soon enough as I seem to like it more than I expected. I don't think I'll play all the games but it's nice to try one out & go from there. I have too many games to get through & it seems most people have that as well lol. I want to get back to Dirt Rally 2.0 now that you are really making your way through Flatout lol. I've put that one off for quite awhile since I had to go back to finish off other games around that time & then I just went on to other things. The next Ultra Rare Cleanup Event will mean there's a bit more motivation to get it done. I will be doing other games before then but I think Dirt Rally 2.0 will be the next really tough one that I'll finish so there will be some Flatout updates here soon. I actually was meant to do some updates awhile ago but I had other stuff that needed to be done first. I think the Ultra Rare Cleanup Event will be a lot of fun as it's amazing reading the experiences there.

Edited by Destructor-8
  • Like 3

Awesome work on conquering Vanquish, man. Well done. ?

I loved the hell of Vanquish back when it was still recent. I only came to finish it like 2 years ago but my impression of the game was still the same, it's a non-stop, balls-to-the-wall sci-fi action game that deserves to be played by everyone. Its story might not be the strongest one in terms of narrative, but who cares about that when the gameplay is as refined and enjoyable as it is in this game. Loved it. Also, I may be kind of biased towards the pretty and constant explosions this game has. :P They made the whole thing an exhilarating ride from start to finish.

I see you also struggled with Challenge #4 a good deal. That one also gave me a lot of trouble back then on PS3. Another one that also gave me a bit of trouble was Challenge #1 or #2 I believe. The rest are pretty doable if you know what you're doing. Challenge #6 is what truly separates the men from the boys, though, lol. That shit took me dozen of hours and multiple attempts to get it done. Dealing with both Bogeys at the same time with underpowered weapons is painstakingly difficult. I remember I almost had a stroke, lol, when I managed to take one of the Bogeys down and only had the other one left to deal with to finish that damned challenge. Great times indeed. Hopefully, I'll be playing the PS4 iteration at some point soon. B)

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Honor_Hand said:

Awesome work on conquering Vanquish, man. Well done. 1f44d.png

I loved the hell of Vanquish back when it was still recent. I only came to finish it like 2 years ago but my impression of the game was still the same, it's a non-stop, balls-to-the-wall sci-fi action game that deserves to be played by everyone. Its story might not be the strongest one in terms of narrative, but who cares about that when the gameplay is as refined and enjoyable as it is in this game. Loved it. Also, I may be kind of biased towards the pretty and constant explosions this game has. :P They made the whole thing an exhilarating ride from start to finish.

I see you also struggled with Challenge #4 a good deal. That one also gave me a lot of trouble back then on PS3. Another one that also gave me a bit of trouble was Challenge #1 or #2 I believe. The rest are pretty doable if you know what you're doing. Challenge #6 is what truly separates the men from the boys, though, lol. That shit took me dozen of hours and multiple attempts to get it done. Dealing with both Bogeys at the same time with underpowered weapons is painstakingly difficult. I remember I almost had a stroke, lol, when I managed to take one of the Bogeys down and only had the other one left to deal with to finish that damned challenge. Great times indeed. Hopefully, I'll be playing the PS4 iteration at some point soon. B)

Cheers man, means a lot. Yeah it was so much better than I thought since as I mention before, I really thought it would be frustrating & that usually doesn't help when looking back at a game. It was quite frustrating at times but the practice really does show on the game. I think the only part I didn't like was when I put in a certain amount of practice & I wasn't getting any further, however I just needed to change things up. It would be cool if there was another game after it as it really was put together quite well. Yep I did find that one a lot harder although by the time I did it, I think I could do it again a few times if I had to. There is definitely a huge difference with the others though & yeah the first one was definitely not easy as well. There is such a huge difference with that last one though as you really need to be completely on it at all times. I'm sure you'll get it done again though whenever you get to it. What a game though.

6 minutes ago, PlutoRico said:

Congrats on that Vanquish platinum my friend, definitely a nice one to have under your belt. Excited to see your future progress reports on Vettel Suzuka, I'm sure you'll end up slaying that one too, no matter how long it takes 1f601.png 

Hey thanks a lot dude. Yeah it really is a nice one to have as it's a great game & will probably help get through future things that I take on. Ah yes, I will have to get back to that sometime although I still hope that I can do it as it's far above anything that I've currently done or tried to do. I know the current pace that I have on the game now & can get back into it whenever I try it again. It's just going to take a really long time so I'll have to keep at it until I hopefully do it.

• Like 3

This is a placeholder response for the REAL response I'm going to leave here in short order bb 

Here it comes

Yeah good for you @Destructor-8 man. Listening to you getting through it in the call was really funny, and being a part of the process in the chat was cool because you never let it get the better of you and you acknowledged the progress you were making towards completion instead of being too frustrated that you hadn't just done it yet. I think Vanquish is just the start though. I mean it's a good strong start, but I think once you've done Vanquish you can turn your attention to so many different kinds of challenges that you hadn't really considered before. You, who are one of the foremost experts on racing challenges anyway, but this is a new dimension for you and it's pretty cool.

@CelestialRequiem is a dumbo lool

Edited by Deadly_Ha_Ha
  • Like 1

Vanquish is probably now one of my favorite PS3 games. Shinji Mikami really outdid himself with this game. I would stack the PS4 version, but my fucking backlog won't let me. *sigh*

Let me know what you think about Gran Turismo 6 when you get around to it. It's a franchise that I've somehow not touched for the better part of 20 - 25 years, despite having plenty of time to try out one of the games. As a....... average racing gamer in terms of skill it was perhaps best I play Gran Turismo 6 since it is the easiest in the series by far in terms of trophies.

You are insane for doing Assetto Corsa. I never did this myself, but can you still buy wheels for Gran Turismo, Need for Speed, WRC, etc etc? Most people I've talked to have told me they needed a wheel to do the Gran Turismo 5 events. Such a goddamn shame they put two easy online trophies that are unobtainable for everybody who couldn't get them before early 2014.

I also see Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus on your list, but you haven't actually earned a trophy. Let me know what you think of that as well. I'm probably going to do Mein Leben for the DLC, since the DLC is considerably shorter than the base game.

• Like 3

Just discovered this thread, really interesting to have a read through @Destructor-8 and see how you tied differing games.

Bloodborne is a fantastic game and one of my favourites of all time so it’ll be interesting to see your thoughts on it when you get to playing it. If it’s your first souls style game don’t be out off if you struggle at first as for most it’ll take time to adjust to the required style of gameplay.

Keep at it with Suzuka, you’re at the point where it’ll take time to shave off those seconds but you’ll definitely get there since you’re so close.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

You are insane for doing Assetto Corsa. I never did this myself, but can you still buy wheels for Gran Turismo, Need for Speed, WRC, etc etc? Most people I've talked to have told me they needed a wheel to do the Gran Turismo 5 events. Such a goddamn shame they put two easy online trophies that are unobtainable for everybody who couldn't get them before early 2014.

Totally agree: it's such a shame Gran Turismo 5 isn't really an option anymore for many trophy-hunters. Especially since GT5 is kind of the Holy Grail among racing games… I am pretty sure that quite a few people would play the game to this day. Same applies to Motorstorm PR to a much lower degree. 

• Like 1

Congratulations again on overcoming Tactical Challenge 6 in Vanquiish, to add yet another excellent platinum to your already mad-impressive collection!

Nice run, too! I enjoyed watching that my dude! I have nothing but positive things to say about Vanquish - it is definitely one of my favourite shooters of all time. The gameplay is second to none in the genre, in my opinion!

Appreciate the shout out in your write up mate! I’m just happy that you were able to take some of my many ramblings and put the bits you needed to good use!

You have such a long list of incredible gaming accomplishments and yet you are one of the most humble and down to earth dudes that I’ve ever had the pleasure to interact with both on and off this site! TC6 is definitely a beast! I’m glad that you really enjoyed your time with it! 

Excited for everything else that you have planned and as mentioned already - this one is just the beginning in regards to taking on and destroying many tough as nails challenges in a variety of genres!! ?

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

This is a placeholder response for the REAL response I'm going to leave here in short order bb 

Here it comes

Yeah good for you @Destructor-8 man. Listening to you getting through it in the call was really funny, and being a part of the process in the chat was cool because you never let it get the better of you and you acknowledged the progress you were making towards completion instead of being too frustrated that you hadn't just done it yet. I think Vanquish is just the start though. I mean it's a good strong start, but I think once you've done Vanquish you can turn your attention to so many different kinds of challenges that you hadn't really considered before. You, who are one of the foremost experts on racing challenges anyway, but this is a new dimension for you and it's pretty cool.

@CelestialRequiem is a dumbo lool

Thanks, yeah I knew it wasn't going to be done quick so had to spend the time to learn as much as I can in order to get better. I have many other games that I hope to get to although it was nice to have it along all the other games that I have previously done regardless of what type of game each one is too. I went in having done some tough shooters before but it definitely was one of the more difficult shooters that I got through. I will use this experience to go into future games that I want to do.

14 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

Vanquish is probably now one of my favorite PS3 games. Shinji Mikami really outdid himself with this game. I would stack the PS4 version, but my fucking backlog won't let me. *sigh*

Let me know what you think about Gran Turismo 6 when you get around to it. It's a franchise that I've somehow not touched for the better part of 20 - 25 years, despite having plenty of time to try out one of the games. As a....... average racing gamer in terms of skill it was perhaps best I play Gran Turismo 6 since it is the easiest in the series by far in terms of trophies.

I also see Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus on your list, but you haven't actually earned a trophy. Let me know what you think of that as well. I'm probably going to do Mein Leben for the DLC, since the DLC is considerably shorter than the base game.

Yeah I can definitely see why so many enjoyed it as it is something different & works really well. I will let you know how GT6 goes since that is one I will get to eventually after I hopefully get through all of GT5 since I want to do it again. I know GT6 is the easiest of these games but still worth doing as there's still some challenging stuff in it. Thanks, yeah I have yet to finish all the Assetto games that I have as I want to stack all back to back so that will take awhile but that will be done for the Ultra Rare Cleanup Event that I'm apart of now. I already did some of the hardest stuff in Assetto but I will have to do things again in it since I want to stack it. I have a very specific steering setup that I made since I'm using a controller to make it more comfortable to do. It took a few hrs to come up with the steering setup & has been well worth it so far. I think now however that the hardest stuff in GT5 is definitely much harder with a controller & it would be nice to get that done so that I can do the game again. It's annoying that it's not possible to finish anymore since it is the best racing game to have done although that's assuming it was done properly though.

Ah yeah I have got Wolfenstein 2 along with Super Meat Boy very recently as both are really good games & are some of the most respected games out there to have done. I know you have done Super Meat Boy since you play quite a lot of those games so I'm hoping to eventually get through it one day. I don't play many of those games but I will try as best as I can to do it. I will probably do Wolfenstein 2 first though as I'll probably be more comfortable on that game since I will have a lot of time to put into it. It seems to be the easier game as well from what I have heard from many who have done both so I'm sure you'll get that done whenever you get to it. It definitely seems to be more about the amount of time & practice that you put into it rather than anything else. I will probably do the game for the Ultra Rare Cleanup Event when I get around to it.

13 hours ago, lion1325478 said:

Just discovered this thread, really interesting to have a read through @Destructor-8 and see how you tied differing games.

Bloodborne is a fantastic game and one of my favourites of all time so it’ll be interesting to see your thoughts on it when you get to playing it. If it’s your first souls style game don’t be out off if you struggle at first as for most it’ll take time to adjust to the required style of gameplay.

Keep at it with Suzuka, you’re at the point where it’ll take time to shave off those seconds but you’ll definitely get there since you’re so close.

Hey man, yeah thanks for that. I don't think I got around to mentioning it to you but yeah I put the games in order of what one game is usually closer to overall. There are some hard games that are just not as hard as the hardest stuff & you will know what I mean as you have done those. I hope it will be useful if you ever decide on something & wonder where it would be in comparison to other games. I think I already said to you but since you have done Vettel Suzuka then you know that there isn't really anything as hard as that. There isn't anything close in comparison to the difficulty of it.

Yeah Bloodborne seems to be a decent game from what I've tried & since I won't play all of the games then I think it will be the best one to try first. It seems like Bloodborne will be challenging enough but not ridiculous from what I tried out. It will be a game that I get around to eventually but not for awhile. Ah yeah I appreciate that as Vettel Suzuka really is something else & even though I'm not too far off, it will still take a long time to get it done. I will try as best as I can to do it.

8 hours ago, OBSTINATIO said:

Totally agree: it's such a shame Gran Turismo 5 isn't really an option anymore for many trophy-hunters. Especially since GT5 is kind of the Holy Grail among racing games… I am pretty sure that quite a few people would play the game to this day. Same applies to Motorstorm PR to a much lower degree. 

Yeah this is exactly what I think as well as both of those games are fantastic & some of the most impressive to finish off. I have only done one of these already but will do as much as I can for the other one.

6 hours ago, KindaSabbath said:

Congratulations again on overcoming Tactical Challenge 6 in Vanquiish, to add yet another excellent platinum to your already mad-impressive collection!

Nice run, too! I enjoyed watching that my dude! I have nothing but positive things to say about Vanquish - it is definitely one of my favourite shooters of all time. The gameplay is second to none in the genre, in my opinion!

Appreciate the shout out in your write up mate! I’m just happy that you were able to take some of my many ramblings and put the bits you needed to good use!

You have such a long list of incredible gaming accomplishments and yet you are one of the most humble and down to earth dudes that I’ve ever had the pleasure to interact with both on and off this site! TC6 is definitely a beast! I’m glad that you really enjoyed your time with it! 

Excited for everything else that you have planned and as mentioned already - this one is just the beginning in regards to taking on and destroying many tough as nails challenges in a variety of genres!! ?

Thanks again dude! It was a ridiculous one! It really is such a great game & hope others try it out as it really is worth it. It's one of the most fun games out there too. Yeah that's cool, I really did appreciate it as I just needed to try something else to get it done. Ah I appreciate that as well since I'm constantly trying to improve on everything I do & there are quite a lot of others out there that have done far more stuff, so I just hope to get a bit more done. It's not the easiest way of doing things but the experience & the people around make it much more worth it. I want to do these things to just improve on what I have done before & there have been so many people that have made it so much better. I'm glad that I'm getting out there & trying things that I wouldn't have went for before so I'm just going to keep on doing what I can.

Edited by Destructor-8
  • Like 3

On 13.12.2021 at 3:11 PM, Destructor-8 said:

I want to get back to Dirt Rally 2.0 now that you are really making your way through Flatout lol. I've put that one off for quite awhile since I had to go back to finish off other games around that time & then I just went on to other things. The next Ultra Rare Cleanup Event will mean there's a bit more motivation to get it done. I will be doing other games before then but I think Dirt Rally 2.0 will be the next really tough one that I'll finish so there will be some Flatout updates here soon. I actually was meant to do some updates awhile ago but I had other stuff that needed to be done first. I think the Ultra Rare Cleanup Event will be a lot of fun as it's amazing reading the experiences there.

Oh I can’t wait to read about your Flat out experience, since I can relate more to it now that I’m playing the game myself. So far the DLC is the most fun I’ve had with a racer in a long time. It can be challenging but never unfair. Also really nice to see you’ve joined the UR event for next year, it’s great to have you on board lol.

1 hour ago, Destructor-8 said:

Ah yeah I have got Wolfenstein 2 along with Super Meat Boy very recently as both are really good games & are some of the most respected games out there to have done. I know you have done Super Meat Boy since you play quite a lot of those games so I'm hoping to eventually get through it one day. I don't play many of those games but I will try as best as I can to do it. I will probably do Wolfenstein 2 first though as I'll probably be more comfortable on that game since I will have a lot of time to put into it. It seems to be the easier game as well from what I have heard from many who have done both so I'm sure you'll get that done whenever you get to it. It definitely seems to be more about the amount of time & practice that you put into it rather than anything else. I will probably do the game for the Ultra Rare Cleanup Event when I get around to it.

I know this message was not a response to me, but just wanted to say it’s nice to see you’ve decided to put both Wolf 2 and SMB on your profile, both are great games, there will be some good write ups about those games once you get to them I already know. I do agree that SMB gets the edge in terms of overall difficulty compared to Wolf 2. Wolf only has Mein Leben where as you have several no death runs in SMB that are quite difficult but Mein Leben is comparable to the hardest challenge in SMB in my opinion - my point is that if you can do one you can also do the other. Both games require lots of patience to get through. Really looking forward to hear your thoughts about those games once you get to them ?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Destructor-8 said:

I'm glad that I'm getting out there & trying things that I wouldn't have went for before so I'm just going to keep on doing what I can.

That’s what it’s all about man, just keep doing what you do! Keep having fun and trying new things. You’ve got the skills to turn your hand to and kind of game or gaming related challenge! ?

2 hours ago, Destructor-8 said:

I will probably do Wolfenstein 2 first though as I'll probably be more comfortable on that game since I will have a lot of time to put into it. It seems to be the easier game as well from what I have heard from many who have done both so I'm sure you'll get that done whenever you get to it. It definitely seems to be more about the amount of time & practice that you put into it rather than anything else. I will probably do the game for the Ultra Rare Cleanup Event when I get around to it.

First of all, it’s great that you’re getting involved in the UR Cleanup! The event is just buzzing with good vibes and is packed with great people. Plus the guys running it are absolute fucking gents! 

interesting to hear about Wolf II being considered easier than SMB - I plan on going for both of these in 2022 and I’m unsure of which to tackle first!

47 minutes ago, Don_carlito94 said:

I do agree that SMB gets the edge in terms of overall difficulty compared to Wolf 2. Wolf only has Mein Leben where as you have several no death runs in SMB that are quite difficult but Mein Leben is comparable to the hardest challenge in SMB in my opinion - my point is that if you can do one you can also do the other. Both games require lots of patience to get through. Really looking forward to hear your thoughts about those games once you get to them 1f604.png

Since as you’ve completed both - I hope you don’t mind me replying to this, but as someone who has not played any tough as nails Platformers before - it sounds like starting with Wolf would be the better option? I’ve got some tough Platformers lined up for next year as it’s a genre I really want to explore and test my limits on. I’m definitely more familiar with shooters though. I know it sounds like I’ve answered my own question a little bit here but I was under the impression (before now) that Wolf was the tougher out of the 2. 

Best of luck with Flatout - that looks tough! Glad you’re having fun with it though mate!

Edited by KindaSabbath
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, KindaSabbath said:

Since as you’ve completed both - I hope you don’t mind me replying to this, but as someone who has not played any tough as nails Platformers before - it sounds like starting with Wolf would be the better option? I’ve got some tough Platformers lined up for next year as it’s a genre I really want to explore and test my limits on. I’m definitely more familiar with shooters though. I know it sounds like I’ve answered my own question a little bit here but I was under the impression (before now) that Wolf was the tougher out of the 2. 

Best of luck with Flatout - that looks tough! Glad you’re having fun with it though mate!

Don’t mind at all, it’s nice to hear that more people are interested in both games because they are awesome and they provide some solid gameplay and action! 
I didn’t have any true experience with 2D platformers before SMB so maybe that’s why I struggled a little more with that game than Wolf 2(not my first FPS). People who have more experience with platformers might have the opposite opinion.

They are both however hard in their own ways. SMB is more skill based and dependent on muscle memory to an extreme level but the levels are short and no death runs are not too long. 
Wolf 2 is hard because it requires a lot of prep and planning and even after that things could go south on your Mein Leben runs due to unpredictable AI’s sometimes,  and the length of the run can be make it quite nerve-racking. When you get to Mein Leben have a plan b for every tricky section because will not always go as planned!

At the end of the day they are more or less in the same difficulty tier, which one is harder just depends on the players experience, the difficulty gap is not as evident as say: if I were to compare Dark Souls 1 (community rates maybe 5-6/10) to SMB (community rates 8-10/10). 
So to answer your question, if I were you I’d just play the game you find the most interesting first, like I told Des, if you knock one of them out you can also knock the other one out as well imo. 
Hope this could clear some things ?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/12/2021 at 7:44 PM, Don_carlito94 said:

Oh I can’t wait to read about your Flat out experience, since I can relate more to it now that I’m playing the game myself. So far the DLC is the most fun I’ve had with a racer in a long time. It can be challenging but never unfair. Also really nice to see you’ve joined the UR event for next year, it’s great to have you on board lol.

I know this message was not a response to me, but just wanted to say it’s nice to see you’ve decided to put both Wolf 2 and SMB on your profile, both are great games, there will be some good write ups about those games once you get to them I already know. I do agree that SMB gets the edge in terms of overall difficulty compared to Wolf 2. Wolf only has Mein Leben where as you have several no death runs in SMB that are quite difficult but Mein Leben is comparable to the hardest challenge in SMB in my opinion - my point is that if you can do one you can also do the other. Both games require lots of patience to get through. Really looking forward to hear your thoughts about those games once you get to them 1f604.png

Yeah it's great to see you there too! I'll definitely being doing many updates for it here soon but that will probably be once you are done on it so will look forward to more on how you find it. I just have to get through a few more games before I'm back on it. Yeah I'm glad you responded as I know I've asked you about both games before & what you said about both games seems to be what most have said. I will do one of the games & then take a few weeks before I decide to do the other so I will see how I go. I will of course do updates here & hope that you will like reading those to come.

On 14/12/2021 at 8:29 PM, KindaSabbath said:

That’s what it’s all about man, just keep doing what you do! Keep having fun and trying new things. You’ve got the skills to turn your hand to and kind of game or gaming related challenge! 1f4aa.png

First of all, it’s great that you’re getting involved in the UR Cleanup! The event is just buzzing with good vibes and is packed with great people. Plus the guys running it are absolute fucking gents! 

interesting to hear about Wolf II being considered easier than SMB - I plan on going for both of these in 2022 and I’m unsure of which to tackle first!

Yeah it's great to see you there as well dude! There are a lot of cool people involved with it who do some impressive shit whilst also generally nice & very helpful. Yeah that is what I've heard from most people plus I know which game I will be most comfortable with going into it. I will look forward to the updates that you have when you eventually get around to these games.

On 14/12/2021 at 9:20 PM, Don_carlito94 said:

So to answer your question, if I were you I’d just play the game you find the most interesting first, like I told Des, if you knock one of them out you can also knock the other one out as well imo.

I'm glad you said this as you it's nice to see how others found a certain game & what is required to do it.

Edited by Destructor-8
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/1/2021 at 8:45 AM, Destructor-8 said:

I'll just put an update here as I've been clearing a few games up to get a few out the way, so I think this week I'll start the next game I have to complete then review it before I do some quick games before my 100th Platinum that is ready to be completed. I think after my 100th Platinum I'll try to do GT5 Suzuka then Dirt Rally 2.0 Flatout back to back & maybe get the last of my GT Sport wins around the same time, although it depends if there's a good week for races that I'll enjoy so that could change. I'm just gonna clear up some of GT Sport over the next few days before I complete some games but I've decided to do GT5 Suzuka first since I should get that done. I haven't tried any other special events yet though so I might do those after depending how long those take. I've been told that some of the other special events are pretty tough so I could do those as well? I'm interested in what those will be like. I'm wondering how many would I be looking at that could take a bit of time?

I'll get back to Dirt Rally 2.0 Flatout after as that's going to take a lot longer to get through. That shit is tough lol.

Excited to hear about your milestone coming up.  100 plats is excellent.  Nice job on this journey Des!

• Like 2