Easy mode incoming

Alley_Cat_8633

17 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Sounds more like the developers saw their game not selling like they hoped it would and realized they excluded a large percentage of gamers that don’t find what they put out appealing. And now the developers have chosen to find a way to make their work appealing to more people.

This was people showing their support by not giving the developers their money and this is how the developers responded.

Fair enough, that's also true. ?

In the end, it's impossible to make everyone happy.

I'm all for developers doing whatever the hell they want, and if they want to do this themselves, then go for it.

I'm just against people pressuring companies to change their ideas, that's all.

I'm working in the Indie Game industry myself as well and deal with hundreds of people on a daily bases.

People that want everything to be tailored to their specific needs and taste.

And you pretty much see that everywhere these days.

It's impossible to make everyone happy, but I wish that people would accept that, instead of wanting to change what doesn't make them happy.

Creative freedom is so important, and in no way should it be influenced by the outside.

Because once that happens, the product will lose it's identity and soul... and will likely fail.

• Like 3

Depends how "easy" these options make it. At the end of the day the game isnt that long, the whole point is to keep replaying to get better. If they make it so easy that people can just breeze it then they're going to get hit with people complaining its too short and too expensive.

You cant make everyone happy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fr_0zt said:

I still don't understand why people worry/bother about trophy rarity.  

Agreed the only big flex I can appreciated is people who got 

super meat boy, crypt of the necrodancer, I am Bread, Mein Leben 2 trophy or Binding of Isaac at 100%.

leaderboards don’t mean shit anyways as the nr 1 is closing in at 90k bronzies?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

It’s not a difficulty mode, it’s an accessibility option.

It’s there to cater to those with additional needs, to allow them to level the playing field, and allow them to enjoy the game on the same level as others.

Able-bodied / neurotypical people getting outraged by that, because it could be exploited by other able-bodied / neurotypical people - and therefore affect the precious rarities of their trophies - is the equivalent to complaining about a wheelchair accessible ramp being installed on a building, because some people who could use the stairs, might not. 

Just take the stairs - and stop spending time fretting over whether everyone else is.

Bravo. Well said. Can't upvote this comment enough. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, JusttJD said:

No, you have it the other way around.

SNIP

Now, personally... I don't give a f*ck. But I can understand that other people feel different.

Now, now, there's no need to lie.  If you really didn't care, you never would've commented on the subject to begin with.  The fact that you're participating in this discussion shows that you do in fact care that the developers of Sifu are adding a reduced difficulty.  Personally, I think it's great that they are adding lower difficulty options while at the same understanding where you're coming from as well.

• Like 2

(I already expressed this opinion in a similar thread, but I feel that I have to repeat it here).

The reason why people balk at the addition of an easy mode/platinum exploit is because they fear that others will think that they cheesed it, even if they didn't. They want the trophies to be virtual proof of their skill and mastery of a game, and the easy mode would muddy the waters for them. I can understand that, because I'll admit to having that mindset before after I legitimately earned the platinum for Cuphead and Apotheon. However, you shouldn't let that detract from your achievement. You still did it the way the devs intended, and no one can take that away from you.

That being said, every single game does not have to be made for everyone. Some games are better suited without easy modes, such as Dark Souls and Rain World. Those games had a vision to put you against incredible odds, and an easy mode would be antithetical to that vision. If the devs intended a game to appeal to a more niche audience, then they should be allowed to do so, if it helps create the best version of the game that they envisioned.

Tl;Dr: If Sifu was more focused on story, then I feel that an easy mode would be justified. I just worry that the addition might muddy the waters of the experience that the devs intended you to have.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, ImStylinOnYaBro said:

excelentes noticias para verlos derribar el desafío. no hay razón para que tantas personas tengan que luchar mientras intentan participar en su pasatiempo de jugar.

if you can't complete something, don't do. 

14 hours ago, ImStylinOnYaBro said:

es como andar en bicicleta sin ruedas de entrenamiento. un modo fácil es como tener la capacidad de volver a poner ruedas de entrenamiento si estás harto de caerte sobre el concreto y lastimarte. es genial para cualquier nivel de habilidad para poder saltar al sifu y azotar un poco el.

but you want it to be worth the same to ridewith wheels as without them, despite being 500 times easier lmao

9 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

What an incredibly insecure way to spend time. “Fear others will think they cheesed it”? It makes me sad that someone’s life took them however it did to end up playing games guided by fear of what others might possibly think.

Well that's the thing, ain't it? I don't think these people exactly have a life to begin with if they're this concerned and obsessed with trophies to the point they're worried about how other people may perceive their trophy collection. It is sad. 

Edited by mega-tallica
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

What an incredibly insecure way to spend time. “Fear others will think they cheesed it”? It makes me sad that someone’s life took them however it did to end up playing games guided by fear of what others might possibly think.

It was the best theory I could come up with, and it is something that was bound to happen eventually, considering the nature of this niche community.

I believe some people forget we live in a time where 10 years of trophy hunting accounts mean nothing today. When can get a triple amount of trophies in one week with games like Zippy. 

Everybody here is like they never used an easier mode or exploit to get a trophy and nobody forces you to play on easier difficulty. Do it, record it and upload it on YT or see it as an accomplished for yourself without showing it to the world. It's up to you.

Hades have an easier mode, R&C have an easier mode even TLOU2 had an easier mode with accessibility exploit to make your life easier. Enjoy playing video games guys. Somebody loves the challenge and somebody loves to have an easier time. None of them is wrong.

Edited by ShadyWARcotix
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, JusttJD said:

Fair enough, that's also true. 1f642.png

In the end, it's impossible to make everyone happy.

I'm all for developers doing whatever the hell they want, and if they want to do this themselves, then go for it.

I'm just against people pressuring companies to change their ideas, that's all.

I'm working in the Indie Game industry myself as well and deal with hundreds of people on a daily bases.

People that want everything to be tailored to their specific needs and taste.

And you pretty much see that everywhere these days.

It's impossible to make everyone happy, but I wish that people would accept that, instead of wanting to change what doesn't make them happy.

Creative freedom is so important, and in no way should it be influenced by the outside.

Because once that happens, the product will lose it's identity and soul... and will likely fail.

I logged in just to comment...ha so you want companies/devs to do whatever they want and not give a damn about the community that it?...haha I really couldn't believe when I read this,you aware that the community is what makes games better and most of the time keep companies on their toes not letting them be so arrogant right?...I could list a ton load of games where only because people said something about it the game got better,crappy things didn't stay the way they where you know.

Now I get it that Sifu is a new IP and in that case yes creative freedom is important but this part you said "I'm all for developers doing whatever the hell they want"...lol imagine every game becoming The Last of Us 2,that's where your line of thinking would take us.Not sure how long you've been playing and how long you've been aware of the things that happen in the gaming industry but the companies NEED us the people that feed them money to keep them in the rails...the current state of the gaming industry is a hellish disaster with us raising our voices I can only imagine how much worse it would be with us being quiet and accepting everything like good children. 

I just need to leave this huge example here: you say that "Because once that happens, the product will lose it's identity and soul... and will likely fail."

the Devil May Cry made by ninja theory...what you wrote there happened to DMC because capcom allowed ninja theory to do whatever the hell they wanted so it's funny your line of thinking,more like nonsense but you get ma point.

Glad this is coming,such great game shouldn't be hurt by a poor design like that.Just make the damn deaths reset every time you hit a game over and it's done...I never thought Sifu would be like this and I'm always against making games easier but they took it too far with Sifu,you feel like you're playing on an ultra hard difficulty from the beginning,there's barely room to enjoy the game cuz you're always focused on surviving and it wants you to be god at it from the beginning like WTF?...having to replay chapters over and over again to progress is bs.The feeling is the same of doing that annoying thing when you're in the last steps for a plat,that nearly perfect run needed for a plat and this shouldn't be the case the 1st time you're playing a game.Sifu is the 1st game I see that you can't just sit back,relax and enjoy the game which is crazy cuz I thought the game would be pure fun.

I wished they would add a mode where you can simply have fun and play through the game without the frustration it has currently so am glad to see these news.I couldn't care less about the trophies,they just took the difficulty too damn far with Sifu...I have no idea how they thought it was ok to release the game like that.

On a trophy website people spread, encourage and post vids to abuse every single glitch or exploit they can to unlock those trophies, its literally written in guides and people even do that nonsense with dialing back to patch 1.00 to get an easier version of the game. People request inaccessible or time consuming trophies to be made easier, but if its to access story content heaven forbid these devs are like the Michael Jordan of Evil.

Let's face it a bunch of people are gonna wait for this patch to get the plat, but quick guys make rage posts so people don't think you were one of THOSE people.

2 hours ago, Welmosca said:

Glad this is coming,such great game shouldn't be hurt by a poor design like that.Just make the damn deaths reset every time you hit a game over and it's done...I never thought Sifu would be like this and I'm always against making games easier but they took it too far with Sifu,you feel like you're playing on an ultra hard difficulty from the beginning,there's barely room to enjoy the game cuz you're always focused on surviving and it wants you to be god at it from the beginning like WTF?...having to replay chapters over and over again to progress is bs.The feeling is the same of doing that annoying thing when you're in the last steps for a plat,that nearly perfect run needed for a plat and this shouldn't be the case the 1st time you're playing a game.Sifu is the 1st game I see that you can't just sit back,relax and enjoy the game which is crazy cuz I thought the game would be pure fun.

I wished they would add a mode where you can simply have fun and play through the game without the frustration it has currently so am glad to see these news.I couldn't care less about the trophies,they just took the difficulty too damn far with Sifu...I have no idea how they thought it was ok to release the game like that.

I agree with this dude, even if i love a game I would like to see some of the later stuff, tbh I always remember god hand in these debates that was difficulty perfection if you got good the game beat you down into easy mode.

20 hours ago, Silocia said:

Depends how "easy" these options make it. At the end of the day the game isnt that long, the whole point is to keep replaying to get better. If they make it so easy that people can just breeze it then they're going to get hit with people complaining its too short and too expensive.

You cant make everyone happy.

People who wanted the hard version preordered it and cared about it, this option will likely boost sales as more people will be willing to give it a try.

• Like 1